+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/5 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 7/5 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

If the officers don't vote, how do they participate in the mutiny? They help the captain choose who gets a black spot, then stand back with the captain while the crew votes. If the crew chooses mutiny does it then hinge on the officers? If so, that completely negates using a mutiny because what officer is going to give up his cushy spot? The only way I can see around it is if the crew rallies and convinces the officers if they vote against the captain they can remain officers with the new captain.

How come the ballots that Cameron read don't seem to be skewered?

I like the suggestion someone made earlier that Nessa and JD may simply swap the pardon back and forth between them.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

If Axmyth is removed as Captain and JD has the pardon, it's doubtful Nessa will be able to out bid either Azmyth or Jay.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;2462908;
    If the crew chooses mutiny does it then hinge on the officers?
    That's the way it was explained, and it doesn't make much sense. There is no reason for an officer to go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFB
    Does anyone else find the treasure hunt / expedition as boring as I do?
    Yeah, they are pretty much all the same, and I don't like the fact that both teams are on the same course.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2463153;
    That's the way it was explained, and it doesn't make much sense. There is no reason for an officer to go along with it.
    As the rules stand? No there isn't. There has to be an incentive, and the way I see it the only GOOD incentive would be the chance to be Captain themselves and earn a bigger share. Plus the chance to get rid of a strong competitor to themselves, but that's part of the same logic. And even still, requiring EVERYONE else to go along with it is just ridiculous. And will never happen. There HAS to be some allowable dissent or its meaningless. The key is to balance the equation so its RISKY to mutiny, but not IMPOSSIBLE.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I was very surprised we (the viewers) didn't hear real discussions of mutiny this show, especially when Azsmyth revealed a 60/40 split with the crew rather than 40/60 as he had the last time he was captain. Sean looked surprised, but Jay looke greedy. I think if Joe Don had started a serious whisper campaign, Sean would have joined him and Louie could have been brought over. The women want the triumverate gone, gone, gone, and that is why I wondered why they all stayed with physical weakness as the criteria for voting someone to set adrift?

Disappointing episode. I have such a like/dislike thing going with Nessa and now with Joe Don - they should have made a move this week - next week may be too late for dramatic gestures. It all depends on the ball draw for Joe Don and Louie - who goes with black and the money?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2463852;
    It all depends on the ball draw for Joe Don and Louie - who goes with black and the money?
    I get the impression there is no mystery to the men's ball draw. Because there are only 5 men left and, for now, three of them are destined to be on the black crew, by default, the two remaining are automatically assigned to the red crew.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2463852;
    I was very surprised we (the viewers) didn't hear real discussions of mutiny this show, especially when Azsmyth revealed a 60/40 split with the crew rather than 40/60 as he had the last time he was captain.
    Perhaps the trio, or at least A and Jay, figured out that they might need a larger personal nest egg so they can vie for the pardon if necessary.

I think there is a great deal edited out and the producers don't understand how the show needs to be edited to make more sense.

I'm so glad someone else thought of sabatoge, now for someone on the ship to clue in! Whomever is on the black side needs to block their team from winning, either by floating to shore or retying shoes or just sitting down. They can't advance to the next level without all members being at the clues.
    The red team would have to win ... if the other team can't compete. (Just don't let Louie climb any ladders) One woman captain and two officers, and three males receiving black spots.

If that fails ... Mutiny! If everyone voted it, it'd make the officers aware that their days are numbered, and who are they gonna follow?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;2464182;
    I'm so glad someone else thought of sabotage, now for someone on the ship to clue in! Whomever is on the black side needs to block their team from winning, either by floating to shore or retying shoes or just sitting down. They can't advance to the next level without all members being at the clues.
    I had hoped that one girl would do it this week, as the scene before the ball draw had her talking about wishing to break up the trio. Well, she had her chance and blew it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast