+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 6/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 6/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleBug;2448157;
    I think he only gets to sell it because he did not need it since he was not voted off. Now I guess the pardon will become a bargaining tool between the crew members because JD has to sell it before the next Pirate's Court.
    As far as the pardon, from what I understand the captain/head crew keep hold on it and the other crewmembers bid on it in a silent bid. They have to give the bids before the issuance of the black spot. At pirate council, the three elected to be sent adrift make their cases, the captain makes his/her case, and then they vote.

After this, the person who had the highest bid is announced, he/she has to pay the captain. The votes are read, and if the person who owns it is the one to be cut adrift, he or she is saved from that fate and the person who had the second most votes is cut adrift.

If the person does not need it, however, the person must sell it before the next black spot nominees (Meaning, it's wasted money if you buy it and don't use it. You can't keep it indefinitely).

=====================

My thoughts on this episode is that I like the idea of a royal pardon that you cannot keep. It's a gamble: Do I risk bidding and be out X amount of dollars or do I put myself at the risk of being cut adrift? It's not like "Survivor" where you can keep the hidden immunity idol until the final four. This is one idea I'd love to see happen elsewhere. It keeps them guessing, just like drawing lots for teams.

I like the premise of this show, as you do have to work, and it's not set up where one team can outplay another. You have to play based on your skills and wits as well as some strategy. It's nice to see people using their gold to try and buy trust, votes, etc. because it does make you question "Is money more important than your word?" or "Can money truly buy votes (etc)."

The cast for the most part seems likeable as well (in both the good and bad ways). I see Louie's idea about getting rid of Joe Don and why he put Azymuth up to be cut adrift. Joe Don did overstep his boundaries and while I do agree with him the captain should get paid more (he does have a bit more responsibility - assigning duties, people to get the black spot), I agree with Azymuth and Louie that the crew should get more than a tiny amount for what they help search for. It could be more like 15-20/10 (5 each)/rest of crew sted of 50/25 (12.5)/rest. Taking the lion's share as well as eating well in front of your crew who has had gruel or oatmeal is going to cause you problems.

Joe Don probably felt cocky when he sat down, even not needing it. He probably thought Azymuth got the votes. It was 4-3 Cheryl/Joe Don. Hopefully, he finds out and realizes there's a chance that he'll be the next to go.

I like Louie and Azymuth, but Louie did probably hurt himself showing he had a vengeful side. Jupiter is another favorite of mine, and I wish I'd see more of the other cast over this whole Joe Don, Jay, Louie stuff. I'd like to know a little more about Ben, Lauren and a few others in the show. (and, I totally agree with people about Louie... his features are very similar to Rupert. I like Louie a little more though... he does put his words into action without getting overly annoying.)

And, one more thing... I think Louie will keep all of JD's bid money because if he was unsuccessful getting rid of JD, he at least got some of the money that he had.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 06-21-2007 at 11:26 PM.

Okay I think I am confused but I thought that Cameron Daddo - Host rold JD he had to sell the pardon before the next Pirate's Court.

I thought the pardon added some spice to the cheese. I think that the pardon has to exchange hands. Meaning he could give it away or sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleBug;2448202;
    Okay I think I am confused but I thought that Cameron Daddo - Host rold JD he had to sell the pardon before the next Pirate's Court.
    Yes, he has to sell it ... and by next pirate's court I believe (I probably am confusing it with the original sell and am in error there :-[ ). I did hear sell only, not trade (and given he paid $7,000 for a piece of useless paper, I think he'd sell it regardless) though. All I know for sure is that he cannot use it and has to get rid of it.

I like cheese though, as this is more interesting over some reality shows I've seen. Even the pirate's garb (though most of the women pretty much now just wear the swimtops and pants now), is actually fun. The one thing that will confuse me is when there's not enough people to go searching for treasure, unless teams can get down to 2-2, with the losing team going to the final pirate's court before the final three and the other two have to agree on the person to get cut adrift. It'll be neat to see that round.

Just finished airing here, and let me start by saying this:

SHUT UP, LOUIE!

The guy would not stop talking about how they needed to get rid of Joe Don. It got so annoying. It was like, "Okay, we get it. We know that you want to get rid of Joe Don. Give it a rest for once!" I wish I counted how many times Louie said, "We need to get rid of Joe Don." He almost made me want to see Joe Don stay so that Louie wouldn't get his wish.
    Then when Joe Don was finally nominated, Louie wouldn't stop talking about how he doesn't like being captain. Louie, you're captain, and this allows you to nominate anyone you want, including Joe Don. Right now, Louie's #1 on my "I-Don't-Like" list (if that wasn't obvious enough).

Alright, that ends my rant (or the first part of it ). On a sadder note, it was hard to see Cheryl go. I liked her since the beginning. And like she said, she was only nominated because she was good friends with Joe Don. It would have been better if she did something wrong, and then get nominated for that. But she was nominated (and then cut adrift) for being friends with Joe Don? Well it was nice knowing her.

Okay, that's the end of my rant. Onto a lighter note: Laurel is becoming one of my favorite "pirates" ever since she talked about Azymth's accent. "I don't even think it's British." "I don't even look at him as a normal person when he talks in his accent." "Weirdo." I still like Azymth, but I gotta agree with the girl. His accent was really weird and not needed. But it was funny while it lasted. Speaking of Azymth, it was disappointing to see him lead his team to a loss. He really should have focused more and look more cleary at the map.

And one more thing: Joy finally won a challenge! I don't like her, but I'm happy for her. I think everyone won at least one challenge now.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;2448229;
    The one thing that will confuse me is when there's not enough people to go searching for treasure, unless teams can get down to 2-2, with the losing team going to the final pirate's court before the final three and the other two have to agree on the person to get cut adrift. It'll be neat to see that round.
    I do think this is a fun show to watch. I guess I haven't thought that far ahead. At what point in time will they do away with the captain and officers?? How are they going to get us to the end of this show.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;2448188;
    As far as the pardon, from what I understand the captain/head crew keep hold on it and the other crewmembers bid on it in a silent bid. They have to give the bids before the issuance of the black spot. At pirate council, the three elected to be sent adrift make their cases, the captain makes his/her case, and then they vote.

After this, the person who had the highest bid is announced, he/she has to pay the captain. The votes are read, and if the person who owns it is the one to be cut adrift, he or she is saved from that fate and the person who had the second most votes is cut adrift.

If the person does not need it, however, the person must sell it before the next black spot nominees (Meaning, it's wasted money if you buy it and don't use it. You can't keep it indefinitely).

=====================

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleBug;2448202;
    DoodleBug You heard correctly. It must be sold before the next Pirates Court.

jadewarlock
    Thanks for the information, but what I was wondering is:

If Joe Don had received the most votes, and so had used the pardon ... what happens to the pardon then ? Would he get to sell the used pardon ? Or would it no longer be valid ?

It's weird, because Joe Don didn't need the pardon and it cost him $ 7,000, so it should be a permanent loss for him, but it isn't because he gets a chance to get his money back when he sells it. If they are smart, they'll convince him he won't be black-spotted and get him to sell the pardon and then throw him overboard ... I mean cut him adrift.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2448306;
    DoodleBug You heard correctly. It must be sold before the next Pirates Court.

jadewarlock
    Thanks for the information, but what I was wondering is:

If Joe Don had received the most votes, and so had used the pardon ... what happens to the pardon then ? Would he get to sell the used pardon ? Or would it no longer be valid ?

It's weird, because Joe Don didn't need the pardon and it cost him $ 7,000, so it should be a permanent loss for him, but it isn't because he gets a chance to get his money back when he sells it. If they are smart, they'll convince him he won't be black-spotted and get him to sell the pardon and then throw him overboard ... I mean cut him adrift.
    I would like to know the same thing. Is it no good once somebody uses it? Or do they still get to sell it after they need it? I guess we'll find out - once again, something we don't get a full explaination of on this show.

I was surprised JD didn't need the pardon, but I wonder if the others assumed he would be the highest bidder so they didn't want to waste their vote only to have him be pardoned - can't quite figure out the strategy, or lack there-of, in who is voted off. I like the show - its something different and has some interesting twists.

FORT Regular

Anyone notice that Christa has been getting a finalist edit. She has hardly been shown and has very few confessionals. MB sometimes has done that on Survivor and the person getting the edit usually ends up in the top 4 or so.

FORT Fogey

The pardon MUST be sold before theenxt vote.

Now, I have hated Louie since the beginning... and hate him even MORE now! My gosh him and about Joe Don. Sorry buddy, but I may not agree with EVERYTHING Joe Don did, but the majority of it, I did. He ran it just like our government is ran, just like the military. And give it up already about the money, you said it yourself YOU wanted the money. I wish he would have been mutinied upon. I really hate this guy... especially after tonight. I was sad to see that girl go because I thought she was great. Instead, Louie should of gone, or that snob officer lady of his. Or Joy... because she sucks. Yet, I still like Joy.

I hate Louie.

Loved tonights episode though!

+ Reply to Thread