+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 6/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 6/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

If one or two can go ahead to ferret out the treasure, then the rest of the crew could be broken up for any number of purposes. Like leaving the non-swimmers totally behind. Or leaving a few to more thoroughly sabotage the other crew.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2434253;
    Does anybody still have the first show recorded?
    It's online at CBS.com. Click on the 'Watch Now' link under 'Full Episodes'. The mutiny/officer caveat is at the beginning of part 4.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2434257;
    I stand corrected on the Mutiny thing. I couldn't be paid enough to watch this thing twice, , so I'll take everyone's word on it that I totally misunderstood about the Officers needing to agree on overthrowing the Captain.

However, the rules do seem to be being made up as they go along, and I can't believe Mark Burnett would let one guy dominate the show in this way. So, I do have a suspicion that something about the way the ship is 'governed' will change.

It was said that the red and black teams would differ fomr week to week.. and when the Black Team (Captin's team) doesn't win.. the Winning [Red] Team will pick a new Captian from their team. That being stated, the rest of the crew is pretty even as far as everyone minus the Captian and his 2 Officers. They sleep the same, eat the same, work the same, and have the same lack of 'extra' rewards. In a game where all the events are physical, it really does even them out a great deal.

Also, in giving the Captian extra rewards, better food, Nicer room, etc it really does get the crew in the mind set to over throw him.. and frankly i'd LOVE to see that happen, at least once
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I like the idea of blackmailing the Captain in exchange for working to help the black team win.

Other possibilities are to:
    1. Week after week unanimously vote for mutiny. The officer can veto, but the crew is sending a clear message.
    2. Refuse to follow orders.
    3. Bump into him and knock him overboard.
    4. Steal food intended for him.

I think he is a jerk too and a deluded jerk at that after saying that he thinks the crew is happy. Maybe this is a good wakeup call for him.

At this point I only like the guy with the rat's nest on his head (The one that found the treasure.) and the first mate (Cheryl?).

Eh, if I have the hear that first mate saying one more time that as an Assistant DA this gives her some sort of mystical insight where she can read people, I'm going to push her overboard.

Please please let me see somebody pushing JD overboard! Please!

I hated that smirk on his face when somebody mentioned how much money he had and the others had none.

Azmuth? Azymth? Something like that is rat's nest head with the sculpted beard. I like him.

Love your ideas, the refusing to follow orders is great. What's he going to do to them? Nothing. Tell him to swab his own decks.

yah I guess that I don't see why they follow his orders? What do they have to loose if they simply say "no"

Heck when I was in the Navy I sometimes didn't follow orders that I thought were ridiculous and told them so. There is also the thing where you do not have to follow an unlawful order.

What JD is doing is ridiculous but what is even more so is that these moronic idiots are allowing him to do this.

I would just say no and push him overboard. Can't do that? Then they can all pretend to sprain their ankles (nasty treacherous paths and all ... you know.) and see just how well he does with just him and his officers on the challenge.

I'm sure tossing the Captain overboard could be made to look accidental for the first 4-5 times.

The DA was right that the man Cap picked as his spy couldn't be trusted. He is not a guarantee to avoid the unanimous vote for mutiny.

The added beauty of the blackmail would be that not only wouldn't they help win, but they would sabotage him along the way as well.

See they should have asked for our input while creating the show! We are always full of it, ah... err... I mean full of good ideas, ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;2434505;
    yah I guess that I don't see why they follow his orders? What do they have to loose if they simply say "no"
    That's a great idea, mutiny without voting but is this crew smart enough to think of doing this. They just want to keep filling JD's pocket I missed the part about he now had enough money to do "what with? ".

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2434253;
    Does anybody still have the first show recorded? My DVR is set to only save 1 episode at a time. Anyways, when the officers come out and they are explaining to the crew about the black marks (spots?) and the various rules, they mention the mutiny one and I believe they also say that it will only go thru if the officers also vote for it.
    No. At that point, they don't mention to the crew that they have to agree to the mutiny. I don't think the crew knows that, or if they do....they were told behind the scenes and we don't know they know.

+ Reply to Thread