+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Show Cancelled - **Post Spoilers from online episodes here**

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Show Cancelled - **Post Spoilers from online episodes here**

I just watched this week's episode and I'm still wiping tears from my face. This was the roughest and most emotional episode of reality tv I think I've ever seen. At the beginning of the series, I hated Louie - now I love him..."...my sweat and blood is on this ship...I love her." I've always hated Jay and that hasn't changed. If he had been on the red team, he would have had no remorse. Ben gained stature in my eyes because he confessed to Louie and really does feel horrible about throwing the expedition. He did not fight for his flag, but himself. Christa, Christa...you lead with your heart, which it turns out from previews was all right as there will be no more alliances - it will be every pirate for themselves.

I truly hope the ghost pirates who will comprise the jury next week have been able to view the episodes so they can make a good and true choice. It is going to be a very good show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2539560;
    I truly hope the ghost pirates who will comprise the jury next week have been able to view the episodes so they can make a good and true choice. It is going to be a very good show.
    If they see the episodes, they will get the same edited version we did. I would rather have them all get together to discuss their experiences. It would be better for them to pick and choose who and what to believe based on their own experiences rather than see scenes that are incomplete and possibly misleading.

I would like to see a final 2 of Christa and Jay.

Reality has been around a number of years and contestants like Louie still don't get that it's a game. Playing the sincere fool got him as far as it did, but it was annoying listening to him say he hoped Ben would never get over the guilt of what he did. I despise Jay, but he's about the best player I have seen on these programs. Remind me not to buy a used car from him, LOL.

Frankly, I'm disappointed there hasn't been outright sabotage on this series beyond Ben and Jay's attempts to hold back their teams. It makes no sense to me that the two teams had to travel neck and neck through each challenge. They should have tried to do more to lose or confuse the other team. That would have made the series much more interesting to me.

Of course, the (I assume) strategically placed camera crews may have given much of it away, LOL.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Yes, I know that nice guys finish last - particularly on competition reality shows - but I enjoyed the emotionalism of the last ceremony. The drama of the sword cutting the rope always gets to me. Okay...production values - dramatic music, same rope, same angle of sword, same cut...but the editors were good enough to make me feel it each week. The raft with the lantern floating off to nowhere is another dramatic touch that I enjoyed - even though there was a boat with a camera crew chugging alongside to pluck up the driftee once they had made their statement.

I've enjoyed the musical score and the visuals of the ship plowing through the waves. I've enjoyed the scenes from the mast and this last episode, the arcing rainbow. I'm a romantic who wouldn't have lasted through the first swim, so I'm glad I was able to enjoy the scenery from the comfort of my chair.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

This was a great episode. I couldn't help but cry at seeing Louie's face when Ben confessed his betrayal. It was so awful. However, it does seem that Ben is truly remorseful. I don't think he would do it again, given the chance.

I'm hoping Christa wins, although I agree with the poster who said that Jay may be one of the best reality players ever. If he wins it, he definitely earned it.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

So Louie was set adrift? Who is left now? Just Ben Christa and Jay??

I really hate that CBS did this, they could have shown several episodes at a "down" time, like the weekends and they could have re-edited some eps to save time.

I really appreciate those of you who are still reporting what's going on to us. THANK YOU!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;2540784;
    I agree with the poster who said that Jay may be one of the best reality players ever. If he wins it, he definitely earned it.
    I don't think the casting gave him much competition. Most of crew just sat back and let the game play them. The hardest part was that they had no established format to plan around, but the parallels to Survivor probably was Jay's guide.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just read that Cheryl Kosewicz, the woman who was the deputy district attorney, who was voted off a while ago, committed suicide in Reno. Apparently, her boyfriend had suicided several weeks before she did. They do not connect the death to the show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Yeah that's old news.

FORT Fan

Here's what happened:

Click to see Spoiler:

Ben won the first expedition, and recieved immunity to the final 2. Jay & Christa faced the 13 ghosts and they eliminated 1 person. It was a 12-1 vote for Christa to stay.

They both got to pick 3 people to help them (Christa & Ben) at the final. Christa had John, Jay, and Nessa. Ben had Azmyth, Jupiter, and Cheryl. In the final expedition, It was a back and forth thing. Either time one crew got the lead, the other one took it back. It came down to a puzzle and it was pretty neck and neck. Ben ended up winning.

I don't think Ben was a legit winner. Very much a coattail rider who never did any of the heavy lifting. I can't believe he won.

+ Reply to Thread