+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARLYS ALFORD as Annie Lennox / Episode 3

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!

ARLYS ALFORD as Annie Lennox / Episode 3

ARLYS ALFORD
    AS ANNIE LENNOX
    Minneapolis, MN

Personal info: After spending her whole life struggling with major health issues and being confined to a wheelchair, Arlys will fulfill her dream of singing and dancing on stage like Annie Lennox.

The real Annie:

Arlys sings vocals for the Trip Dance Theater, and sang for a band called Red Giant.

Her personal ad offering vocal training services on Craigslist.org, which has since been removed, says "Arlys Alford has been performing on-stage since the age of 3 and has trained
    in classical, rock, pop, group & choral harmonizing, wailing and other..."

Fox must be making this stuff up, because she's definitely not confined to a wheelchair, since she's teaching choreography and is involved in doing the vocals for "Shake & Stir: Freeform Dance w/ live Music", another ad she placed on Craigslist.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Wailing?? If wailing is an art, my kids are half way to becoming big superstars.

On Hiatus
    That photo of her made over looks like a character from The Sims. IMHO.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

FOX overblew wheelchair info

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Arlys sings vocals for the Trip Dance Theater, and sang for a band called Red Giant.

Her personal ad offering vocal training services on Craigslist.org, which has since been removed, says "Arlys Alford has been performing on-stage since the age of 3 and has trained

Fox must be making this stuff up, because she's definitely not confined to a wheelchair, since she's teaching choreography and is involved in doing the vocals for "Shake & Stir: Freeform Dance w/ live Music", another ad she placed on Craigslist.
    To clear things up, I was only in the wheelchair briefly at the beginning of this year. Althought I stipulated it was "a couple of months", FOX obviously didn't think this was hot enough so they simply omitted the "couple of months" part. For the most part, we did not choose the celebs we impersonated, nor did we choose the songs. I auditioned with "Uninvited" by Alannis, but I didn't look enough like her for the producers.

Peace,
    Arlys

Thanks for straightening that out for us, Arlys, and of course for stopping by!

(and I'm so happy that I wasn't out in left field on the other background stuff, either!)

FOX overblew info! Surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by John

Well, I was very clear with FOX in giving my information. I explained that I had spent a couple of months in a wheelchair (yes, it's true I spent 10 months not being able to walk without crutches or other assistance) but they obviously omitted this info. What can you do? It was opportunity I was looking for, and we also did not choose the celeb, or the song. I really didn't care, since I love Annie Lennox and I was impressed that they even thought crossing racial lines would be okay.

Hey, it's TV. They have to make everything larger than life. I guess I'm okay with that. At least they didn't outright lie or anything. Just an omission of important info. :-)

My dad was proud, and my family was proud. I guess that's really all that matters to me.

Peace and blessings,
    Arlys

Thanks for all those explanations, Arlys. It's really nice of you to stop by at FORT. I was very impressed with your performance last night.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Wow, thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    Thanks for all those explanations, Arlys. It's really nice of you to stop by at FORT. I was very impressed with your performance last night.

Thanks for your kind words. I really justed wanted to do the best I could and I was proud to be in a show with other good performers. I thought everyone was great, especially Carmel! She is very sweet and I called her to tell her how wonderful I thought her performance was.

Namaste!
    Arlys

On Hiatus
    Yes, Arlys, thanks for stopping by. You shined some very needed light on the show...and now a lot of things that seemed off kilter about this show make a LOT more sense.

And I think I mentioned in another thread that I thought you did a good job especially considering the racial boundaries. That's pretty darned good. And you're right-open minded of Fox, even if I am suspect of some other decisions they've made.
    Quote Originally Posted by IMTribe
    My dad was proud, and my family was proud. I guess that's really all that matters to me.
    Absolutely. Hey, did they get to go there to see you perform live?

And I'm sorry I said you looked like a SIMS character after you were made up.
    Last edited by YCan'tAngieRead; 09-10-2003 at 10:51 PM.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast