+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Pirate Master - About the show

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Pirate Master - About the show

tv guide channel is running some "pirate master preview" shows over the next several days. i wasn't too interested in the show until i started watching this preview. they take some time letting you get to know who the people are.

now i can't wait for it to start.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2421215;
    tv guide channel is running some "pirate master preview" shows over the next several days. i wasn't too interested in the show until i started watching this preview. they take some time letting you get to know who the people are.

I have something else on, at the moment, but am taping this preview. For some odd reason, I'm quite excited about this show. Maybe because so many other things have wrapped up recently, and it's a long haul to (the so-so, in my book) premier of Big Brother.

I hope this is as much fun as it looks to be.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

oh, and even though rupert won't be on, they just showed a guy that's practically a rupert clone ... his name is louie (sp?)

Am I imagining things? Today at work I thought I saw a post in this thread that included an interview of the host. He provided a bit more detail about the show and commented on each contestant. Now that I'm home, I don't see the post.

Puzzled.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;2421331;
    Am I imagining things? Today at work I thought I saw a post in this thread that included an interview of the host. He provided a bit more detail about the show and commented on each contestant. Now that I'm home, I don't see the post.

Puzzled.
    I came back looking for that same post.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Puzzled.
    I saw it too

Puzzled.
    It was a link to another reality site, which isn't allowed.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Some pictures (I just love old ships):

It was me. I let the dogs out.

So, one question. Are these guys trained sailors or are they simply people that have been given a crash course in pre-modern sailing?
    I would think that the insurance companies would have a field day with this, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2421215;

I saw that preview. I already hate some of the contestants, lol.

Seriously, I don't like the fact that the host was "handicapping" all the contestants and did not think that one woman had much of a chance, who to me was indistiguishable from the next one, but he was practically drooling over the next one for no discernable reason --- and she turned out to be a friend of the boxer who was on their sister show, Survivor. I don't like to see people getting on these shows through special favors. And I never liked Pavarti and don't expect to like her friend either. Were they "dating" someone connected with the show or something? Yuck!

I hope they do not all turn out to be completely obnoxious.

Mark Barnett or whatever his name is was interviewed as saying he is proud of the look of his shows, and I do agree with that. From the preview it seems the production design is as good as Survivor's.
    Last edited by Harvest; 05-28-2007 at 06:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread