+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 6/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 6/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2433865;
    Beg to differ, check out this article about problems strikes and sabotage aboard US ships. Mutiny, Fragging and Desertions in U.S. Military « Sovereignty Rules !
    Whoa and I beg to differ with you. Strikes? On a Navy ship? Not hardly. Granted therer are problems as is the case with any business organization that has 5,000 people in it (the crew size of your average carrier). Take that blog entry with a grain of salt, the man is clearly anti-military and doesn't know what he is talking about.

Anyways...back on topic ya'll!

I didn't notice that they showed the cast credits this week vice last week. But reading you all's responses, I have to agree that perhaps the illogical strategy is to get rid of the strongest to make it easier for those in the end?

Also, thinking about JD and why he would serve gruel and do what he does? You think he might be trying to demoralize them because he is thinking that they will keep doing what he wants if he has them cowered? By hard labor, no food, etc.

Or am I giving him too much credit?

((How the heck did my reply here end up being reposted on that site? What's up with that? The blog linked....strange.. very strange.. since I didn't post it there!))

MRD

I seem to remember from week one, that Joe Don said he had served 2 years in the Navy.

That's hardly enough time to become an "expert" on all things ship related as he is now boasting so much of.

I spent 2 years at the University of Florida. That hardly qualifies me today to coach the football team there. Same thing with the captain and his Navy experience.

And he's obviously not real smart to "hire" a spy and then tell everyone that's what he did. What a moron! Think anyone's going to tell Jay anything now? Stupid!

I honestly think these are the most coached contestants of any reality show series I've seen.

I honestly now do not think that the stripper last week was smart enough to steal the compasses without help from the production staff for suggesting it.

I want to like this show. I really do. I'm tired of Survivor and I would like something new and fun. But it's just not quite what it could be. Maybe it will pick up in the weeks to come. I hope anyway.

Oh and I'm sick and tired of them showing that one girl contestant with her mouth constantly open in surprise when anything happens. Last night, every reaction to ANYTHING, showed her with her mouth hanging open. I can't even remember her name, but she had on a orange-y colored scarf on her head.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Regular

The snakes were very beautiful.

Does anyone know what kind they were?

At least they were unrehearsed and unscripted--well most of the time--when they weren't being "teased" to open their mouths or to swim around.

Interesting how they were barely visible in the pool when the contestants were in it--at least on my tv--but they all got their own headshots.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlingal;2433944;
    The snakes were very beautiful.

Does anyone know what kind they were?

At least they were unrehearsed and unscripted--well most of the time--when they weren't being "teased" to open their mouths or to swim around.

Interesting how they were barely visible in the pool when the contestants were in it--at least on my tv--but they all got their own headshots.
    My husband said boas and pythons??? But I don't know.

They wouldn't have put any posionous snakes in the pit, but even non-poisionous snakes bite. My friends son was biten by a pet snake last week. It didn't hurt him, drew a bit of blood, but that's it.

Snakes typically don't bother me, but I wouldn't have gotten in that pit!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2433547;
    I could have sworn that in order for the mutiny to go through it had to be all the voting pirates PLUS the officers. I am pretty sure I heard that explained on the show more than once. Maybe thats why nobody is doing it because they know the officers won't go for it?
    You're right!. The officers have to agree in order for there to be a mutiny. I don't think that's likely to happen. Particularly since we've never seen the crew have enough opportunity to sequester themselves with the officers.

If JD is removed by mutiny it will be indirectly. Frankly, I was surprised Louie didn't attempt it last night. If a member of the black team sabotages the team allowing the red team to win, they have effectively forced a situation where a small band of crew members can remove Joe Don from his post without having to gain the support of the entire crew and the officers.

The moment I heard that rule I knew I would have taken that course of action. Arrrrrg!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Me too! The second I heard that I was like "YES! Sabotage! Fake an injury, do something!" and then they did nothing and I just wanted to bang my head on the nearest hardest surface.

I just don't get these contestants at all. I really want to like the show *sighs* but they are making it so hard to do so. At least the scenery is somewhat pretty and I really enjoy looking at that ship.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2433953;
    My husband said boas and pythons??? But I don't know.

They wouldn't have put any posionous snakes in the pit, but even non-poisionous snakes bite. My friends son was biten by a pet snake last week. It didn't hurt him, drew a bit of blood, but that's it.

Snakes typically don't bother me, but I wouldn't have gotten in that pit!
    Actually, boas will not bite, unless they are severely provoked. They know it's not a food source (snakes that size cannot kill a person, as the constriction occurs around the rib cage, not the neck, as is typically thought). If they are being agitated by an external source, and cannot get away from that source, like any animal, they will strike out.

<--- zookeeper for 4 years while in college
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fogey

Okay, this is why I think it is a huge mistake not to mutiny while the crew numbers are still strong. The captain already has his assistants, Bosun, and cook in his pocket, partially anyway. They are all getting money so mutiny is not in their best interest.

As the crew dwindles they will lose the majority vote if they are not careful. They also run the risk of having their best and strongest get the black spot. The captain will also gather more into his fold with money, I assume.

The crew is not solid as evidenced by the vote so it would behoove them to unite and figure out a plan.

I am not sure if everyone other than the captain has to join the mutiny. His assistants do not vote so how could they voice that?

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2433958;
    If JD is removed by mutiny it will be indirectly. Frankly, I was surprised Louie didn't attempt it last night. If a member of the black team sabotages the team allowing the red team to win, they have effectively forced a situation where a small band of crew members can remove Joe Don from his post without having to gain the support of the entire crew and the officers.

The moment I heard that rule I knew I would have taken that course of action. Arrrrrg!
    I was torn between wanting this to happen and rooting like mad for my new TV crush, Azmyth. He really impressed, but I wish he'd been on the other team... JD is a pompous ass who needs to be put in his place. The sooner that happens, the better.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2433984;
    I am not sure if everyone other than the captain has to join the mutiny. His assistants do not vote so how could they voice that?
    We've never been told when the officers can exercise their power of veto, nor if the crew is aware they have the power. The captain and the officers were notified of this caveat to mutiny in the first episode, but we didn't see it mentioned at the castoff council.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2433984;
    Okay, this is why I think it is a huge mistake not to mutiny while the crew numbers are still strong.
    With the officers having the power of veto over mutiny it's extremely unlikely an attempt at a direct mutiny would be successful. A vote for mutiny during the castoff council would, at best, act as a protest vote.

If at sometime in the future Joe Don completely bungles it and alienates his officers then a direct mutiny might be successful, but nothing we've seen so far leads us to believe the officers are not loyal to the captain.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 06-08-2007 at 10:53 AM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread