+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by makerc
    Hmm... this one's definitely gay
    Hey, I was just about to say that when I read your comment!

she looks posessed, she looks like she has that guy from Big Fat Obnoxious, Steve, not the actor, but playing Big Fat Obnoxious standing behind her with his arm on her shoulder and shes smiling, a big fake smile...:rolleyes

The guys are prettier that she is...well some of them

She looks positively elated.

Oddly, the first thing I thought when I saw this picture was: "wow..look at that really cool, rustic mantle behind her!!"
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Those look a lot like pageant promotional pictures - or something from GlamourShots. She looks a lot prettier in the commercials for the show, much like Larissa did on AJ2.

Quote Originally Posted by makerc
    Hmm... this one's definitely gay
    Would't it be a huge twist if it turned out she was the gay one. Now that would be priceless.

GAY....uhm JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

Doesn't anyone think she looks like Jennifer Love Hewitt???

dave

After watching the premiere, I was pleasantly surprised by the fact I didn't dislike her as much as I have the women on some other dating-reality TV programs. (That second one from Average Joe springs immediately to mind.)

She seems like a sweet enough girl who was dealt a blow--expecting to do the show to meet "Mr. Right" and instead being told there's money in the pot and some of the guys would never be romantically interested in her.

Of course, she seemed less flattering during and after the first elimination, when it seemed she was only eliminating to get closer to that money (and eliminating based on "effeminate qualities"), but I'm willing to cut the girl a break.

After all, in the same evening, she'd been told about the money, some of the guys being gay, and that there would be an elimination. ("In the same evening" being subjective, since I couldn't really tell, as this series has trademarks of that strange "Fox Time" where we're led to believe one thing about hours and days, but the outdoor shots and interviews confuse the issue.)

Her preconceived notions about homosexuals are laughable/somewhat offensive, but I think that's the idea. C'mon, this is FOX we're talking about, home of such reality favorites as The Littlest Groom and Brides in Alaska. They're going to edit her until she seems laughable and or worthy of our derision, no matter what she may really be like in her "real," non-TV life.

She's a "small-town girl" (TM) who probably hasn't known very many homosexual people and seems to be hung up on the stereotypes: Homosexual men are "effeminate" and they are overly concerned about their appearance (the hairdryer bit). But this is probably the last week I'll let her play the Small-Town Girl Card and get away with it.

Hopefully, she'll learn to look for other qualities in the male contestants. In the end, this is a dating show. If she thought too much about the inclusion of the money and gay folks and all the different kinds of lies and true motivations and blah-blah, it's enough to make that head of hers spin. (It makes my head spin!) In order to survive and not break down week after week during elimination, she has to follow her heart, because there are still things that cannot be faked between a man and woman who are genuinely interested in one another.

P.S. I think the twist is she's BISEXUAL. (Hey! Maybe they'll bring some women in when it gets down to five guys! If they do, I would tape this show, copy protect the tape and put it in my safety deposit box. )
    Last edited by phat32; 03-13-2004 at 10:52 AM. Reason: edit for spelling errors
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

The big surprise twist is............she's a guy in drag! I quite like her, even feel a bit sorry for her, and I can't really blame her for using "stereotypes" to pick and choose, what else is there to go on, and often, but not always, the stereotypes are true. She must be really confused after the 1st episode, I know I am! The problem is, she's using the old stereotypes from the 50's not the modern ones. Luciano, who I think is straight, fits the modern stereotype, as does Banks, ( software, jogger, landscaper ) Bill (hyper -butch , californian event planner ) but have to cut her some slack, she's from a small town in Wisconsin!

I have no idea how she could tell, I certainly can't and I suspect she is in the same boat I would be in. If their not flaming I would not know.

I have trouble just trying to keep our posters in the man/woman/gay/straight category.
    Since we don't know by most avatars.

I tried to tell by their walk, gestures, speech, only Ryan seems gay to me and he probably isn't. The hair dryer did nothing for me as a clue. I thought all men used hair dryers at one time or another. Staple in every household.

I think when she asks them at the eliminations it is entirely up to them what they reveal, how else could it be???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast