+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Pirate Master - About the show

Re: Pirate Master - About the show

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV;2420757;
    hmmmmmmm.. I don't know about this one. The name is tough to get past, I wish it were more like "Pirate Adventure" or "Treasure Hunters" (OOPS!)

I have a SINKING feeling about this show. (ahahahaa!) I think the show will be great (like TH or any other show requiring some thought) and will not get the viewers they need quickly enough to make it a great show and will SAIL off into the distance by next season.

ba dum pum
    Guess I was one of the few who actually enjoyed TH because of the thinking that was required....learned some things about history I didn't know which was interesting
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John;2422656;
    From the previews, I understand that the pirate ship has a captain and first mate, and the contestants are crew. That would satisfy any requirements.
    now maybe I read it wrong, but I read on the CBS site that during the first show they would be given some challenges and who ever came out the furtherest ahead at the end would be made CAPTAIN of the ship and the rest had to follow his orders, now I don't know if that will change weekly or what it involves...like you I hope it doesnt' mean they navagate the ship..lol....but I will have to keep up from the board...still ain't watching til they give us a 2nd season of Jericho
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2425775;
    now maybe I read it wrong, but I read on the CBS site that during the first show they would be given some challenges and who ever came out the furtherest ahead at the end would be made CAPTAIN of the ship and the rest had to follow his orders, now I don't know if that will change weekly or what it involves...like you I hope it doesnt' mean they navagate the ship..lol....but I will have to keep up from the board...still ain't watching til they give us a 2nd season of Jericho
    Didn't you see my post on page 7?........

...."This is why I was looking for the host interview post. To quote it and respond to it. He mentioned the contestants would be “running the ship”. HA! I highly doubt that. At least not navigating it, anyway. Take it from someone whose career is working on the water (I’m actually a marine navigator myself). I’m quite certain there will be a trained and CERTIFIED crew behind the scenes “running the ship”. One needs certification to navigate a vessel that size. And they need sea time to get the certification. It’s a lengthy process. At least 2 to 3 years to become a Mate, and 3 to 4 to become a Master."

As well, Miss Thing posted an article about the ACTUAL ship's crew.

Trust me, the contestants will NOT be navigating the ship. No way. Think of it as one contestant will be Captain of the other contestants, NOT the ship. (At least not in "real" life).

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2425775;
    I read that to mean that the person who is most successful in the challenge will be "in charge", and I understood that to mean something perhaps equivalent to the "Head of Household" on Big Brother. They'll have benefits and maybe won't have to swab the deck but can "order" others to do so but will also have some responsibilities.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

You know, I just read the article posted here from the crew blog and I have some questions about it because I saw this ship on the James River in Virginia just this Monday (and have the pictures to prove it). They still have the Pirate Master logo on one of their chests off the aft bow and they were flying a Canadian flag. Some of the time lines just don't match up. The crew was really young (nothing wrong with that) but again it just doesn't all add up, you know? And there wasn't a figure head so not sure what all that means when you add in the fact that the logo is still on the ship.

I can post the links to the images if you guys want (not sure how the spoilers work so didn't want to do it beforehand)

Her home port is Lunenberg, Nova Scotia.

Home: Barque Picton Castle

Yep, thats the ship I saw. It looks different painted black for the show. It was a total fangirlish moment when I realized it was the same ship from the show "live and in person" in front of me and I'm not even sure I like the show!

I believe it was Erin or Stephanie piloting it, either way she was a cute little blonde.

((Go to the URL posted above and look under meet the crew since I can't post URLs))

I wonder if they were the ones who were piloting the ship behind the scenes while the show was on? Because you know the wannabe pirates more than likely were not (not a spoiler or anything just speculating since I know a thing or two about sailing and know it takes a bit of time till one is ready to be a deckhand and do more than swab the deck *grins*)

I don't see there being a Pirate Master 2.
    After the recap of the previous week....the challenge, including repetitive footage of the contestants rowing ashore; rowing up river; running uphill; the confessionals about the challenge.....the counting of money.....the divvy of money.....the voting of Captain (when required).....the appointment of officers (when required).....the deliberation of the three black spots.....the handing out of the parchments (or whatever they're called).....the opening of the parchments.....the explanation of Pirate's Court by the host (and other interjections by the host throughout the whole show).....the Pirate's Court itself......the castaway drifting off.....and scenes from next week.....plus cinematography filler.....there is very little footage of actual strategizing. Makes for a boring show overall.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

If this show were airing during a normal season I would surprised to see it last past episode 2.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

I realized during the preview it said the gold is hidden on this ISLAND. So, when they set sail, they must sail around and island or something. How lame! But, makes sense!

+ Reply to Thread