+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 5/31 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/31 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

One thing I don't understand is, do the officers have to mutiny too?

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Pyke;2426754;
    One thing I don't understand is, do the officers have to mutiny too?
    Yes thats why you got have officers you trust because if they do not like you they can help vote you off.

FORT Fogey

I bet you they would have mutinied if there were no officers. If you stay Captain the WHOLE time, and I were an Officer, I would NOT mutiny. Being Captain, you are in danger of mutiny, being officer, you are perfectly safe and get a good chunk of money. You're perfectly safe.

I liked the half this show I got to see, so far. I think it shows lots of potential for being a lot of fun. Besides, right now I actually will have a chance to watch with everyone else at least a few weeks!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Also, wasn't it only the crew who was eligible to vote? The officer ranks were in agreement on who to black dot, and they had their order of preference: John (because he didn't play well with others) Rufus (because he would be quick to talk mutiny) then Joy (perceived as weak and expendable.)

The "jury" ala Survivor heard the black dots' statements and decided who should go. I think the fact that John, who was seen as a loner and stole the compasses, revealed his true personna to the jury showing them that he wouldn't be above stealing coin from them as well. That was probably what swayed them rather than thoughts of mutiny.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Complete and total garbage. What a huge disappointment. Absolutely, there are scripted lines in this laughfest. Burnett failed big time with this one. I'm done with it. Enjoy the rest of the show, folks. I won't.
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 06-01-2007 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Spelling

FORT Fanatic

Well, I was entertained so I'll keep watching, but, seriously maybe it seems more serious to the people involved, but I couldn't help laughing outright at some of the dialouge. If i didn't know any better, I'd think I'd have accidently turned the tv to the CW network. The show was that laughable. But, I still enjoyed it and right off the bat hated Joe Don as captain. And he gets half the treasure! What the heck is that? I think I'd be trying to get rid of him, too. Does he stay captain until a mutunity or what? Did they ever explain that part? Anyway, it's a good enough show for the summer, what else s on besides reruns?

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;2426826;
    Complete and total garbage. What a huge disappointment. Absolutely, there are scripted lines in this laughfest. Burnett failed big time with this one. I'm done with it. Enjoy the rest of the show, folks. I won't.
    Total difference of opinion. I loved it, although it did get a little boring in the middle. But I still liked the whole story about it: living the life of a pirate over a course of time, trying to find 14 treasures while cutting adrift other pirates. I wasn't expecting much from this show, but now, I think I found my new summer addiction.

During the course of the episode, I was trying to find some similarities to Survivor. Yup, there were quite a number of them. Like someone said, it's Survivor on a ship, with a little BB thrown into it.

I was shocked that John went home first. He made good TV, and people like him usually never go home first. I was suspecting Joy was going.

FORT Fogey

I don't think it seem scripted. When you are placed in a situation you adapt and fit into it. These people are on that ship a lot longer than the hour we see of them edited on tv. Of course they are going to get into the roles. I think that is what makes shows like this great. To see people adapt and act different for money is what makes me enjoy the shows.

FORT Fan

I'm done with it too.

Totally confusing rules that are way beyond me. So the captain gets half the spoils - why isn't the crew told that JD didn't just decide that on his own, but that it was a game rule?

Aaaaargh (good pirate word). And where the heck is the parrot?

Will keep reading all of your recaps, but I won't be watching.

+ Reply to Thread