+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheryl

Re: Cheryl

"Pirate" Contestant Found Dead of Apparent Suicide

Posted Jul 30th 2007 11:19AM by TMZ Staff

Cheryl Kosewicz, from the recently canceled CBS reality show "Pirate Master," was found dead in her home on Friday, KOLO-TV in Reno is reporting. Officials told the station the death is believed to be a suicide, but is still under investigation.

Just two months earlier, Kosewicz's boyfriend also took his own life.

Her death was confirmed by fellow "Pirate Master" contestant Nessa Nemir, who posted on the show's Facebook page, "All of the pirates and Cheryl's friends and family are shocked and devastated. It is a tragic loss that we all feel very deeply."

Another contestant, Joycelyn "Joy" McElveen, wrote on her MySpace page, "I lay in my bed tossing and turning waiting on someone to wake me up from this horrible nightmare. What nightmare you may ask? The nightmare that I thought I would never have to deal with the news that my best friend is dead. I immediately scream out in pain and sorrow."

Kosewicz was the fourth person eliminated (on the show), which was canceled just last week.

UPDATE [2:55PM PT]: A rep for "Pirate Master" tells TMZ: "Everyone at CBS who knew her is shocked and saddened by the news of Cheryl Kosewicz's untimely and unexpected passing. We will remember Cheryl for her extraordinary energy and compassion and we extend our deepest sympathies to her family and friends."

"Pirate" Contestant Found Dead of Apparent Suicide - TMZ.com

Very sad.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

This is so sad. It's hard to believe that strong woman is no more. My condolences to her family and friends. Rest in peace, Cheryl.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Occasional FORT Poster lizzybird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2497059;
    This is so sad. It's hard to believe that strong woman is no more. My condolences to her family and friends. Rest in peace, Cheryl.
    Sometimes appearances can be deceiving...I read another story that her boyfriend committed suicide last month and she had been very distraught about it. I guess he was upset about her going on the show...???

'Pirate Master' Contestant Dies of Apparent Suicide - Cheryl Kosewicz was depressed after her boyfriend's recent suicide - Zap2it

I am really disappointed in CBS. There should have been an acknowledgement of her passing on this week's episode, something in the way of a dedication. Hey CBS, you're a bunch of low lifes!

Very sad, RIP.

I heard about this
    CHERYL RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2497732;
    I am really disappointed in CBS. There should have been an acknowledgement of her passing on this week's episode, something in the way of a dedication. Hey CBS, you're a bunch of low lifes!
    I agree. They wouldn't even have to mention HOW she died if they wanted to protect her privacy. They could just say she passed away and give the date. Or dedicate an episode to her. Or something.

I just finished the final episode and at the end they dedicated it to her, I didn't know she died until I saw that.

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Wow. I finally got around to watching the last few eps of the show. If only the other eps had been as good as the last the show might have stayed around. At the end of the last episode I saw the dedication to Cheryl and immediately began looking up info. I was shocked and saddened by what I found. I thought I was coming here to post an eye opener of a revelation for everyone, but you guys are way ahead of me. She was one of my favorites. She seemed so tough, focused and smart. I suppose this just goes to show, no matter how tough a game face someone puts on, it's difficult to know the real depths of the pain within. My sympathies go out to her, but my sympathy runs much deeper for her family and friends. Unless you are a person who has no family in this world or are suffering from a horrible end-stage terminal illness, suicide is about the most selfish, sadistic, cowardly and horrible thing you can do to your loved ones, especially your parents. For the person who checks out, the pain is over. For the loved ones who survive them and have to live with their memory, the suffering has only just begun and never ever ends. Her parents will never recover from the loss of such a bright, successful and compassionate light of their lives. From that day forward they will always suffer from an open wound that will never heal. She could not have hurt them more. The whole thing is tragic on every level.

It is so sad to hear about Cheryl. I have always contended if people who contemplate suicide could drum up the courage to talk to someone and reveal their intentions it might discourage those who actually follow through with their desperate and selfish decision to end their misery. I realize some of the reasons people don't want to talk to anyone is to avoid the possibility of being discouraged from their plan. I have to disagree with some who say Cheryl's pain is over after checking out since if there truly is life after death; is her pain really over or has it just begun? I have heard stories from people who were minutes away from taking their lives who later reported how, for one reason or the other, they didn't follow through and went on to live productive and happy lives. It is a shame people who reach this level of despair can't, or won't, consider living through one more day. It is proven, 24 hours has made all the difference in the lives of those who at one time were close to taking their lives. But I think for some, the level of depression and despair becomes so dark it clouds their thinking processes, preventing them from reaching out. I do agree how this horrific act leaves such unbearable pain on the family since our family lost a young man who thought there was no other alternative but to check out. That was over 40 years ago and his mother and those of us who were close to him still carry the heartache of losing someone we loved in such a horrendous and shocking way. 40 years later and still consider the, what if, and if I only had, theory.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123