+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Web cast episode comments

Web cast episode comments

One of my goals this Labor Day weekend was to watch the rest of Pirate Master.

One thing about CBS's innerTube player is that is does not let you fast forward or go backward, although it has the buttons for it. If I do it just repeats the entire loop. I was 28 minutes into part 1 of episode 14 and tried to pause and BAM! it looped back to the start. What a PITA. CBS really needs to rectify this situation. I have to said the player that ABC has is excellent, no stalling due to buffering, no pixelation, and you can pause, go forward and backward with no problem. BTW I have DSL.

Episode 09: Azymuth - you were a fool not try to save yourself. I believe there is a bible quote about pride and falling that suits your situation perfectly.

Episode 10: It was interesting to see the new triad at work and backstab Nessa off the boat. Oops, I was about to say off the island. It is a pleasure to see an alliance actually work together hatch a plan, and work the plan to the end. So many times have we have seen this not work (on Survivor) that it was refreshing to see it work here, regardless of my personal feelings about Jay.

Episode 11: At this point it is rather pitiful to watch the 2nd Triad Alliance pick of pirates one by one. Still I thought Crista totally stupid for not considering voting Jay off at this point. I don't mind a bit of competition but don't shoot yourself in the foot about it. Seriously, as long as Crista had Ben on her side she was OK. In fact after she got rid of Jay, she should have gotten rid of Ben. Well, she could have gotten rid of Laurel then Ben. Against Louie and Kendra she would have won hands down. Being that brutal and harsh is how a pirate would be and would have earned her the title of Pirate Master. Oh, bye, bye Kendra.

Oh, I forgot, Jay cheats at cards.He took Ben for $2,000. I hope all the people he plays cards with watch this webcast or friends tell them about it.

I also liked how there was no loot in the treasure chest, but Jay got what he wanted. Christa still in power and him in charge of it all.

Episode 12: It was painful to watch Jay throw the expedition, Louie and Laurel were doing quite well. As far as drama this episoded properly had the most. Jay is revealed to be a liar and schemer and yet Ben ends up with a blackspot. Again Christa was told that Jay was a schemer, cheater and backstabber, but because he has kids she has bonded with him. Come on woman what about your kids. I hated how she was emotional about this for the wrong reasons. She should have been emotional about providing for her child not Jay's.

Still at this point it seems a very obvious Ben, Jay, Christa finale. Bye Bye, Laurel.

Episode 13: 2 expeditions left. Now it was hard to watch Ben throw the expedition especially with Louie as a teammate it looks as if they would have won. Unfortunately either Louie or Ben would have had to be the captain. If it was Louie it was a no brainer Jay would have had the blackspot. Still who would Louie trust to vote either Jay or Christa off.

Again it was painful to watch Christa again not take advantage of the situation and give Jay and Ben the black spots and give Louie the power to vote whom ever off. I'm sure Jay would have gone. It killed me to see her throw away another chance to win this game, especially when Jay threatens her by saying he would never forgive her. Ha, that is so feminine. Guys are more logical than that they cut each others throats all the time and understand it. Claiming he would never forgive her is like a girlfriend saying it to another girlfriend. Wait a minute! Does this mean Jay is GAY?

Episode 14: Part 1 28+ minutes the 14th expedition. Why in the heck were Jay and Ben ever worried about Christa being any kind of competition. They both wopped her ass. Ben definitely won and will be in the finale. The ghost jury decides who will be the other competitor in the finale. This should be interesting. It really depends on how many are in the jury and if they admire Jay more for playing the game well or if they hate his guts more.

PS: Oh, the Ghost Jury consists of all 13 crew that were cut adrift.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 09-03-2007 at 12:17 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Web cast episode comments

Very surpised to find out that Cheryl from Pirate Master killed herself on July 27th. Supposedly Cheryl was very upset because her boyfriend killed himself with her gun sometime in the middle of July.

The show was cancelled on July 23rd. I don't think the show had anything to do with it as it had been filmed months earlier.

Comments on Parts 2, 3 & 4 of the Pirate Master finale.

Note: well I finally learned how to fast forward and reverse on the CBS player. It is very delicate, and still buffers very slowly tho.

Part 2: All the pirates that were cut adrift are now part of the pirates court. Both Jay and Christa defended themselves and several of the ghosts said their pieces. Cheryl even had her harangue about how they both were liars and cheaters and backstabbers and neither deserved to be there. There were several disgruntled crew. A pirate is not a saint. Didn't become one by being that. Is not successful unless one cheats, steals and backstabs. That is such a Duh moment. Jon is really well spoken and had some beautiful things to say about Christa. Anyway the vote went 12 to 1. In favor of Jay. I'm thinking damn, Jay won and Christa lost, crap. Huh, wait a minute this is not Survivor. The ghost crew voted who would be cast adrift and that was Jay. But Jay is not cast adrift he is made part of the ghost crew. If this was Survivor Jay would have won the $1,000,000 as being the best player. Still at this point Jay says he has $105,000 so all is good.

Christa is now first officer to Ben's captain.

Next day Ben is giving sailing orders and teases Laurel . Does like anyone. Everytime someone is in charge and gives her orders she is so bitter. She dissed Azymuth and now she is dissing Ben. I don't think she really likes anyone. What a grouch. Good thing she is physically pretty cause her soul is twisted, maybe that explains the dreadlocks. UGH!!

Ben does talk to Louie and squares things with him for sabotaging the last expedition they were on. Ben gives Louis the $12,000 he got for betraying him.

Part 3: Another Pirate's Court.
    This is a chance for the Ghost Crew to participate in the last expedition. Not everyone wants to participate, especially the grumbling ones. Everyone gets a chance to say why they should be picked. Again the majority want Christa to win over Ben and quite a few want only to be on Christa's crew. The crews will be 2 women and 2 men. Christa picks Jon, Jay, and Nessa. Ben picks Cheryl, Azymuth and Nessa. Oh, Ben says if he wins he will split his winnings so far of $80,000 with the 3 crew. Christa says she will also split her winnings of $70,000 with her crew. There is a bidding war over Nessa, as Nessa gets to choose. Christa asks Jon and Jay if it is OK to offer Nessa all of the $70,000. Both are OK with it. Nessa chooses Christa and Ben chooses Jupiter.

I admit that part 2 and part 3 were exciting and a novel twist on things, too bad that could not make up for the sheer boredom of the previous 13 episodes.

Part 4: The final expedition. Ben was in the lead from the beginning. Christa kept catching up but at times over thought the clues and that slowed her down. Even at the end both were back on the ship figuring out the final puzzle. Ben wins the $500,000. Funny how after the 2nd Triad is split the edit makes Christa look as if she can't think. Anyway after taxes Ben is bringing hom $332,500. Hope he does not spend it all foolishly after all he is 23 yr old and sometimes friends are all to willing to help drink it away.

At the very end there is a short In Memory of Cheryl Lynn Kosewicz 1971 - 2007. Cheryl was only 36 yrs old.

This link is to the Reno Gazette and Cheryl's Obituary

RGJ.com: CHERYL LYNN KOSEWICZ

CHERYL LYNN KOSEWICZ

Cheryl Lynn Kosewicz, 35, passed away in Sparks on July 27, 2007. Cheryl was born on November 11, 1971 to Ted M. and Elizabeth Ann Kosewicz in Brewster, Washington. In 1990 Cheryl graduated as Valedictorian from Lake Roosevelt High School in Coulee Dam, WA. She was a Lady Rebel basketball player at UNLV and graduated in 1994. In 2000 Cheryl received her Doctrine in Law from Lewis and Clark School of Law. She worked for the Clark County District Attorney's Office in Las Vegas for six years before moving to Reno and working for the DA's office in Reno. Cheryl had a love for triathlons, soccer, boxing, camping, biking and the rodeo. She medaled as an International Olympic Police Boxer. Cheryl is survived by her parents, her brother Mike, grandmother Wenona Ried, extended family and friends including her two puppies, Justice and Sassie. A funeral service is scheduled for Tuesday, July 31, 2007 at 10 a.m. at Walton Funeral Home, 875 West 2nd Street, Reno. An interment will follow in Las Vegas at a later date. In lieu of flowers the family requests that a donation be made to Kids Kottage, in care of: Washoe County Social Services, P O Box 11130, Reno, NV 89520-0027, Telephone: 775.337.4470. We invite you to send a condolence message in the “Remembrance Registry Guestbook“ at the website of: Walton's Family of Funeral Homes

Link to a news article mentions her last posting on her myspace account.

Cheryl Kosewicz, Pirate Master hopeful, takes own life | NEWS.com.au Entertainment

"Truthfully, I've lost the strong Cheryl and I'm just floating around lost," she wrote in a June 28 comment on the MySpace account of fellow contestant Nessa Nemir.

"And this frik'n show doesn't help because it was such a contention between Ryan and I and plus its not getting good reviews.

"Then I made National Enquirer today so I'm just hitting it big....the hits keep on coming."

She then suggested the pair plan a trip together in August.

On her own MySpace page, Kosewicz wrote: "Through thick and thin my friends, family and co-workers have been there for me.....even when I refused their help and support.

"Thank you so much for the support and love. I will forever and always be thankful. Until we meet again.........."
    The Herald Sun printed/posted the very same article but added a beginning paragraph saying that Cheryl partially blamed the show for the failure of her relationship with her boyfriend.

Reality TV blamed for suicide | Herald Sun

While the title claims Reality TV is responsible for Cheryl's suicide the article really does not say that. It's just an editor adding inflamatory prose and not really having the facts or quotes to back it up.

oh my, Bearcata. The words speak for themselves as the emotions are horrible to contemplate. Knowing this little bit more makes me even sadder for Cheryl and her family and friends.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I gotta say, this year must be my lucky year:

The Amazing Race, I pick from the beginning to root for Tyler/James, wnating them to win. They do. Then I pick Dustin/Amber for All-Stars... they get Second. I pick Ben from the beginning to root for and he wins... and on Big Brother I pick Danielle/Dick/Nick to root for, and either Danielle/Dick made it to the final three at LEAST by now! Wahoo!

+ Reply to Thread