+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 6/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 6/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Pyke;2448337;
    The pardon MUST be sold before theenxt vote.

Now, I have hated Louie since the beginning... and hate him even MORE now! My gosh him and about Joe Don. Sorry buddy, but I may not agree with EVERYTHING Joe Don did, but the majority of it, I did. He ran it just like our government is ran, just like the military. And give it up already about the money, you said it yourself YOU wanted the money. I wish he would have been mutinied upon. I really hate this guy... especially after tonight. I was sad to see that girl go because I thought she was great. Instead, Louie should of gone, or that snob officer lady of his. Or Joy... because she sucks. Yet, I still like Joy.

I hate Louie.

Loved tonights episode though!
    That's the exact way I felt. Except I didn't like Joe Don and the way he ran the ship, I didn't hate Louie until the latest episode, and I don't like Joy. But other than that, I totally agree with what you're saying. Louie just wouldn't shut it.

And I loved tonight's episode, too! I'm liking this show more and more. I wonder... if it's picked for another season, is it going to be called Pirate Master 2? Or is it going to be like Survivor, where the location follows after the name (i.e. Survivor: Cook Islands, Survivor: Fiji)? I was thinking... if they did it Survivor-style, instead of the location following, the treasure would follow. For example, on this season, they're looking for the Treasure of Zanzibar. So it would be Pirate Master: the Treasure of Zanzibar.

SRG_SSI, that would be awesome if Christa was a finalist. I like her.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2448241;
    And one more thing: Joy finally won a challenge! I don't like her, but I'm happy for her. I think everyone won at least one challenge now.
    I'm quoting myself to say I was wrong. Laurel hasn't won a challenge yet. C'mon Laurel!

FORT Regular

Am I the only one who likes Azmyth's accent? I think it's cute. And I think he is probably using it to get into the spirit of the whole pirate "milieu."

I suspect he's taken acting classes because it's the kind of thing that you're encouraged to do to create an impression quickly.

I too like the idea of the pardon and i love that Joe Don wasted all that money on it. I hope he feels the need to waste money on it a lot more--and if he decides he doesn't need to waste money on it--may that be the time he gets voted off.

I just don't see a downside to this.

If they keep throwing in this lovely little twists I might actually start liking the show for what itself--instead of its being just a decent background to do my weight lifting to.

Resurrecting a previous comment - moneywise, the girls apparently don't understand the importance of choosing one of their own to be captain. Now it is clear to me that the captain needs to choose the two STRONGEST competitors to be "his" officers because it loads the deck for the next team challenge. So far, strongest seem to be guys (especially with Cheryl gone now).

Looks like it will be important for the pirates to figure out how much loot someone else has and therefore how much they might have to bid to win the pardon. That may not come into play if the person who wins the bid doesn't need it (and gets to assign it on his own), but if JD had been booted, I'll be the captain would have regained control of the pardon and it would be up for bid again.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I guess it's safe to say CrossingGuard won't be changing avatars to Louie any time soon.

Louie sucks, and this show sucks. I only watch it to see what you all are talking about.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

it seems to me that as the weeks go on the pardon becomes even more valuable...and the pirates have even more gold to barder with...So Joe Don could have bought it for 7K and sold it for 8L ??? might not be such a bad move...

Louis is driving me crazy...I would love to see him thrown overboard soon

LG.

well the next captain pretty much has Louie's "permission" to black-spot him, as he announced a "trend" of nominating past-captians for no other reason that because they'd been captain. Um, ok. I guess if he needed an excuse, it was as good as any.

I like the pardon bargaining -- it's making use of the money they've already "won" but we'll see if the women wise up and finally pick a woman captain so they can start distributing the booty. ha ha ha, I said "booty" and I'm in kindergarten so it amuses me.

I think this is fun summer viewing. Hopefully it's getting enough ratings to keep it on the air for our amusement.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

This show got a whole lot better, IMO. Best ep so far. Way more strategizing, thanx to the pardon element. Seems less scripted, too. Still some bad elements. Foremost in my mind is the challenges. They are all the same! Row ashore. Run uphill. Dig for treasure. What else could they do, though?....I suppose. I mean, treasure is usually buried, right?
    I'm glad I stuck with this show.
    Not a Louie fan. Mainly because of his laugh. Lame excuse, but it bugs me.
    Not a Joe Don fan. Seems slimy, what with they way he squints. And yes....he did say he loved Louie.
    Sorry to see Cheryl go.
    Viewership seems way down. Only 6 pages here, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;2448188;
    .... If the person does not need it, however, the person must sell it before the next black spot nominees (Meaning, it's wasted money if you buy it and don't use it. You can't keep it indefinitely). ....
    If JD sells it for $7,000 he breaks even.

Quote Originally Posted by SRG_SSI;2448336;
    Anyone notice that Christa has been getting a finalist edit. She has hardly been shown and has very few confessionals. MB sometimes has done that on Survivor and the person getting the edit usually ends up in the top 4 or so.
    Yes! Noticed this too. Fine with me.

+ Reply to Thread