+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pirate Master Cancelled - Effective Immediately

Pirate Master Cancelled - Effective Immediately

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - CBS has scuttled "Pirate Master," a low-rated reality series from "Survivor" producer Mark Burnett.

The show, in which 16 contestants searched for buried treasure, has struggled since its May 31 premiere, falling short of time-slot leader "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" on Fox. It marks the second flop for Burnett this summer, with his Fox series "On the Lot" also suffering in the ratings.

"Pirate Master" will be yanked this week from its 8 p.m. Thursday slot in favor of newsmagazine "48 Hours" during the next two weeks. Drama repeats are expected to fill the slot in August. The five remaining episodes from the ratings-starved series will be streamed on CBS.com and the CBS Audience Network on Tuesdays.

Pirate walks plank at CBS | Entertainment | Television | Reuters

FORT Newbie

Re: Pirate Master Cancelled - Effective Immediately

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryId=14&cs=1

CBS is making "Pirate Master" walk the plank. Eye has pulled the Mark Burnett-produced reality skein from its lineup, effective immediately. Series bowed to weak numbers in May and had been sinking ever since, despite a shift to a Monday night slot earlier this month.
    Five episodes of "Pirate Master" remain unaired. Those will be streamed via CBS.com and the CBS Audience Network, with new segs posting every Tuesday.
    It's been a tough summer for Burnett. His Fox collaboration with Steve Spielberg, the film competition skein "On the Lot," was cut back to one episode per week after failing to generate much interest from viewers.
    On the positive tip, Burnett recently landed a renewal for "The Apprentice," which will air a celeb-filled edition next year.

Quote Originally Posted by John;2487955;
    The five remaining episodes from the ratings-starved series will be streamed on CBS.com
    That's all I need! Especially with the change to the 10 pm slot.

Oh, and I think we can put the final blame on a certain scientist/exotic dancer. If the red crew had won there might have been some point in continuing to watch.

edit: I'm sorry, make that if the GHOST crew had won.
    Last edited by Brooks; 07-24-2007 at 10:13 AM.

Well damn. They could have at least finished the series out after going this far.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Anybody really surprised by this? Shows aren't allowed to percolate and gain viewership anymore. If they don't come out of the box a ratings smash, they are pulled. I'm surprised it was allowed to go this far.

I agree that if the Ghost crew had won that it might have made a difference but now it really doesn't matter who wins or what happens because its just a joke anyways.

Also, if they had made the mutiny actually something that was doable, that could have made a difference as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2487999;
    Also, if they had made the mutiny actually something that was doable, that could have made a difference as well.
    I've always thought that the rules for mutiny were quite stupid anyway. The officers shouldn't have to be involved in whether there is a mutiny or not. There's no fun in that anyway. The crew should be able to rise up and overthrow the captain whenever they want, and the officers who aren't with them as well! That surely would've helped rating!

Being replaced by "48 Hours"? THAT's humiliating. Not that this show doesn't deserve it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'm not really shocked or sad about this news. I'm just happy I will never have to hear Azmyth use that stupid, fake, English accent again.

I'm guess I'm a little surprised, although I don't know why. The show with such a promising beginning has been going downhill. If they would've mutined last week, it would've been much better.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I'm glad I'll never have to head "zshoedawn" again, personally.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast