+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 6/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 6/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

LOL I wouldn't have gotten into that pit! Even knowing that the producers would not put a poisonous snake in there, still wouldn't have gotten in. Especially for a pittance (2,000) nope.. wouldn't happen! Then again there are those irrational fears that come into play like me with spiders. They are all bad and must all die! LOL

The man needs $40K to pay off his credit cards? He thinks he now has enough? WOW and yikes! Oh my.. he is just as dumb dumb dumb in real life if he is carrying around that sort of debt. Yikes again.

Why would the officers push for him to treat the crew better? They are making how much every time he does and they don't have to do anything but eat the food he eats and lounge around with him. They have it just as sweet and only on a slightly lesser level.

Push all three over the side but the send the male mate my way! He's kinda cute in a toolish sort of way. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2435249;
    I know that some non-poisonous snakes are very aggressive. Just because they can't kills you outright doesn't mean that their bite isn't painful and then there is the good possibility that they could scare you to death.
    That's true. I know mainly about boas, because we not only had them at my zoo, but I was their human slave . They truly will not even try, unless they are really made angry, and even then, they only bite if at the literal end of their rope. It just isn't their natural way to either gather food, or to attack. They really do have to think, in their little snaky way, that they are at the very last iota of patience.

Just as a matter of education, when boas kill, it is by constriction. But the way it works is that when the victim exhales, the snake constricts. Then, the victim (which is almost always, and I do mean almost always, for food) cannot inhale. In order for this to whole thing to work, in the most efficient way possible (as nature most often functions), the boa litterally 'knows' from its sensory glands (in the tongue/roof knowledge base) what it can and cannot use as a source of food. And if it cannot eat you, as far as the boa is concerned, you are either just part of the scenery, or an annoyance.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Okay, I admit I've only half-watched both episodes but I have a question. Is Joe Don guaranteed of keeping the money he has so far? If so, I'm wondering if the crew is keeping him in hopes of somehow getting another shot at that money. Otherwise, I don't know why there hasn't been a mutiny. I'm confident there will be one at some point during the show. I still say they are also trying to be strategic in who becomes the next captain, or perhaps I'm giving them way too much credit for strategizing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2435704;
    Okay, I admit I've only half-watched both episodes but I have a question. Is Joe Don guaranteed of keeping the money he has so far? If so, I'm wondering if the crew is keeping him in hopes of somehow getting another shot at that money. Otherwise, I don't know why there hasn't been a mutiny. I'm confident there will be one at some point during the show. I still say they are also trying to be strategic in who becomes the next captain, or perhaps I'm giving them way too much credit for strategizing.
    Unfortunately the viewers are in the dark. CBS does not state the rules on the offical site. Maybe they think this will make for a more exciting show. It doesn't for me. I would love to know if the captain gets to keep the money or has to relinquish it to his successor or can the crew mutiny without the vote of the captains assistants. There is much to know.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned at least once that all crew members get to keep the money they have earned. However, since this is a pirate show, I wonder if it is permissible to steal someone's money.After all, they didn't make stripper boy return the compasses.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2435253;
    The man needs $40K to pay off his credit cards? He thinks he now has enough? WOW and yikes! Oh my.. he is just as dumb dumb dumb in real life if he is carrying around that sort of debt. Yikes again.
    This is why I despise those sheeple. If they are willing to follow some irresponsible financial deadbeat who has racked up over $40K in credit card debt, that gives me nobody to root for. What a bunch of losers. If they honestly think that is a legitimate reason for Joe Dumb not to share the booty...
    Last edited by Harvest; 06-10-2007 at 12:19 PM.

FORT Regular

OK, I really, really wanted to like this show because I'm in Survivor withdrawal and it looked like a good substitute until Big Brother begins . . . . But wow, it's hard to like something so disjointed and uninteresting.

On Survivor, we recognize that the participants are a bunch of "normal" people stranded on an island (or wherever) and we expect Jeff Probst to show up now and then to emcee things. But they put this group on a pirate ship and dress them in pirate costumes for God's sake and make them play out the eating-gruel-unfurl-the-sails-avast-ye-mateys thing, and just when they have us almost buying the whole pirate story, Cameron appears on deck in his street clothes saying "Let's see if this key unlocks the chest." Where the heck does he come from? Is he hiding below decks the whole time? Brought in on a speedboat? Lowered from a helicopter? It's just jarring.

A few other thoughts:

1. Is it just me or does Ben look like the little boy on The Nanny, all grown up?

2. Since they seem to be making up the rules as they go along, I wonder if anyone who is "cast adrift" might have to give up their money? What was that show . . . Forever Eden? . . . where the one voted out had to give their gold coins to someone still in the game. I would love to see JD have to give all his gold to someone!

3. Where do you suppose JD has all his coins stashed? It's too much to lug around with him. I hope they're allowed to steal. That would make things interesting.

With Pirates of the Caribbean pulling in millions and millions on their first three movies and talking about making a fourth, it's obvious there's an audience for a show about pirates. So you have a ready and willing audience, a country obsessed with reality TV, and the genius of Mark Burnett . . . That should add up to a killer show. What happened?

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2435744;
    I'm pretty sure it was mentioned at least once that all crew members get to keep the money they have earned. However, since this is a pirate show, I wonder if it is permissible to steal someone's money.After all, they didn't make stripper boy return the compasses.
    From the TVGuide.com interview with the host:
    TVGuide.com: Do they get to keep the money for good after each expedition, or can it be stolen?
    Daddo: Good question. It is yours and it can't be stolen. It can be bartered and traded. It is used as currency to [build loyalty]. The money is real off the show. When you come to Pirates Court, you bring your money with you, because you might be leaving with it.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

It is yours and it can't be stolen.
    Damn! I was really hoping there would be some shenanigans centered around the private stashes.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2435869;
    Damn! I was really hoping there would be some shenanigans centered around the private stashes.
    I was hoping the same thing. This crew better wake up and start doing some thinking or JD is going to waltz away with a lot of money. Wonder if stripper boy would have played by the rules since he wasn't above stealing the compasses

+ Reply to Thread