+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jackie

FORT Newbie
    I must admit this is my first time reading online comments about a reality tv show, but it's great fun to read what everyone out there thinks. I consider myself to have excellent gaydar, but I know this show has already proven my gaydar is in need of a little "alignment."

As far as Jackie is concerned, she's a college friend of mine. She's not your typical "small town girl" but that's what they're gonna play her up to be. I'm sure she will have to base some of her eliminations on first impressions and stereotypes, but she's barely had a chance to get to know any of these guys and already had to eliminate two. Her glamor photos - well yeah, they are pretty cheesy, and it's TV - they're out to make her look like a naive small town girl from Wisconsin - CHEESE! (and the whole country theme makes me laugh!) But for what it's worth, we're bound to see only parts of Jackie's true personality. Give her a chance and most of us will decide she's totally lovable and doing the best she can (for a woman that is - admit it guys - we typically have better gaydar when it comes to picking out other gay men!) I just hope she follows her heart like phat32 says -- "In order to survive and not break down week after week during elimination, she has to follow her heart, because there are still things that cannot be faked between a man and woman who are genuinely interested in one another." Love ya Jackie!

She's not a rocket scientist, but seems nice enough. Rather than a naive small town girl, I saw more of a party girl.

ECBartender, so "we typically have better gaydar when it comes to picking out other gay men" is your way of saying that you are a gay friend of hers? Interesting in that some of the clips would like to be pretending that she's SO small town that she's never even met a gay man before.

Quote Originally Posted by ECBartender
    I must admit this is my first time reading online comments about a reality tv show, but it's great fun to read what everyone out there thinks.
    Welcome to our world, dude. (And if you find you like the FoRT, forget any chance ever again of having a normal social life outside of the computer.)

As far as Jackie is concerned, she's a college friend of mine. She's not your typical "small town girl" but that's what they're gonna play her up to be.
    D'oh! I discuss not making assumptions about the male contestants based on their mannerisms or behavior and then make an assumption that simply because she originates from a small town that her outlook wouldn't be that worldly. My bad!

Give her a chance and most of us will decide she's totally lovable and doing the best she can
    Well, I don't know--I like her well enough already. But you make a good point about giving contestants such as herself a chance.

(for a woman that is - admit it guys - we typically have better gaydar when it comes to picking out other gay men!)
    I don't know. My gaydar is oh-for-two following that first elimination.

I just hope she follows her heart like phat32 says -- "In order to survive and not break down week after week during elimination, she has to follow her heart, because there are still things that cannot be faked between a man and woman who are genuinely interested in one another."
    Ah, cheers.

But at the risk of sounding too PC, I should have written "things that cannot be faked between two people who are genuinely interested in one another," which was my point all along. (The statement could be misread to mean that only heterosexual couples can have true feelings about one another.)

Love ya Jackie!
    Dude, if you see her in the near future, tell her she wouldn't have to worry because phat32 is all hetero, and although I don't have $500,000 to offer her, she can meet me anytime. ...well, I think my girlfriend may have something to say about that, though. Ah, well.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

FORT Newbie
    Krom - You're correct in seeing that she's a bit of a "party girl" -- as I partied with her back in college when I was "playin it straight" but I think she saw through me.

My gaydar was one-for-two in last night's episode... so guess we'll have to see how I do next week! Made my straight/gay list... but last night was only based on first impressions, so I won't give her too much crap yet.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Welcome to our world, dude. (And if you find you like the FoRT, forget any chance ever again of having a normal social life outside of the computer.)

D'oh! I discuss not making assumptions about the male contestants based on their mannerisms or behavior and then make an assumption that simply because she originates from a small town that her outlook wouldn't be that worldly. My bad!

Well, I don't know--I like her well enough already. But you make a good point about giving contestants such as herself a chance.

I don't know. My gaydar is oh-for-two following that first elimination.

Ah, cheers.

But at the risk of sounding too PC, I should have written "things that cannot be faked between two people who are genuinely interested in one another," which was my point all along. (The statement could be misread to mean that only heterosexual couples can have true feelings about one another.)

Dude, if you see her in the near future, tell her she wouldn't have to worry because phat32 is all hetero, and although I don't have $500,000 to offer her, she can meet me anytime. ...well, I think my girlfriend may have something to say about that, though. Ah, well.
    my only comment to you phat32 is ...lost in translation - LOVE it!
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Off-topic: Lost in Translation

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFabulous
    my only comment to you phat32 is ...lost in translation - LOVE it!
    So if, one day, I'm at the Movie Gallery in Pelham, and I reach for the Lost in Translation DVD the same time as a pretty stranger ("Ah wuz gunna rint thaat!"), I'll look over, our eyes will meet, and we'll both say, "Now aren't you...it can't...but you are...WOW!" And then we'll have to do the FoRT Secret Handshake (TM)?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Jackie seems nice enough, but they are kind of overdoing the 'small town girl' thing. Even in small towns, no one is that naive about gay people anymore. Hell, I grew up in a small town and knew better by the time I was 16...27 years ago! I mean, I cn't believe she would think that there's no way a gay man would kiss her, as it showed on the previews...especially considering the money!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Some things can be faked between a man and a woman. As Queen Victoria said just "close your eyes and think of England". It's not that hard for for any 20 something male of any sexual orientation to get that blood pumping in all the right places, remember the brain is the biggest sex organ we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    The big surprise twist is............she's a guy in drag!
    That would be hilarious.
    Sharif Rocks. www.sharifmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Some things can be faked between a man and a woman. As Queen Victoria said just "close your eyes and think of England". It's not that hard for for any 20 something male of any sexual orientation to get that blood pumping in all the right places, remember the brain is the biggest sex organ we have.
    I was actually thinking about how the men would behave on a date with Jackie --hand-holding, engaged and interested or aloof and distant, gift-giving, appearing to have a good time or just faking it.

The non-sexual parts of a relationship cannot be faked: Either you're interested and, later, in love, or you aren't.
    Last edited by phat32; 03-14-2004 at 12:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast