+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J D

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

J D

J.D.

Joe Don "J.D." Morton was born and raised by his mother and two sisters, one of which is deaf, in Scottsdale, Arizona. He played football throughout high school and then attended college for two years at Scottsdale Community College. At 20, he took off to Alaska to pursue a job in the fishing industry. He spent the summer working in canneries and on a fishing boat. He then decided to join the United States Navy and successfully trained at the Search and Rescue Swimmer School. Shortly after he finished his Navy service, he saw a documentary on smokejumpers and that's all he needed to see. He attended smoke-jumping school in Redding, CA, with the United States Forest Service and then transferred back to Alaska. He then bought 10 acres of land in Alaska and built a cabin, where he currently resides with his black lab, Anna. He describes himself as free-spirited, funny and big-hearted. His favorite sports are foursquare, dog-mushing, two-man sand volleyball, bodysurfing, ultimate fighting and swimming in the ocean. J.D. was originally chosen for "Survivor: Guatemala" and managed to break his ankle a couple of weeks before he was scheduled to leave.

He currently resides in Fairbanks, AK.

His birth date is Aug. 4, 1970.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: J.d.

Foursquare a favorite sport? Is there another one other than the elementary school game I am thinking of? I think I like this one.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Re: J.d.

They really picked some hard-core athletics for this show. He should do well.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Re: J D

He is one of my early favorites. How many favorites are we allowed to have? I didn't see this one til I had seen most of the others already. I hope he isn't as annoying as the last J.D. I remember from a reality show. Rock Star: INXS anyone?
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

10 acres and a cabin in the middle of Fairbanks??

I haven't been in Fairbanks for about 10 years, but last time I was there, there really did seem to be a lot of open spaces. And it's not a huge town - surrounded by a huge state.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

LG.

this guy reminds me of the old Fox reality show "Bachelorettes in Alaska" in which beefy guys flung around axes and caught fish to win dates with ladies, on the premise that there are more men than women in Alaska. I loved that show, and this guy would have fit right in, with the smokejumping and dog mushing and swimming in the ocean. Smokejumping reminds me of the Nickelback "Far Away" video. Good times. I like him.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I find it interesting that he lived in Arizona until he was 20 ... and then took off for Alaska. That seems to be an extreme change.

I don't like him much after the first episode. He says in his bio that he is "bighearted" but he sure didn't seem to be in this episode, nor did he seem so in the preview for next week where he's shown eating from a plate in his hand and laughing that the crew has no food.

Again I don't care for him, but if he sticks around for awhile he'll be an interesting character to watch.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

LG.

Arizona to Alaska (or Washington), sounds like the main character Bella in the Twilight novels - hey SPEGS!!! Amazon.com: Twilight: Books: Stephenie Meyer

I agree echo, if he doesn't start "throwing a bone" to the rest of the crew and acting so annoying, he's going to find himself cut adrift soon.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fan

It's always fun to see how power corrupts.

Other than that, this bloke comes across as slow. In everything he does, appearance, speech, choices made, everything comes with a dim-witted push. My least favorite character, I prefer John to him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast