+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 5/31 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/31 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;2430072;
    Sheeple: (according to the Urban Dictionary...)
    People unable to think for themselves. Followers. Lemmings. Those with no cognitive ablilities of their own.
    That about describes this crew.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

total cheesefest. I'm in

I did feel like it was filmed in a back lot somewhere and not in a real ocean/sea. I swear when they cut stripperboy adrift, I felt like he was floating to the other side of the soundstage.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2430367;
    total cheesefest. I'm in

I did feel like it was filmed in a back lot somewhere and not in a real ocean/sea. I swear when they cut stripperboy adrift, I felt like he was floating to the other side of the soundstage.
    Yeah, I guess I'm trying to buy that they are really going to navigate ANYWHERE. While I was watching I had the feeling all of that was for show. I agree, even having a compass is a tool that's only helpful if you really know how to use it, and there are ways to compensate if you do know what you're doing. I mean, this is a TV show with cameras and production staff after all, so how far afield are they going to let them get? They have a production schedule after all!

I thought the captain may have been waiting to see what else was coming before deciding to split the money in case he needed it for something else. There may very well have been other deals over the money that weren't shown. Still, it did seem the power went to his head pretty quickly but I also got the feeling that he was being 'coached' in taking on a pirate-y leadership approach.

John had some skills but the attitude would've worn thin on me in about 2 seconds! Also, he clearly demonstrated that he was TOTALLY in it for himself by taking the compasses so who's going to trust him in any sort of alliance? More like watch your back at all times! I'm confident someone else will step up to play the bad guy role in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2426442;
    So, come elimination time do they make the loser walk the plank? 'Cause that would make it all worth watching.
    No plank walking at the end of the elimination ruined the whole show for me. I wanted them to plunge into the darkness. Wicked I know, but I can't help myself.

toothdoc

Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc;2430887;
    No plank walking at the end of the elimination ruined the whole show for me. I wanted them to plunge into the darkness. Wicked I know, but I can't help myself.

toothdoc
    They can't walk the plank because the water's only 2 feet deep!

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

What a campy bunch of fun! I couldn't stand the guy that got kicked off so I'm glad he is gone. I'm ready to learn more about some of the other pirates. Hopefully, we're hear more from them next show. And I agree with all of the above ...there absolutely should have been some plank walking!

I'm not sure where to post this but where I live there is this huge Harborfest this weekend and I was riding the ferry (only way to get anywhere from where I live) and I saw a tall ship (not unusual in my area considering the harborfest) and being a photographer, I took a bunch of shots. I zoomed in on the name of the ship and it was the Picton Castle. Does anybody know if this is still filming? Because they were most definitely not in the Caribbean and I got shots of the crew. Again, not sure where to post this but if anybody is interested I can post a link to the images.

Oh and they were flying a Canadian flag on the ship (the harborfest is on the East Coast in the US)

It's all done filming, Harmony. I think it has been for a while.

Har;mony...they are all done filming, but The Picton Castle continues to sail. You can google Picton Castle and follow it's path. There is an interesting article on The Captains log regarding the actual crew of The Picton Castle and dealings with CBS and and the whole production while this show was being filmed. I think this Survivor show is leading us to believe that the game contestants are actually crewing the ship, but the Picton Castle has a crew and I doubt they would turn their ship over to these amatures. (particularly as numbers dwindle)

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2427283;
    Everytime someone leaves the ship magically shrinks to accomodate fewer.
    Just like the BB dining room table!

+ Reply to Thread