+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARLYS ALFORD as Annie Lennox / Episode 3

Max Headroom Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by YCan'tAngieRead
    Yes, Arlys, thanks for stopping by. You shined some very needed light on the show...and now a lot of things that seemed off kilter about this show make a LOT more sense.

And I think I mentioned in another thread that I thought you did a good job especially considering the racial boundaries. That's pretty darned good. And you're right-open minded of Fox, even if I am suspect of some other decisions they've made.

Absolutely. Hey, did they get to go there to see you perform live?

And I'm sorry I said you looked like a SIMS character after you were made up.
    Glad to be able to help. I'm not trying to paint a positive or negative picture, just give the facts when I can. Thanks for the compliment about my performance, it was really hard learning how to be someone else in a couple of weeks - but well worth the payoff. None of us were professional impersonators (that I know of) and we all had to audition a capella quite a few times.

My family lives in Minneapolis and around the country, so they couldn't make the live performance, but they were all with me in spirit. I could feel them all standing behind me.

And by the way, I really like the SIMS. I thought your comment was actually funny and accurate (and a compliment, in fact). I was trying to be a character, I mean the suit, riding crop and makeup brought out a whole different side of me. Believe me, I was very funny & cartoonish backstage. They even gave me blue contacts to wear to complete the look. (I think I kindof look a little like a female Max Headroom in that photo!) Ha ha!

Peace,
    Arlys

FORT Newbie

:)

Hi Arlys.

I just wanted to say that I was amazed by your performance....and I hadn't even heard of Annie Lennox at that time! I'm still VERY young. So's you can see why I hadn't heard of her.

But after watching the third episode, I was just...dazzled. Jessica Keenan was great, but I really wished you had won. Even though I hadn't heard of Annie, I thought that the way you sang Sweet Dreams was great. And it seemed like a familiar song to me, I don't know why.

After the show, I downloaded Sweet Dreams. I've been playing it over and over (my brother is getting quite annoyed.)...and I have to say, you had Annie down to a tee!

I'm playing Sweet Dreams right now. Serious.

FORT Newbie

Oooh.

Wow, my post was late. Two years, to be exact. Sorry, I live in a place where we get shows late. Sure, we get all the popular shows fast, but wow, some shows we get way too late.

Grateful for the compliments!

Thank you so much for writing your fabulous comments! I'm so grateful that you enjoyed the performance and also excited that you're checking out the fantastic Ms Lennox (she's got the goods!!) Annie is still recording and can be heard on the soundtrack for "The Lord of the Rings".

Here's waving at you from sunny Los Angeles, California! You've really given me something extra to smile about, today. Thanks for bringing back these memories - now I have to dig out the video and show it to my new boyfriend. Geez, I feel like a star! I think I'm blushing....

Peace and blessings to you! Keep the music in your life......and the richness of being will follow.

Be
    Here
    Now

Namaste,
    Arlys

FORT Newbie

Hi again.

Hello!

Glad I could make you happy! It was an awesome experience watching that performance, I'm hoping some channel here will put it on again. We don't get Fox here. Bleh. I shoulda recorded the show. I'm a music addict.

And yep, I'll keep listening to Annie Lennox. I think my brother is really close to becoming insane, he's heard Walking On Broken Glass and Sweet Dreams so many times now. I'm downloading Annie's songs like crazy.

Here's a hello from Dhahran, Saudi Arabia! Yep. Did "desert" come to your mind? Haha, we're far from it. But anyway.

Thank you for everything!

So long.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12