+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 7/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

This show is just about dead. Im sure CBS expected the Pirates movie to be a bigger hit and carry this show, but even if the movie had any legs this show would still have been finished. How many weeks can we see the same story over and over and over again? There is just nothing that goes on with these guys.

Azmyth just set adrift the only person who flat ou refused to mutiny. Hope the irony kept him up that night.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2479349;
    .......................I was kind of mad that the women on the Black Team didn't try to sabotage it, but it wouldn't have mattered because the Red Team would never have found the lost key.

Since they were going in the wrong direction for such a long time, maybe the crew really did try to hijack Captain AZ....LOL
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Darn. They almost had their mutiny, but couldn't trust Ben to commit. That said - Jupiter needed to go. She outed the mutiny to the captain even though Azmyth is so dense he didn't realize she was a friendly. Her mistake, as we know, was taking her confidence public, rather than private. Dumb.

Hmm. Ghost Pirates on the horizon! Oohhh, I'm scared. They should have been better rested and better fed than the remaining crew, yet evil John made such a stupid, silly mistake with the key. I'm glad though that the remaining crew found the treasure - even though that kept the triad in power.

The play next week against Azmyth will be heated. Also - are there enough players left to make two crews? Eight players left - so yes...the triad plus one woman and the remaining four on the red team. Louie has really, really got to chivvy the red team - they have to win or they have to set a mutiny in stone.

Loved the high waves this episode. Glad no one went overboard.

This show is just pitiful. Pitiful. It's been clear since the first episode that all of the Pirates are morons.

Is this the first show to start with some at least newish concepts (like the ability to win money each week) that has totally jumped the shark before first (and obviously, only) season is finished?
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

The show would have been more entertaining if the ghost pirates had won. A good mutiny some time back would have made it more interesting. As it stands....boring!

FORT Fogey

When did real pirates need all of the officers to say yes to a mutiny?

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2480240;
    When did real pirates need all of the officers to say yes to a mutiny?
    Exactly. But real pirates would probably gut the captain before feeding him to the fish, and then fight over the captain's spoils. That would be interesting.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Arrgh! Another mutiny-less week. I miss Jonathan and Candice.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;2479862;
    The show would have been more entertaining if the ghost pirates had won. A good mutiny some time back would have made it more interesting. As it stands....boring!
    Yes, I was briefly interested in the show this week up until the time it went back to the same ol' same ol'. How disappointing that the ghosts screwed up.

Why doesn't the crew "mutiny" by one or all of the complainers sitting down and refusing to move forward with the treasure challenge??? The fact that they have continued not to do that (and this week would have been an ideal opportunity!) means to me that they've lost the right to complain. They have made their own bed, and should just accept that their greed is holding them back (all the comments about how they needed some of the treasure - well, that is short-sighted since they would be better off sabotaging one treasure challenge in order to break up that triad and have a better chance later on!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast