+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 6/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 6/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;2448707;
    If JD sells it for $7,000 he breaks even.
    I can't believe there are many pirates willing to part with that much. He will most likely not even get half of it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Galestorm;2448877;
    Maybe they could make things more interesting challenge wise, by having individual challenges for the person who gets to be captain. The person who is the winner of the individual challenge becomes the captain.
    I think this is a great idea! Unfortunately, I agree this is probably the one and only season, so it probably won't get a chance. I enjoyed this last episode and think the show is actually getting more interesting as it goes along, but I think the first episode was so lame that alot of people stopped watching after that. I didn't watch the whole first (or second) episode and probably only stuck with it to appreciate the snarkiness on here and read the recaps but now I'm glad I did. I'm also curious to see how this plays out in the end.

Louie and JD have both annoyed me as captains, with Louie being the worst since he has such a grudge against JD and that seems to be about all he ever has to say. JD wasn't that bad, but I can understand people being bothered with him keeping so much of the money. Azmyth was kind of fun but I didn't like his attitude about losing the challenge. I mean, if you're the captain and your team does poorly on a challenge, its one thing to put the positive spin on it to keep your team in the game. But if your bonehead blunder is the reason you lost, you should man-up to your mistake instead of trying to sell your team on why it wasn't a loss. Otherwise, I still like him. I hope we see a mutiny but they've set things up to make that difficult. That's probably why they built in a way to change the captain periodically. I agree this is a nice summer fill-in, and at least it's better than reruns!

As a viewer, I'd like to know were everyone stands money wise (ie: how much each person has). I think that'd be a nice piece of info as we follow along. I guess what finally cemented this thought was seeing Jay write down $6001.00 for his bid on the pardon. He said he was going to bid everything he had, so....where'd the one dollar come from? I wonder if he really did bid all he had, or if his bid was a Price is Right thing. You know, $1 higher than the next.
    Anyway....I went onto the CBS website to find this info. No go. At least not upfront. If it's there, it's buried and I don't have the patience to dig for it. (May I be presumptious enough to say.....are you reading this MB?)

While on the CBS site I took a gander at the popularity poll results.
    Louis....get this....Louis is way out in front with 34% of the vote.
    Azmyth is a distant second at 13%.
    This poll is for most popular, not least.

Now there is a project I wish someone would undertake..giving us the financial status of all the pirates. At one time I thought JD said he had about $40K and almost enough to pay his credit cards off. He spent $7,000 for the pardon and $2,500 to Jay. We need an accountant to help us out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;2449222;
    As a viewer, I'd like to know were everyone stands money wise (ie: how much each person has). I think that'd be a nice piece of info as we follow along. I guess what finally cemented this thought was seeing Jay write down $6001.00 for his bid on the pardon. He said he was going to bid everything he had, so....where'd the one dollar come from? I wonder if he really did bid all he had, or if his bid was a Price is Right thing. You know, $1 higher than the next.
    Anyway....I went onto the CBS website to find this info. No go. At least not upfront. If it's there, it's buried and I don't have the patience to dig for it. (May I be presumptious enough to say.....are you reading this MB?)

Yeah, that's a really great point. I've been surprised at how many things have not been explained well, or not been explained at all, on this show. It's particularly surprising to me given that it's a Mark Burnett show so you would think he would know better. I like the show, but find each week I'm wondering about something new - still not sure what happens with the pardon once someone actually uses it ('if not used, it must be sold before the next elimination' or something like that, which always has me wondering if that means once someone uses it, it's gone.) I guess we'll find out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;2449222;

There's a "Treasure Tracker" in the Pirate Master Wiki: Treasure Tracker - Pirate Master

And I saw the poll. I've noticed FoRTers sometimes have a different opinion than everyone else does. I know Louie is popular, he's just not popular with me and a few other people.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2449265;
    There's a "Treasure Tracker" in the Pirate Master Wiki: Treasure Tracker - Pirate Master .....
    Not what I'm looking for. That only tells the total take each week. I want to know how much is in each player's pocket.
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 06-23-2007 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;2449288;
    Not what I'm looking for. That only tells the total take each week. I want to know how much is in each player's pocket.
    You have to scroll down to see what each player has.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2449265;
    There's a "Treasure Tracker" in the Pirate Master Wiki: Treasure Tracker - Pirate Master

And I saw the poll. I've noticed FoRTers sometimes have a different opinion than everyone else does. I know Louie is popular, he's just not popular with me and a few other people.
    Very cool, thank you!

The only thing that bugged me about Pirates Court was that Louie kept bringing up JD's money. If I were in his position, I would have brought up the treatment of the crew as a reason to not like him as captain. I mean, JD and his officers eating like kings and the rest getting gruel.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread