+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 6/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 6/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt;2433419;
    I don't understand why these three were chosen . . .
    The captain and his officers said that they were basing their 3 picks on who were the most responsible for losing the treasure hunt on the red team. Based on that these were the correct choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2433445;
    Has to be a unanimous vote for a mutiny. I don't see how it could ever be unanimous. A shame.
    I realize that with his officers there is not way a mutiny could succeed. But if there had been a few votes for mutiny…maybe the idiot would have realized that he really isn’t in command.

Quote Originally Posted by IronDragon;2433516;
    I realize that with his officers there is not way a mutiny could succeed. But if there had been a few votes for mutiny…maybe the idiot would have realized that he really isn’t in command.
    I think that's not correct. They needed nine mutiny votes tonight. So that nine excludes the officers, and the three 'nominees'.

He's really only bought off one person so far (the first mate guy). That's smart, as it only takes one to ensure no mutiny. It may not be smart over the long run, because I'm not sure he bought off the best person (who won't be tempted to turn on him at some point).

And, I'm sure he'll be a crispy critter the minute he's on the losing side.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I could have sworn that in order for the mutiny to go through it had to be all the voting pirates PLUS the officers. I am pretty sure I heard that explained on the show more than once. Maybe thats why nobody is doing it because they know the officers won't go for it?

FORT Fogey

Stupid show. not going to watch anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2433547;
    I could have sworn that in order for the mutiny to go through it had to be all the voting pirates PLUS the officers. I am pretty sure I heard that explained on the show more than once. Maybe thats why nobody is doing it because they know the officers won't go for it?
    Tonight only the 9 crew members voted but if I had been the crew I would have voted for a mutiny.

Color me royally confused because I thought he said last week that if the crew voted for mutiny then the officers would be allowed to vote as well and if they also voted for mutiny then it would go through.

But this week it wasn't mentioned.

This is one poorly designed show. Absolutely no consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2433563;
    Color me royally confused because I thought he said last week that if the crew voted for mutiny then the officers would be allowed to vote as well and if they also voted for mutiny then it would go through.

But this week it wasn't mentioned.

This is one poorly designed show. Absolutely no consistency.
    It does look like it changed this week which is fine if they would provide some explanation. Perhaps because the black spots were a joint decison ?

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleBug;2433558;
    Tonight only the 9 crew members voted but if I had been the crew I would have voted for a mutiny.
    Right ! It seems as if the rules changed for this vote because last week the officers were definitely included. Who knows, maybe next week the officers' vote will again be required for mutiny, and if so, they blew their chance.

I think the show could be interesting, but it gets borderline boring because we're not shown much of the interactions or much to carry the story forward .... poor editing ?
    Last edited by echo226; 06-07-2007 at 10:53 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2433607;
    I think the show could be interesting, but it gets borderline boring because we're not shown much of the interactions or much to carry the story forward .... poor editing ?
    To me, the adventure itself is taking too much time. It's not like Survivor, where there are at least two 'contest events' each episode, and a lot of strategy discussion going on in between. This is just watching some folks do some dumb task, not much on the insight into what people are really thinking.

The story line per episode needs to be beefed up, with more concentration on something other than them running through mud.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I was pissed at the one female who helped Kendra swim. God forbid this women was not good at anything. What a heartless shark.

Poor Joy, being thrown to the wolves, but really was there ever any doubt as to who would go, the strong ex professional football player or a poor woman who can't swim and another who injured her knee. Of course the stronger guys in the crew voted off their competition.

While I would like to see a mutiny it may be too soon into the game. Being captain makes you a big target. Its more likely to happen later in the game, unless Jon Don really screws up big or by the luck of the draw he gets all the weaker players on the black team and he will automatically be demoted. I wonder if any of the future Black Crew will possibly try to throw the challenge just to see Jon Don go. Jay would not be any better. He is definitely a big rat.

The show was OK until the very end during the vote, the looks to Football guy and then to the Captain were so scripted and fake it was hard to take.

Oh, I do wish the directions to find the clues needed some real navigation and were much harder then they were.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread