+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 6/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Ahhhhhhhh, I missed the veto rule. I will watch that episode again. I am slightly vexed that the CBS site does not tell us the rules.
    Last edited by shoepie; 06-08-2007 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2433429;
    These people are all morons.
    Cool, I was watching the show, thinking what a pile of rubbish it is and also wondering why the contestants are so moronic.
    Glad to know I'm not alone in that assessment.

I don't really rate this show.
    It's basically 'take Survivor, add a few extras and bung 'em on a boat'.

Even if they do mutiny, what's the chance of the officers agreeing to overthrow Joe Don?
    They'd surely know they'd be replaced as officers by the new Captain and be next on the chopping block.
    I have to believe there's going to be some kind of twist that allows the crew to get the upper hand at some point, otherwise Joe Don is juist literally sailing to half the treasure.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-08-2007 at 01:30 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

If there is no mutiny during the vote the only chance at a new captain is if the Red Crew wins the next challenge.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2433958;
    You're right!. The officers have to agree in order for there to be a mutiny.
    Uncle David's right, (contrary to what I stated earlier). The officers have to agree. This is mentioned by the host approx. 41 minutes into the first episode, while in the Captain's quarters explaining Pirate's Court to him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2434173;
    Cool, I was watching the show, thinking what a pile of rubbish it is and also wondering why the contestants are so moronic.
    Glad to know I'm not alone in that assessment.

I don't really rate this show.
    It's basically 'take Survivor, add a few extras and bung 'em on a boat'.

Even if they do mutiny, what's the chance of the officers agreeing to overthrow Joe Don?
    They'd surely know they'd be replaced as officers by the new Captain and be next on the chopping block.
    I have to believe there's going to be some kind of twist that allows the crew to get the upper hand at some point, otherwise Joe Don is juist literally sailing to half the treasure.
    I am going to give you a pep talk here. Survivor is getting a little tired, Flavor Flave does not even register with me, Next Best Thing is about as bad as it gets for a network show unless you just LOVE impressions. So that leaves us with Pirate Master. Not oh so bad when you dont think about it too much. The boat is cool. You gotta give it that, right? Well, unless you hate boats. Do you hate boats? I do, they go too slowly.

Moving on to more important things like the girls corner of the eye make-up. I like hoop earrings too, I have many pairs.

Okay, so we got the make up and jewelry down as good. Come on, climb onboard. There is gold, you know.

The mutiny threshold STILL hasn’t been clarified. So far as is shown, the crew is still unaware that the host told the Captain and his two enforcers that BOTH of them had to vote for a mutiny as well for it to take effect.

I don’t see that ever happening. They’ll stick with their man until it isn’t in their interests, and it IS in their interest financially to stick with him unless they imagine one of them can take his place.

One of the arguments given for the choices tonight is ‘You’re only as fast as you’re slowest member’. Someone clue me in whether it has ever been stated that you must move only as a group. I couldn’t for the life of me understand why they weren't all racing as fast as they could get to where they were going individually. The only thing I recall hearing is that either red or black would win, whoever attained the treasure first. No dictate to wait for the sick, lame or lazy that I heard.

Having heard that the Captaincy changes if the Captain’s team doesn’t get the treasure, I immediately thought of the rest of the crew asking him what it was worth to him to lift a finger aiding his cause. If he doesn’t dole out some serious cash for some serious effort in the next quest, I’d sit on my hands and let the other team win, guaranteeing that Joe Don’s days as master were finished. It is good there is more than one way to oust him.

I’m liking Kendra most so far, for her looks, at least. But she sure didn’t aid herself with her backstroke nor her lame defense.

After Rupert {whoever} mouthed off prior to the vote, it was especially surprising to see not one vote for mutiny. If you’re going to mouth off, how about seeing it through next time and putting your vote where your mouth was and give the Captain a wakeup call?

I don’t recall the Captain’s mates being depicted as having veto power when it comes to a potential mutiny, just that they both have to agreedly concur for a mutiny to take place. It may amount to the same thing in effect, but it doesn’t appear that way to me structurally. Was “veto” ever used as a description by the host?

I agree that it was rather boneheaded for the Captain to so freely share that he’d paid the bosun for his services, thereby nicely backstabbing one of his supposed aides for no particular reason. Way to go, Cap’n Nimrod!

Editing in:

I couldn't understand the hesitency of the black team when it came to getting into the sump that had the snakes. Did they really for a moment truly imagine the show would put snakes in there posing anything more than a visual threat?
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 06-08-2007 at 02:47 PM.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2434240;
    I couldnít for the life of me understand why they weren't all racing as fast as they could get to where they were going individually. The only thing I recall hearing is that either red or black would win, whoever attained the treasure first. No dictate to wait for the sick, lame or lazy that I heard.
    I didn't think about the fact that, as far as I can recall, it was never mentioned that they had to copmlete the task as a group. I love the idea that one or two could run ahead and take care of the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2434240;
    Having heard that the Captaincy changes if the Captainís team doesnít get the treasure, I immediately thought of the rest of the crew asking him what it was worth to him to lift a finger aiding his cause. If he doesnít dole out some serious cash for some serious effort in the next quest, Iíd sit on my hands and let the other team win, guaranteeing that Joe Donís days as master were finished. It is good there is more than one way to oust him.
    I would pay a pirate's ransom to see this happen! This is a brilliant idea, and therefore, we can rule out the chance of anything like it occuring on this show. Too bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2433681;
    I wonder if any of the future Black Crew will possibly try to throw the challenge just to see Jon Don go.
    It would be a smarter move than mutiny.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Does anybody still have the first show recorded? My DVR is set to only save 1 episode at a time. Anyways, when the officers come out and they are explaining to the crew about the black marks (spots?) and the various rules, they mention the mutiny one and I believe they also say that it will only go thru if the officers also vote for it.

I am not 100% sure if that last bit about the officers was included or not. If somebody has it saved? Can settled this once and for all.

LOL or maybe not! Because of the wonderful (sarcasm) editing done on this show they probably did tell them at this point and its been edited out.

I stand corrected on the Mutiny thing. I couldn't be paid enough to watch this thing twice, , so I'll take everyone's word on it that I totally misunderstood about the Officers needing to agree on overthrowing the Captain.

However, the rules do seem to be being made up as they go along, and I can't believe Mark Burnett would let one guy dominate the show in this way. So, I do have a suspicion that something about the way the ship is 'governed' will change.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread