+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Show Cancelled - **Post Spoilers from online episodes here**

Re: Show Cancelled - **Post Spoilers from online episodes here**

Since it is the FINALE, I'll post in spoiler fashion.

Click to see Spoiler:
    This was thrilling. Two hours and a return of the full "ghost" crew. It was poignant to see Cheryl there, and that she was chosen to run with the black crew and that she won a portion of Ben's winnings up until the final 500,000.00. Oh - BEN WON!!! Yay! I've liked him from the beginning and to see him finish it made me smile from ear to ear.

Christa's crew would not have gotten her that close to Ben in the end if Jay hadn't played his usual hard core game and followed Ben's crew into the cannon ball cave without first figuring out the clue; but it all worked out in the end. Actually the ending was tense because either could have figured out the lock puzzle, but Ben was first.

The irony, oh the irony of the Captains treasure being in the chest of Zanzibar the whole time...nicely twisted.

I'm going to miss this show. The swelling music, the gorgeous scenery, the creaking ship, the well crafted clues and runs for treasure. And the people; even Colin. Ahoy Mates! Well Done!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Two hours. Took a while to slog through it! I'll have more comments later.

I am pleased to see that there was a tribute to Cheryl's passing in the final credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2548771;
    I am pleased to see that there was a tribute to Cheryl's passing in the final credits.
    Since she came back as a ghost, I guess it wouldn't have been appropriate for them to mention her death until after the finale.

Why do we need to use Spoiler tags? The ep is available in all time zones.

I guess just in case someone came here before viewing...silly, huh.

I just realized that Ben's crew (including Cheryl) wouldn't know whether Ben or Christa won as they were not allowed on the ship for the final challenge. I wonder if they kept them in the dark until today - in which case, Cheryl would never know if she had extra loot or not. Not that it matters now in any case. Did you notice how angry she was during Pirate's Court?

That little Nessa - HAH! Always scheming and would have come away with a huge amount if Christa had won. There were foretelling personal interviews that Ben would win...Christa saying she had a feeling she would win and would just relax into it...and Ben stating that he was happy for the chance to compete for it.

For me, anyway, it was a satisfying finale and outcome. While it would have been cool for a woman to become the Pirate Master, I rooted for Ben from the beginning and for once a reality contestant I was rooting for, won. YAY!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Given how physical parts of the challenge were, I think it was stacked in Ben's favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2549096;
    Given how physical parts of the challenge were, I think it was stacked in Ben's favor.
    I thought the same thing. The heavy carrying wasn't necessary and just made any male/female contest uneven and unfair. Like Jay said, he should have kept Louie. That was his only bad move of the game.

Ben's team made sense. He was an officer with Cheryl when JD was Captain and part of Azmyth's triad. Nessa was a good choice, but he had to settle for 2nd best. I hated the way Ben offered money as a bribe. He could have given it to them afterward as a gift. As a bribe it showed that he didn't trust them to do their best otherwise.

Other than Nessa, Christa's team made no sense to me. John was only there for the first expedition and came back as a ghost only to single handedly lose the treasure for his team. Jay was worn out and told her so. I expected her to pick Sean and JD.

I initially wanted Christa to win, but by the end of the finale I didn't care about her losing. Kendra had a point about Christa getting a job. She didn't prepare a very good speech. I didn't really want Ben to win and when he said said what he would do with his winnings, I was even more disappointed that he won - SLACKER! Strangely enough I would have preferred Jay as the winner after wanting him gone almost from day 1.

I agree that many of the ghost jury members were jerks to the final 3. Talk about sour grapes! Half of the ghosts just laying around instead of working on the ship was annoying. They will likely never get the chance to do those things again. It's not like he was telling them to clean the toilet with their tooth brushes.

With some adjustments this show has potential, but its dead now and buried at sea.
    Last edited by dberk; 08-29-2007 at 12:15 AM.

I was rooting for Christa, but as long as Jay didn't win, I'm happy. And he didn't!

Congrats Ben! Even though it is kinda embarrassing to win a reality show that was cancelled mid-way through (or at least a little bit longer than mid-way through). But nonetheless, he won, so good for him!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Any interesting details from the pirate blogs? For instance, I'm wondering now about the Chest of Zanzibar. Did it stay on the ship the whole time? Do you think it really had the half mill in it all the time?

Whoever said the ghosts probably didn't know until yesterday who won sounds right, but I assume Cheryl knew that Ben got back to the ship first and probably had a good chance at the last piece.

How many episodes did they have, 13 or 14?

Quote Originally Posted by Spad1918;2550546;
    How many episodes did they have, 13 or 14?
    The two-hour finale was episode #14.

+ Reply to Thread