+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

9/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only, until after midnight Eastern. Thanks, and enjoy the show!

PLEASE NOTE: I've asked Greenie to stop writing recaps for the show. She puts an awful lot of time and work into each recap, and it's not being read by more than a handful of people. Greenie will move on to helping out with Paradizzle and other stuff. Thanks, Greenie!

Yea, sorry guys. I enjoyed the few peeps that came in here though. You helped keep it real.
    I'm heading off to the craptacular Paradizzle. Yikes!

Man! That show has already dumbed down my speaking!
    Who shot who in the what now?

Justin Timberlake clone looked better than the original. Faith Hill clone, well, she looked very cute, but I don't think she was very convincing.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Frank Sinatra clone had sexy voice.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Was Tiffany Baldwin (Faith Hill) on American Idol 2? She looks familiar.. Maybe the top 32? Or the stage right before that? She's very familiar looking and sounding. I didn't catch her little piece before she sang, so I apologize if they mentioned it...

Oh, oh, oh... Wasn't she the one who was tired of being told she had a pretty face but the talent wasn't there??
    Last edited by Terena79; 09-16-2003 at 09:06 PM.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

This show gripes my grits. The James Brown guy was fantastic, and I think should have won. Thats not being fair to the Frank Sinatra guy, though, as he was good also. It just never turns out like I think it should. The Cher chick made me p my pants! She was awful!

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I thought the Frank guy was far better. I mean, the James Brown guy was good BUT if you closed your eyes....that was Frank Sinatra. Dead on impersonation in my eyes.

And that Cher chick was wretched. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    And that Cher chick was wretched. LOL
    I agree. But I do think she and many others are better singers than they are impersonators.. in her real voice the Cher lady may not have been that bad. And the girl who did Faith Hill really seemed like she'd be an ok singer if she wasn't trying so hard to copy Faith's every last syllable.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Brian Duprey did an amazing job as Frank. I just watched my tape and then put on the Frank song to compare. He has him down cold.

I loved the James Brown impersonator. He really sounded like him, too, but was at a disadvantage, with Frank, you just need to walk around and point at the audience. In order to be James Brown you have to move like him, too and he didn't do that very well. James Brown's feet are seldom still, and his dance moves are really difficult to pull off.

Faith was ok, again probably better voice had she not been impersonating another singer. The rest were just OK. And yes, he was cuter than Justin, lol.

On Hiatus
    Oh no! I missed this episode as I was watching the John Ritter retrospective. I was thinking there'd be a recap! (sarcasm)How will I ever survive??? I will probably just wither away wondering what happened on Tuesday! Alas, Alack!(/sarcasm)
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast