+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Banks - Software consultant, San Diego, CA

QueenB,I have tons of gay friends who are landscape architects, Banks just cemented his gayness for me!

Banks seems to be one the most "metrosexualish" guys to me. My guess about him might have been that he's the guy she'll be most on the fence about, except that him posting here makes me suspicious that he couldn't be a finalist, since I don't think a fianlist would risk public postings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    QueenB,I have tons of gay friends who are landscape architects, Banks just cemented his gayness for me!
    I agree! My partner, works for his family at their greenhouse and can landscape the $hit out of anyone!

dave

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Banks seems to be one the most "metrosexualish" guys to me. My guess about him might have been that he's the guy she'll be most on the fence about, except that him posting here makes me suspicious that he couldn't be a finalist, since I don't think a fianlist would risk public postings.
    A suggestion...don't confuse this show with Boy meets Boy. These guys don't want ANYONE to think they are gay!

Just ask Gust! I bet if he went to the website and saw that 90% of the participants said they thought he was gay, he'd be pissed!

dave

I also think that he is gay based on his confessional (or maybe I'm just REALLY hoping so reading too much into things) But when he said that he wasn't looking forward to this, it really seemed like he was dreading this because he didn't want to see her being hurt... god, he's so cute, and nice.. and yum! lol
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

I didn't mean that gay guys don't do landscaping. I just thought it was odd that he said he thought that fact might cause someone to think he's gay. I don't know any straight men who might make a comment like that. So, to me the fact that he doesn't know that straight men don't think landscaping is a stereotypical gay activity.....makes me think he's gay.
    And this post makes me think that I'm still not explaining myself worth a toot!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I didn't mean that gay guys don't do landscaping. I just thought it was odd that he said he thought that fact might cause someone to think he's gay. I don't know any straight men who might make a comment like that. So, to me the fact that he doesn't know that straight men don't think landscaping is a stereotypical gay activity.....makes me think he's gay.
    And this post makes me think that I'm still not explaining myself worth a toot!
    LOL...ya really wanna hear something really twisted? He looks WAY too good and feels way to comfortable in flannel to be gay!

I need to re-watch the show, but my partner is going to kill me if I watch it for a 3rd time!

dave

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82
    I also think that he is gay based on his confessional (or maybe I'm just REALLY hoping so reading too much into things) But when he said that he wasn't looking forward to this, it really seemed like he was dreading this because he didn't want to see her being hurt... god, he's so cute, and nice.. and yum! lol

Add a third voice to those who feel his closet confessional seems to hint at Banks` being gay. Also, when Gust is having his initial little fit after the "big revelation" it is Banks who comments "this really is about whether or not lying about who you are is worth a million dollars"...a query/argument with which Banks now appears to be struggling (at least in secret). I wouldn`t be surprised if he were the guy that Daphne refers to in her interview as mentioning his lover`s name and saying "this was awful and I`m coming home".

Also, when the revelation of there being gay men at the ranch is made, did anyone notice the ring that Banks was wearing on his right hand (fourth finger). I could be wrong, but I really think I`ve seen that exact ring (silver with thin band of pink gold in the middle) for sale/advertised in "The Advocate" magazine (a gay & lesbian newsmagazine) as a commitment ring/wedding band. Also, the ring mysteriously disappeared after that point (you can see the tanline on his finger from where the ring used to be during the rest of the show).

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCoetzer
    Add a third voice to those who feel his closet confessional seems to hint at Banks` being gay. Also, when Gust is having his initial little fit after the "big revelation" it is Banks who comments "this really is about whether or not lying about who you are is worth a million dollars"...a query/argument with which Banks now appears to be struggling (at least in secret). I wouldn`t be surprised if he were the guy that Daphne refers to in her interview as mentioning his lover`s name and saying "this was awful and I`m coming home".

Also, when the revelation of there being gay men at the ranch is made, did anyone notice the ring that Banks was wearing on his right hand (fourth finger). I could be wrong, but I really think I`ve seen that exact ring (silver with thin band of pink gold in the middle) for sale/advertised in "The Advocate" magazine (a gay & lesbian newsmagazine) as a commitment ring/wedding band. Also, the ring mysteriously disappeared after that point (you can see the tanline on his finger from where the ring used to be during the rest of the show).
    WOW! We have Sherlock Holmes!

I watched the show again, and you're right, he does have a ring on his right hand, but I've given up on the theory that only gay guys were rings. Some straight guys ever wear rings on their thumbs.

Although...when he's arm wrestling (in a following show) he still has the ring on....

dave

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by davewfred
    WOW! We have Sherlock Holmes!

I watched the show again, and you're right, he does have a ring on his right hand, but I've given up on the theory that only gay guys were rings. Some straight guys ever wear rings on their thumbs.

Although...when he's arm wrestling (in a following show) he still has the ring on....

dave
    I`ll have to watch that scene again...I didn`t notice the ring then...hmmm, perhaps `tis time to reconsider.
    Still, my curiosity was more piqued about the actual design of the ring than by its mere presence (and subsequent disappearance/apparent reappearance). Perhaps once he realized that Jackie was going on such inane observations as "you own a hairdryer", he figured "well, she ain`t never gonna notice this ring." Still, something about it rings a bell...oh wait, that`s just my gaydar clanging loudly...

+ Reply to Thread