+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: John - Bartender, Atlanta, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I think he's straight, but he seems like he could be gay, and the producer's are trying to throw us off. I can't really remember him much from the show, was he the one who said, he almost had a panic attack?
    Yes, he's the one who was talking about the panic attack. I can't figure him out either.

Quote Originally Posted by fireant
    Yes, he's the one who was talking about the panic attack. I can't figure him out either.
    That's right! He did say that, and it "pinged" me when he said it, but then I thought...Hmmm, don't straight guys get panic attacks too???

I don't know about you guys/gals, but I'm having a BLAST driving myself nuts on this! Just think!!! We have 5 more days of this, will we make it???

dave

Quote Originally Posted by davewfred
    That's right! He did say that, and it "pinged" me when he said it, but then I thought...Hmmm, don't straight guys get panic attacks too???

dave
    Yes of course they do! But would they ever admit it when there is another male within possible hearing range; oh say 500 yards? Hell no, I don't think so!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

They also probably wouldn't call them "panic attacks" unless a doctor told them to or were medical or psych students. In many cases a straight guy is going to try to macho something like this up a bit, I think. "Stress" or "freak out" aren't VERY macho, but you know that terms like that would be frequently used first.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    They also probably wouldn't call them "panic attacks" unless a doctor told them to or were medical or psych students. In many cases a straight guy is going to try to macho something like this up a bit, I think. "Stress" or "freak out" aren't VERY macho, but you know that terms like that would be frequently used first.
    Hmm....I think we are over analyzing this one.

dave

FORT Newbie
    Anyone think it's odd that he's the son of a Baptist minister and yet he's working as a bartender? I mean, it's not a contradiction in terms by any means, but there's something there, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Hehe
    Anyone think it's odd that he's the son of a Baptist minister and yet he's working as a bartender? I mean, it's not a contradiction in terms by any means, but there's something there, don't you think?
    NO! I grew up in a relatively strict Baptist family and was our church pianist for years when I was a teenager....I'll tell ya what, I've played a TON of cards, been to dances & the movies, I smoke and drink beer!

Need I say more???

dave

Nah, not at all. My dad was a high school principal (thank God, not at my school!), and it always seemed that my siblings and I , along with the minister's kids down the street, were some of the most likely to party! I mean, you had to live down the fact that your parent works for the school/church , for crying out loud! Plus, as I said before, I think John is definately gay. If his parents accept that, I think they would be accepting of his being a bartender too. Likewise, had they disowned him for coming out, why would he care what his parents thought about his career choice. Again, I'm operating on the assumption that John is gay...because I betcha he is!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Newbie
    Good points, both of you, queenb, davewfred. But I think it's one thing to rebel as a teenager, it's another to make it your career. Now, I don't know anything about John's family situation, but bartending doesn't seem like the sort of thing a Baptist minister would want for his son. I guess all I'm trying to say is that he isn't the good little boy his background would suggest.

Good points, both of you, queenb, davewfred. But I think it's one thing to rebel as a teenager, it's another to make it your career. Now, I don't know anything about John's family situation, but bartending doesn't seem like the sort of thing a Baptist minister would want for his son. I guess all I'm trying to say is that he isn't the good little boy his background would suggest.
    I'm sure he's probably not going to be a bartender his whole life...I want to say that I heard he is 21...he could be in college and working as a bartender to pay his way...???

dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast