+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 5/31 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/31 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930;2426966;
    So the captain gets half the spoils - why isn't the crew told that JD didn't just decide that on his own, but that it was a game rule?
    I thought they were told? Didn't the host tell the winning team after they counted up their gold coins (and after they voted for captain), that the captain gets half to do with as he pleases, and the rest is divided among the team?

They way I understood it, JD could have put some of his spoils into the pot to split with the team. But he chose not to. I'll have to watch that part again...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

What bugged me was that the editors/producers didn't even give me a chance to learn at least half of the cast's names! It was like there were all these extras running around in the background, and how was I supposed to care about any of them?

No opening credits naming them, no pre-show interviews with flashbacks of them in "real" life, not even the host listing off everyone's names as the camera panned to each of their faces--even when they were divided into teams we didn't get a chance to hear "Jon is on the red team!" for each of them!!!

I feel the same way about all of these reality tv competition shows. No matter how extreme the challenges/destinations/photoshoots are, no matter how beautiful the contestants, no matter how many twists and turns the producers throw at the contestants... what makes great TV are the personalities and relationships of PEOPLE as they encounter these challenges/twists. If I don't care about the people, I don't care about the show.

I think this show has some potential, but I was really disappointed with the premiere episode. They just jumped right into the show without giving us a chance to get to know the contestants or the rules of the game.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I agree about no opening credits, Aota. Regardless, it's hard to get a feel for all the people when there's so many of them and it's only an hour long show! Survivor has always been the same way to me...it takes a few weeks to get to "know" the players.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Yeah, most of the time I don't even bother watching these shows until the riff-raff has been cleared out.
    Get me down to 10 at the most, and I can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by IronDragon;2426651;
    Wow…its Survivor on a boat…
    Survivor on a boat, with a BB HOH.

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930;2426966;
    I'm done with it too.

Totally confusing rules that are way beyond me. So the captain gets half the spoils - why isn't the crew told that JD didn't just decide that on his own, but that it was a game rule?

Aaaaargh (good pirate word). And where the heck is the parrot?

Will keep reading all of your recaps, but I won't be watching.
    JD was told he could keep his 50%, or divide it any way he desired. He kept it.

I love this show

My favourites are Alexis and Sean

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2426654;
    I liked the show. Glad they had enough sense to kick John off. He really came off as "smarter than thou". Annoying.
    Joe Don could be good, lets just hope he doesn't really let Captain go to his head.
    Could not disagree more. John WAS smarter than the sheeple, who did not have the sense not to kick him off. And the captain position had already gone to JD's head, to be exacerbated next week if you watched the previews. And the sheeple deserve what they get.

More later.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2427003;
    Yeah, most of the time I don't even bother watching these shows until the riff-raff has been cleared out.
    Get me down to 10 at the most, and I can handle it.
    I agree I can't start to learn most of the names until the field has been narrowed, but like the last Survivor, it seems that the "riff raff" are going to be the only ones left
    Last edited by Harvest; 06-01-2007 at 12:06 PM.

Do they chose new teams each week?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Any clue how the Captain thing works? Is JD Captain until there's a mutiny and he's thrown off? Or will there be some other mechanism for other folks to rotate in as captain?

+ Reply to Thread