+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John

FORT Fogey

Re: John

The long hair's gotta go.

I imagine he can play down how smart he is, though I'm not real clear whether he'll need/want to.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by user name;2403106;
    The long hair's gotta go.

I imagine he can play down how smart he is, though I'm not real clear whether he'll need/want to.
    Right, he just has to only mention his night job.... Seems to have bopped from place to place in his education... maybe some authority problems...

LG.

getting a degree from MIT he must have some serious intelligence and his academic history must have been up to snuff. I think he's probably smart but also loves himself so much he wants to marry himself. [/annoying sing-songy voice my daughter makes] He named his dog Machiavelli, the author of "The Prince" famous for the notion that the ends justify the means in political process. Revoluationary ideas for their time - yes. Regarded as ethical - not by most. I predict he'll KNOW (as I'm sure he has no doubts) that he's the smartest one there and all he has to do is out-think the rest and the treasure will be his. Aarrrrgh.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2425820;
    getting a degree from MIT he must have some serious intelligence and his academic history must have been up to snuff. I think he's probably smart but also loves himself so much he wants to marry himself. [/annoying sing-songy voice my daughter makes] He named his dog Machiavelli, the author of "The Prince" famous for the notion that the ends justify the means in political process. Revoluationary ideas for their time - yes. Regarded as ethical - not by most. I predict he'll KNOW (as I'm sure he has no doubts) that he's the smartest one there and all he has to do is out-think the rest and the treasure will be his. Aarrrrgh.
    You should get some award for pegging him pre-show. EXACTLY how he was!! Brava Brava!

I must say.. he WAS the smartest one there, in regards to figuring things out quickly. But, naturally, he couldn't contain himself about how GALLdarn hard he worked to find that treasure, and how HE deserved more (gold?) for doing all the work.
    I tended to agree with him, but he already sealed his fate by being a whispering wierdo, knowitall, and an anger management case. Too bad because I really think he had a really good chance to advance further if he just sat back a little bit.

Grabbing the compasses was a good idea I guess, although not one soul fell for it.
    But I really thought.."nah..the producers wouldn't let him take ALL the navigational aids on the boat".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2375978;
    Fabio's little brother. This one looks interesting, to say the least.
    Wasn't he on that Fabio reality show on O? The one where they were vying to be the next romance novel cover model?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

LG.

thanks Mav. When I was watching last night I told my hubby - I nailed him in the pre-show impressions. In a figurative way, of course, as I really wouldn't want to be that close to his sliminess.

I was screaming at Joe Don "Grab those compasses from him before you cut him adrift" as they're PIRATES for crying out loud, stealing from the outted constestants shouldn't be something only I come up with ****ponders the fact that I'm more 'unethical' than fake-pirates on a reality show**** It's not like he WON them or bought them or brought them with him. Just because John is HOLDING the compasses doesn't mean they are "his". He doesn't how the title to the compasses (like they were cars or real estate), he's merely possessing them (temporarily). Come on Captain JD, you can't take them from him *snatch*! Joe Don, you're the Captain, take 'em and then cut him adrift.

I too don't believe they want to film two teams of contestants paddling aimlessly for hours during each challenge, so there will be other navigational aids (at least after the first few times that they might let them stumble around just for laughs).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

You called him perfectly, LG. I was very disappointed in him, I had higher hopes.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2427558;
    You called him perfectly, LG. I was very disappointed in him, I had higher hopes.
    You sure did call him, LG ... impressive.

However, I didn't find John as bad as some others here have. I thought he really benefited his team on the challenge and the "Captain" should have at least acknowledged it with a few extra gold coins. I really wanted them to mutiny and dump that cold and pompous JD. I guess having saltwater in your veins as JD says he does ... makes you cold hearted and arrogant.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

This guy proofs that first impression is everything. If he didnt come out as some weirdo and annoying, he might have stay a bit longer.

Too bad, he seemed like a nice charactor for a show like this.

JR.

Nice going LG

This guy was such a douche, I can only imagine what we didn't see. He must've pissed everyone off to get a unanimous vote.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast