+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Pirate Master Cancelled - Effective Immediately

Re: Pirate Master Cancelled - Effective Immediately

Please don't hide it until we find out who actually 'won' ... ??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2493220;
    How long is this thread going to remain on the main board and not go to the retired shows or something? Really, isn't it just taking up space at this point, or is FORT under some kind of contractual obligation to keep it up here? (I always wondered whether some of those shows pay to be "covered.")
    Additionally, shows don't pay to be covered. Although it would certainly be nice if they offered

Here in Canada, ctv.ca was running a contest to win $10K. You had to pick who would be sent home each week and then the eventual winner. I thought about entering, but decided not to. My initial thoughts were that a good chance to win it was there as hardly anyone else might be watching, let alone enter. Glad I didn't bother. Wasting time on the show itself was enough. The only thing I care about now is finding out who wins, and even then...only to satisfy a curiousity since I did invest time to watch 7? episodes. I hope it's Christa. Here's to not having to endure those horrible Captain Morgan rum ads anymore, too. I hated those.
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 07-28-2007 at 11:10 PM.

I have tried for 2 days to get the video to play Episode 9 on CBS. All it will play are the commercials. I think I've tried everything. Anyone else having the same problem.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I'm with the group begging to not hide it and thanking you guys for keeping it.

I'd like to see Christa or Lauren win or even Nessa, just because the guys (the infamous triad) sort of underestimated them.

I haven't had a problem, I know that firefox doesn't like it so I had to resort to IE (the horrors!) and then I had to do all sorts of stuff to my anti-virus program just so it would allow it and finally I had to download real player (which by the way annoys me to no end and is being deleted the second this show is over. It has ads! Not just ads but pop up ads that show up as so-called messages...grrrr).

Anyways that was how I got it to play, even though it said that you could select windows media player, I could never get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2494099;
    I have tried for 2 days to get the video to play Episode 9 on CBS. All it will play are the commercials. I think I've tried everything. Anyone else having the same problem.
    Yes, we have the same problem. The commercials play just fine, but the actual videos keep buffering every 10 seconds. It lets us choose the player to use, but doesn't let us choose the connection speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2494108;
    I'm with the group begging to not hide it
    It is more convenient on the main page, but really, I think you just need to bookmark it to find it easily. I can set my favorites as a cluster to open in one swoop as tabs. PM is already one of my FORT cluster of tabs, whether main page or not.

Ooo thanks for the tip! I didn't know you could do that and would really save me some time since there are only a handful of shows I'm vested enough in to want to comment here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2494099;
    I just logged onto CBS.com yeterday and clicked on the ep 9 and 10 and had no problem. The shows are divided into 4 segments varying in length and thankfully no commercials except for this little one about wireless communication on an airplane that last 16 seconds. Yes occassionally there was some buffering but not enough to really interfer with the viewing. The only thing you could not do is fast forward the segment, if you tried it just started over and that was annoying if you just wanted to catch the last 2 minutes on a 13 minuted segment.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

This show was HORRIBLE

So glad it's off the air...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456