+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 6/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 6/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by waitforbigbro;2441404;
    I can't believe they didn't black-spot Joe Don. A guy that kept half the treasure, twice, and you let him stay? Why?

My take on this is that they figure what's done is done, they can't change what he's done in the past. There's pretty much no way (I'd think) that he can ever be Captain again. Depending on how the winner is chosen, at the end, he might be the ideal candidate to take into the finals with you - since everyone hates him (I'm assuming some Survivor like final decision).
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

A had to pick 3 people. He is so obsessed with making everyone happy, that picking JD would have been a safe pick for him because everyone would have understood and accepted that pick. So, apparently he was even more concerned with achieving consensus with his officers.

Jay is the evil side of Lex reincarnated, LOL.

I really like Cheryl. I would like to see what she has to bring to the game take her much farther.

I also like Sean for going against Jay, although I think his days are numbered as a result. If the black team wins next week, I predict Jay will try to nominate Sean if Sean is red team.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2441370;
    Missed the show ... forgot to record .. got the drift from the posts here ... but did the preview indicate someeone would be brought back -- pardoned -- next week ?
    It was really quick in the preview section. Whether it means a previously cast off pirate returns or is a new element brought into the voting process, they didn't say. I thought it might mean someone comes back, and I don't want it to be evil John.

Quote Originally Posted by waitforbigbro;2441404;
    From the sounds of the posts here, I seem to be the only one actually enjoying this show. Hell, I even taped it to watch again! But only because it's so cheesy. On Survivor, I always sense the serious tone of Tribal Council, at least it seems serious o me, but this "Pirates Court" is so ridiculous I just can't take it seriously. Then throw in the costumes and the lame "cut adrift" thing at the end, I find it all highly entertaining. I do like that they have a chance to win some money along the way. I always feel bad for some players, ones I like anyway, on Survivor, that play 30 days or so and don't win anything. I know they get a weekly amount, but I mean in prize money.

I also like Louie. I think he is hoot, though I can see how you might think he is annoying.

I can't believe they didn't black-spot Joe Don. A guy that kept half the treasure, twice, and you let him stay? Why?

I think Louie is a Hoot too...lol...he is getting a lot of PI time which makes me think he is gonna stay for a while....who Is Rupert????
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I like Captain Rat's Nest, Sean the cook and Cheryl the DA.

As a gesture of goodwill and thanks for making him Captain, I understand Asmyth doing the "equal share of the booty" thing, but he needs to set himself up as the Captain next time by taking a significantly larger share for himself and his officers. Improving the food situation is also key.

Sean did the right thing by making his own decision instead of following Jay's dictate. It will be interesting to see whether he keeps the $1,000. I think he should keep it and tell Jay that they are pirates afterall and that should be a lesson learned. Sean also needs to talk to the Captain about Jay's behind the scenes campaigning.

It was funny to watch JD push that useless woman through the treasure hunt. I was glad to see her go.

JD and by association his officers are not popular with the crew. They are unlikely to return to power and it makes more sense to have them suffer as members of the crew rather than kick them off right away. I don't see any of them as a threat for a while.

Cheryl is one of the few strong women. Asmyth didn't want her to go and I'm glad he was able to make the right choice even under pressure from Jay the Weasel.

I would like to see Jay be replaced as an officer at the first opportunity. I thought it was smart to make him an officer - Keep your friends close and your enemies closer - and to take his voting power away. Since Jay had trouble getting 5 votes to go his way, there must be crew members that don't like or trust him.

ButterflyFaery, Rupert was an inexplicably beloved contestant on Survivor that also made it to All Stars. Even though he never came close to winning on the show, he was "gifted" $1 million by viewers in a special contest for deserving NON winners.
    Last edited by dberk; 06-15-2007 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks...I don't watch survivor
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Since the teams are mixed up every week, I don't understand the point of holding onto the stronger players. They could just as easily end up on the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2441802;
    Since the teams are mixed up every week, I don't understand the point of holding onto the stronger players. They could just as easily end up on the other team.
    Great point. They were idiots. If anything, Chery should be seen as loyal to Joe Dumb, a reason to boot her off. That Azymuth (sp?) let the weasel influence his decision shows he is not quite as strong of a leader as they think he is, albeit he is a million times better than Joe Dumb. Why did he pick the weasel as an officer????

Louis was the MVP of this week's challenge. He has so much heart.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

I'm coming late to this party and haven't read all the posts. Sorry if I cover something already addressed...

This show still sucks. Wish there was something else to watch.

Loved Azmyth until he became Captain.

What is up with that fake accent? Seriously? And this guy thinks the crew likes it? Totally delusional.

I was not impressed with the division of wealth. In this game you need to either grab as much money as you can, and hang on to it. Or, find a way to remain captain for an extended period of time and gain your wealth over time. I don't see Azymuth's strategy doing either. Were it me I would have kept the larger amount. However, I would have kicked down a significant amount to the Red Crew. This way everyone comes out a winner. Regardless of which team you're on you are making headway each challenge. Since all but the captain and officers are shuffled each week this might give a winning Red Crew a good reason to re-elect Azymuth as Captain. (assuming he gets rid of that ridiculous accent)

Black dotting JD would have been a bad precedent to establish. You're now the Captain. What happens when they throw you out of office? Yup, you're automatically on the chopping block.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Ugh, this bit of trite tripe has just lost me. I hope they all go into the drinlk, together. I liked it, at first, but now it's boring me with sameness and formual with so much pap, it could be baby rice cereal.

I love reality TV. I love bad reality TV, but this, this is just icky. Which is a shame, cause I really wanted to like it.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

+ Reply to Thread