+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Show Cancelled - **Post Spoilers from online episodes here**

Re: Show Cancelled - **Post Spoilers from online episodes here**

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2526166;
    .... It was a nobrainer. Except that Christa kept telling Ben she was afraid what Jay would do if she black-spotted him. .....
    Afraid what Jay would do? He'd be gone and wouldn't be able to do anything! Arrrrgggghhhhh! Come on, Christa! Wise up!
    Oh, and...thanks for the recap.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondo;2525483;
    Laurel can't blame anyone but herself. Jay was as good as gone, and she had to throw Ben in the pot at the same time. Stupidity...
    You are right. She didn't do it out of loyalty to Jay so it can only be stupidity. I can't believe that Laurel lasted this long. Between her rat's nest hair, poor swimming skills and "above it all" manner she should have been gone long ago. I don't believe she would EVER have even spoken to Louie in a real life setting and I was shocked to hear that they are shipboard friends. Now she can go and give birth to that baby she's obviously carrying in a more modern setting.

I don't know what to think of Christa. It seems likely that she was playing both Jay and Ben, but I believe her when she says that she wants to face the strongest rather than the weakest players in the end. That doesn't sound like the best strategy, but we don't know what the End Game will be yet.

Why did Jay vote to keep Ben in the game? He said that neither Laurel or Louie had his back so maybe it was to his advantage to keep Ben. OR did he just want to split the vote so that Christa would be the one to make the final decision? This way she would either cut Laurel and in so doing piss Louie off or cut Ben getting rid of a strong competitor. He probably considered it a win/win for him.

Christa may be the smartest one left, but will it become a numbers game or will the best pirate win?
    Last edited by dberk; 08-15-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2527685;
    Why did Jay vote to keep Ben in the game?
    Jay has tended to go for the person he can't trust or manipulate. He knows Laurel will never swear allegiance to him. He probably doesn't know if he can trust Ben, but Ben did some mighty big grovelling to Jay before the vote, promising Jay if he stays he is Jay's new best friend. Plus I do think he wanted to put the burden on Christa to make the choice.

So, for next week, I think Jay's move has to be trying to get rid of Christa. Ben has sworn allegiance to Jay out of desperation. Louie thinks Jay has his back (of course not, silly Louie). That leaves Christa as the most dangerous to Jay.

At these numbers Christa is in a lose, lose situation. I finally watched my first episode online and I chose this week's entry. I'm glad I skipped the others because now we're getting down to the nitty gritty. It was the right thing to cut Laurel adrift as she could have cared less either going or staying. True passion for winning is rising to the top, and I think Louis will be the next to go. The three who don't really have each other's backs will fight it out to the end. YAY!

I'm just wondering about the production crew who had to carry in all those rocks and set up the solar signs - LOL! All that work and effort for so little screen time and now its on the internet. No appreciation.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

yeah, it's a shame it's still not in a time slot. There are far more worse shows on right now, like that power of 10 crap that will only last 1 more week at best.

So, am I talking to myself? Marooned in cyberspace? LOL

Recap from last week included scenes I don’t think they showed before. Specifically, Laurel warning Captain Christa that she couldn’t trust Ben, as well as Jay getting in his two cents. Makes marginally more sense now that Christa blackspotted Ben instead of Jay.

4 people are left. The teams are Christa and Jay against Ben and Louie. The threesome had already decided that whoever ended up on Louie’s team had to throw it. Ben did exactly that. $40,000 to split up. They felt sorry for what they had done to Louie and gave him a cut.

Then Christa is left with the dilemma. She must blackspot two, and the sole member of the jury would have the ultimate power of mutiny as well. In other words, the only pirate guaranteed not to go home was the jury. So, lots of lobbying to be that jury. Christa gives it to Jay after confessing to us that she and Jay are the only parents on board and that has swayed her actions.

A tense pirates court. Ben admits to Louie that he threw the challenge. Partly to assuade his guilt and also to lay the guilt card on Christa and Jay. Jay mumbles something about chess and how you always take out the queen.

But he votes for Louie. Hugs all around for the Lou Dog.

Preview - sounds like next week is the last episode but I don’t know if it is 1 hour or 2. Christa, Ben and Jay head off on the challenge. There is a scene of a mountainous rope bridge - what a previous spoiler had mentioned I guess. The preview makes it look as though Ben and Jay cross first and then cut the rope bridge, stranding Christa on the other side. The “ghosts” come back to serve as the jury. Someone becomes the pirate master.

Interesting that the "ghosts" appear to be the jury that decides who is the "Pirate Master". I wonder if they knew that during the game like in Survivor? I think it would have changed how some of them played the game and we would have seen more interviews that talked about the final vote like we see in Survivor. Since this seems to be a twist that is sprung on the players, I think we can count out Jay as winning, so it would be between Christa and Ben. There is a natural tendency to blame the person that actually "cut you adrift", so I right now I am leaning toward Ben winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2537495;
    So, am I talking to myself? Marooned in cyberspace? LOL
    I'm still very interested in the show. Normally I only post on the show threads so the canceled status of the show throws me a little.

Since they were sabotaging Louie AGAIN they should have divided the treasure evenly. Especially when they all cried a river about how badly they felt about it and that he would have won without the sabotage. Louie seems to hold Ben solely responsible despite the involvement of the other 2 and will not accept his apology (such as it was).

Christa's poor rowing ability seems to be a result of her position (on her butt with legs out front) more than her upper body strength. She was smart to create that bond with Jay, but next week is the finale and all friendship will be suspended until the parrot finds a shoulder (aka winner crowned). Jay seems to think that Christa is the hands down champ at expeditions.

The show has gotten very interesting. I had no idea what Jay was going to do until it was announced. All choices were equally likely based on what we know about Jay and the situation. I was actually surprised that he stuck with the Christa/Jay/Ben final 3.

Jay should be in the worst position, if his fate is decided by the ghosts, but they may have had time to get over their bitterness and admire him for playing the game hard from day 1. Ben was part of the hated Captaincy in the beginning, the Triad and one of Christa's unofficial officers. The crew has a lot of reasons to resent him especially if Louie reveals the sabotage to all. Christa was good on the expeditions and was smart enough to get Jay to do most of her dirty work. As Captain she was generous with food and treasure, always asked for everyone's opinion about eliminations, didn't make them work hard and suggested fun things to do. It should be a good End Game.

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

I appreciate the recaps ...thanks Brooks! Even though I can't watch it anymore, you always give a clear picture of what happened. I don't think I'd mind any of the 3 remaining players winning. They all seem to have tried hard and played the game.

FORT Fan

I think they are throwing us off in the preview about chopping the bridge, stranding Christa on the other side. They show her face when they are chopping it, and I am betting the look is because she realizes she has to cross the bridge. I think she makes it across first and the guys chop it when they cross.

I am thinking the last placing person in the expedition is out, then the ghost pirates vote a winner. In the end of the preview they say "The Pirate Master will be crowned" showing Jay and then Christa's head pops out next to him. Maybe it's optomisim but I think Christa wins.

+ Reply to Thread