+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 6/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 6/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

A good leader identifies and addresses the issues that are most important to the group they're trying to lead.

I haven't seen anyone on the ship yet who has done this--certainly none of the captains so far.

I have a feeling that Sean might be able to do this--I'd like to see him try.

Of course there's always the possibility that the crew would mutiny against anyone who really was a good leader. As we've seen on Survivor etc, being too good at doing something can get you the boot pretty fast too.

I guess amiable incompetence wins out over all.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2449305;
    You have to scroll down to see what each player has.
    Thanks for posting that site. I have a question on the tracking of the total booty for each pirate. I saw the pardon listed as "monies paid out." Is the bribe not listed as monies paid out?

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2449305;
    You have to scroll down to see what each player has.
    Oh. Hehe. Still hard to find info, IMO. This is rather important info that should upfront, IMO. Anyway....thanx.
    It doesn't apear to be accurate in that it doesn't include the backroom deals (ie: JD's $2500? to Jay; Jay's $1,000 to Sean), but better than nothing. Thanx again.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I'm days late and a few coins short in commenting on this episode. I missed the first twenty minutes that showed Azmyth as captain. I'm imagining it was his version of Utopia. I turned it on as the teams were setting off on the treasure hunt. Why is it that the true hearted always fail the big one? I was happy to see the red team locate the treasure, but, Louie was on the red team and I could see them choosing him captain over the younger guys. Yech! Louie has the demeanor of a swabbie (including his "pirate" laugh) not a leader - and he began to prove it. But, Louie being captain brought the simmering feud with Joe Don to a boil and the focus became their face off.

Joe Don was right to bid high for the moldy pardon - how was he to know that Cheryl had ticked off the women with her non-bonding and would receive more votes? However, now that he has to hand off the pardon before the next court, he will find himself in more of a money hole because who else can afford to pay him what he paid for it? Actually it will be a good bargaining chip with Louie - you lay off me and if you are blackspotted next round, I'll give you the pardon. Would Louie accept? His eyes (all the way to his soul) spit hatred toward Joe Don...so would he?

So far I like Ben and Sean - both seem somewhat below the radar, and both have observed and been on both sides of the spectrum. I really don't know the women, yet. Why is that? Perhaps if one were chosen captain, that would change because we don't really see too much of the crew other than the captain and officers.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Louie (yech) wields his captain power. Will he have Joe Don swab decks for a week?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;2449464;
    It doesn't apear to be accurate in that it doesn't include the backroom deals (ie: JD's $2500? to Jay; Jay's $1,000 to Sean)...
    Someone with better math skills (and more time ) than I can check this out, but I believe it does consider those transactions. I don't think it was $2500 JD gave to Jay. It was $2000. Add that to the $200 he was given by JD for being on the losing crew and that brings it to the $2200 reported for episode 2. Look at Jay's total for episode 3. $4000. That would be $1000 less than the rest of the crew won for that challenge. You'll also find Sean credited with $1000 for episode 3.

Again, this is just a cursory check of the figures. I don't have time to fully investigate all that took place in each episode. However, it looks pretty acurate to me.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Yes, you're right. Comparing Jay's $4,000 Ep 3 take to Jupiter's $5,000 Ep 3 take makes it obvious. Both were officer's at the same time. Jay's is less because the $1,000 to Sean has clearly been taken into account. I don't know of any other deals that occured, so this "Treasure Tracker" is accurate. Thanx for pointing that out....and thanx again for the link CG. It'll help make the show more enjoyable.

EDIT: Re: Jay's $6,001.00 pardon bid.....did he expect change back? . Silly pirate.
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 06-23-2007 at 10:12 PM.

Well since the Pardon has to change hands before the next Pirate Counsel...Louis is in a good position. If he can pull another win and keep his rein...and If he is smart enough to put up a couple of JDs allies...then JD surely wont have the Pardon and he wont have the votes of his allies...let's hope Louis thinks this one through...

Loupert is such a whiny little ass. I want his ass gone, and quickly. And honestly, he has to be plumb stupid to think the way he plays the game stands him any chance of winning.

As for Mr. Peace, Love and Bad Accents... Azmyth... he's a less offensive ass, but still one of the "dumbass" variety.

The more this show goes on, the more I actually like Joe Don, because at least he's PLAYING the game to win, instead of playing for vengeance, or playing Pirate dress up and accents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;2450113;
    Well since the Pardon has to change hands before the next Pirate Counsel...Louis is in a good position. If he can pull another win and keep his rein...and If he is smart enough to put up a couple of JDs allies...then JD surely wont have the Pardon and he wont have the votes of his allies...let's hope Louis thinks this one through...
    It puts him in an even MORE interesting position if the color picking puts Joe Don on his team next time. In that case, Joe Don would actually have to sabotage his own team in order to gain the best chance of not being nominated.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2449390;
    The only thing that bugged me about Pirates Court was that Louie kept bringing up JD's money. If I were in his position, I would have brought up the treatment of the crew as a reason to not like him as captain. I mean, JD and his officers eating like kings and the rest getting gruel.
    For some reason, I think this was a set up. I mean, this guy IS human... I think that was a set up and they actually got real food.

I would be more impressed if these folks were actually sailing every day and standing 4 hour watches instead of actually sleeping through the night and racing crabs and what sailed once and just keep on using the same footage over and over again. These folks should be sleep deprived and grouchy and I am not getting that impression at all.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread