+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who was your favorite thus far?

KevinColley#16 BST!!!!!!! Clayalltheway49's Avatar

who was your favorite thus far?

I thought that they made a great choice with the Tina Turner woman....sorry I don't remember her name at this present time.....great job Conchita???? :
    LETS GO ISLANDERS AND SOUNDTIGERS!!!!

My favorite, although he didn't win, was Freddie Mercury :-) I think the guy did a fabulous job performing as Freddie, who is one of my favorite artists of all times :-)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    My favorite, although he didn't win, was Freddie Mercury :-) I think the guy did a fabulous job performing as Freddie, who is one of my favorite artists of all times :-)
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

I liked the kid who did Elton, and he played the piano also. Thought the kid looked more like him than Justin Timberlake when he did a video as him for his last album, lol. Loved the space between the front teeth!

Alas, Elton did not win, so he is not going to the finals. I think all of these performers are excellent in this upgraded karaoke contest. I really think it comes down to whose music you prefer. I love Elton, so I liked this performer.

Tina was good too, especially when you think about how much she moves around the stage while singing -- I'd be out of breath.

FORT Fanatic
    I wasn't as wild about the Tina Turner woman as a lot of people were. I really liked the Freddy Mercury fella the best of both nights so far. I liked the woman who did Babs last week and was glad she won. I'm not sure who I'll pull for in the finals yet--or even if I'll be able to hang in there with this show to the bitter end.

On Hiatus
    I agree...even though I only saw a small part of what he did, Ferras the Elton guy would get my vote because he sang AND played the piano. And I don't even like Elton much.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

I liked the Barbra Streisand one, too. Maybe she does it all the time, but she is really good at it.

Barbra Streisand was AWESOME, but I'm not a huge fan of her music, and my favorite was definitely Tina Turner!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I liked the Barbra Streisand one, too. Maybe she does it all the time, but she is really good at it.
    Babs was head and shoulders above all the others (Tina Turner was a distant second. Her moves were right on the money but her voice, IMHO, was not that close to Tina Turners).

I have the feeling that the woman who did Babs does that as a side gig at parties or for singing telegrams etc. And if that is the case then she should likely be disqualified as some sort of professional "ringer". That is, if the show is only open to ametuers - which I am not sure that it is.

The competetion level is all over the board ranging from excellent - Babs & Tina to awful - Celine & Cyndi. Britney and X-tina were just sadly comical. So is this really the cream of the crop? I wonder if they didnt have as good a turn out for auditions as they had hoped.

Also the make-up person should be shot. There are some really, really bad make-overs going on here.

One question I have had since the beginning, wouldnt it be great to see some drag queens come on and do Cher, Dianah, Bette, Babs...that would be REALLY entertaining!

Brian Duprey as Frank Sinatra.

I just watched the tape of this show and couldn't believe how much he sounded like him. Don't have to do much but point at the audience, though. Just finished listening to the same song by Frank, The Way You Look Tonight, and this kid had him down cold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast