+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Playing It Straight" to premiere on Fox, 03/12

"Playing It Straight" to premiere on Fox, 03/12

"PLAYING IT STRAIGHT" COMES OUT OF THE CLOSET FRIDAY, MARCH 12, ON FOX

Do You Have the Gaydar Necessary to Tell If Someone Isn't Straight? Daphne Brogdon ("The X Show") Hosts

One beautiful single woman. 14 sexy bachelors. A million-dollar prize. Think you know where this is going? Think again things aren't exactly as they appear when FOX puts this young lady and the viewing audience to the test to determine which guys are straight and which guys might be just PLAYING IT STRAIGHT, premiering Friday, March 12 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

This one-hour unscripted series may have a twist, but the rules are simple: if a straight guy is the last man standing, the couple splits the money. However, if a gay guy fools his way to the finish line, he leaves $1 million richer. With serious cash up for grabs, first impressions have never been more important.

Hosted by Daphne Brogdon ("The X Show"), the series follows single gal Jackie, a college student from Appleton, Wis., as she embarks on a dating adventure at the Sizzling Saddles Ranch in Elko, Nev. Jackie has traded in her book bag and No. 2 pencils for a cowboy hat and lasso with the hope of roping in the man of her dreams. But this cowgirl must determine which side of the saddle these guys ride on.

Jackie's suitors are 14 men some looking for love, some on a quest for money, and all trying to guess who is PLAYING IT STRAIGHT. These stallions vie for Jackie's affections by participating in group activities and one-on-one dates that will simultaneously tempt her heart and test her "gaydar."

Some will come out with nothing, some will come out of the closet, but only one will come out victorious. As for Jackie, she will either leave with love, money or her "gaydar" in need of serious repair.

Jeremy Mills and Ciara Byrne are executive producers of PLAYING IT STRAIGHT, which is a Lion Television production.
    Last edited by John; 02-02-2004 at 06:31 PM.

What is this Fox's 5th new reality show for feb-sheesho

well, I don't know about everyone else, but I'll be watching!

I dunno if I will be a regular in watching this show. But I will maaaybe take a peek at these boys or should I saaay Men?

The cash prize angle is AWFULLY similar to an exsiting show on TV. Geee, what show could that be? :rolleyes

http://www.foxnow.com/playingitstraight/
    Last edited by BorderEevil2; 02-11-2004 at 01:24 AM.

Haha, what the heck, count me in! I'll bring my gaydar and cheesy puffs. If there's one person there with the Carson wit this show will become one of my new faves.
    "Just kiss my toes and I'll be happy." - Dex

I'm looking forward to this show big time, but I bet all the gay guys will be hyper-masculine. It will be nice too, to see some gay guys on t.v who aren't doing make-overs on straight people....though I am a fan of Queer eye, it will be refreshing to see another type of gay guy on T.V It could end up really heart wrenching too, what if this girl falls in love with a gay guy, it happens in real life, this will be interesting, but a tad twisted, have to love it.

I think this will be a really fun show to watch. I'm thinking that all the guys will be of the "metrosexual" type - no super stud types and no flames either! On the preview it did seem that they've found a really naive lady; "Gee, I'm thinking, no way will he kiss me if he's gay". I bet this is going to be hilarious; at least I hope so!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    ......It could end up really heart wrenching too, what if this girl falls in love with a gay guy, it happens in real life, this will be interesting, but a tad twisted,.......
    That was what I couldn't stand about Boy Meets Boy. So many enjoyed it but, I didn't. However, IMO, it ended well!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I'll be watching this one..hope it's good!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Is there any information on the contestants yet? I didn't see Boy meets Boy, read about it, but we don't get Bravo in Canada. Still I'm really looking forward to this, I hope the gay guys aren't all model/actor spokespersons and have some sort of a conscience. I have a feeling, though, she's going to choose a gay guy, what a season finale that will make, so twisted, I have to love it. My sister was always terrified of ending up with a guy who was closeted gay, and in denial about it, she's thinks she can always tell who is gay and who isn't, so she'll be watching, and I hope this show proves her wrong, that she can't tell!! I wonder if they have a straight guy, lesbian, straight woman in the works as well. Then after that it will be Playing it Transexual, with Christine Jorgenson as the host.
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 03-01-2004 at 02:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast