+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheryl

Re: Cheryl

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2493568;
    Though there is no official news report or articles Joy, Nessa and other Pirate Master contestants have said on their myspaces that Cheryl has passed away
    Oh no! I really admired her. I hope we find out it isn't true!

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2493568;
    Though there is no official news report or articles Joy, Nessa and other Pirate Master contestants have said on their myspaces that Cheryl has passed away
    Would you mind posting up some myspace links? I ask because I don't see that info when looking at other player's myspaces. It's not that I don't believe it, more as if I'd like to see it with my own eyes.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2493697;
    Would you mind posting up some myspace links? I ask because I don't see that info when looking at other player's myspaces. It's not that I don't believe it, more as if I'd like to see it with my own eyes.
    I thought we weren't allowed to post links to myspaces.

Here is the main link I have seen:

Joy's Blog About It

If you go to most of the contestants pages on Joy's myspace there, most of them have mentioned it on the comments sections on each others pages. It has also been posted on the Pirate Master fan myspace and Pirate Master facebook page by Nessa. Nessa has a blog about it too, but hers is private.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Apparently she took her own life, just 2 months after her boyfriend took his own life. Such a shame.

That's is terrible
    The big brother addiction its taking over

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;2493893;
    Apparently she took her own life, just 2 months after her boyfriend took his own life. Such a shame.

This is really sad news.

very sad and shocking news... Cheryl, you will be missed!

Nessa posted this at the Addicted to Pirate Master's Facebook Wall:

To all who are wondering, since I'm sure you will read about it soon enough... Cheryl was found dead in her home on yesterday from suicide. Her beloved boyfriend had also taken his own life in June. All of the pirates and Cheryls friends and family are shocked and devastated. It is a tragic loss that we all feel very deeply... WE MISS YOU CHERYL, BEAUTIFUL STRONG WOMAN THAT YOU WERE... Nessa
    Link
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

That is such sad news. My heart goes out to Cheryl's family and friends.

I'm feeling kind of stunned and chastened, because in watching the show she seemed so strong, and this is reminding me that even though one of the main functions of this website seems to be to provide a space for people to discuss the "cast" of each reality show, what we see is just the teeniest tip of the iceberg of what is really going on with these people.

No doubt we are all lifting Cheryl up in our prayers.

I think that even when many of us post complaints or criticisms of reality shows and their cast members, the baseline impulse is still one of love and gratitude that people are making these shows and putting themselves out there for our entertainment. I think there is a tremendous amount of goodwill in that dynamic. I wish Cheryl could have found a way to ease her suffering without taking her life, but maybe a general outpouring of loving goodwill energy can still help soothe her spirit - and maybe be of some small comfort to her friends and family as well.

Well said, Harvest. I hope Cheryl and her family and friends can find peace.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast