+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todd Newton, Host

Todd Newton, Host

Todd Newton

[IMG]images/img/todd_newton.jpg[/IMG]

You've heard that guy who does voice-overs for E!, right? You know, the one who sounds so hip and smooth and authoritative? Well, that's Newton, the coolest thing to come out of St. Louis since icy bottles of Bud.

But this guy is more than just the voice of E! (as if that isn't enough). He's also the host of Coming Attractions, its weekly half-hour showcase of the latest film previews.

Newton joined E! in February 1996, but he began his career in 1990 as a deejay at St. Louis' HOT 97 FM. Two years later, he jumped across town to WKBQ-FM, where he became Rikk Idol, the city's top-rated nighttime contemporary-hits personality. He also hosted the dance and video show Live at Stagez with Rikk Idol and later worked with KPLR-TV as spokesman for the Warner Bros. network.

Newton was once featured in Seventeen magazine as one of the hottest deejays in America. He has appeared in commercials, on Fox's Living Single and on the nationally syndicated talk show Wavelength.

To top it off, he has been active in such antidrug programs as D.A.R.E and speaks regularly at schools on the importance of self-esteem and the effects of drug abuse. Didn't we say he was cool?

This guy sure has the Mr. Suave look going.

I'm excited about this show.
    Who shot who in the what now?

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    That guy also does some stuff on the Gameshow Network (the new Whammy, and he used to host a game show called Hollywood Showdown).

As an aside, he looks just like the guy who played Dr. Craig Wesley on "Days of our Lives".
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

'Performing As...' Hosting Duties Fall to Newton
    (Wednesday, August 13 12:12 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - That man hosting FOX's new variety series "Performing As..." is not a high school teacher from New Jersey pretending to be Todd Newton. That's actually Todd Newton.

Versitile uber-host Newton, who has overseen "E! News Live," "Coming Attractions" and "Talk Soup" on E! and "Whammy! The All New Press Your Luck" and "Instant Millionaire," got his start as a St. Louis radio personality. In addition to his current slate of near-constant hosting duties, he continues to do "The Evening Shift" on New York's WNEW.

"Performing As...," which has been called "Soundmix" and "Stars in Their Eyes" in its various European incarnations, gives ordinary people the change to perform in the guise of their favorite musical star. Each week, five amateurs will be given full hair, clothing and choreography make-overs. They'll then perform a song by their chosen artist in front of a live studio audience and a panel of industry professionals.

The winners of each week's competitions will be brought back for the final episode to compete for a yet-to-be-determined grand prize.
    http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...864|1|,00.html

The winners of each week's competitions will be brought back for the final episode to compete for a yet-to-be-determined grand prize.
    Fox is getting good at this "yet-to-be-determined grand prize". Is it a free stay in the most exclusive resort ever created where when someone checks in, another person checks out FOREVER?
    Last edited by Unklescott; 08-18-2003 at 09:05 PM.

I like him on "Coming Attractions"... but he got on my damn nerves when he did "Talk Soup".... although they ALL did, other than Aisha whatever her name is that is on Friends now
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    That guy also does some stuff on the Gameshow Network (the new Whammy, and he used to host a game show called Hollywood Showdown).

As an aside, he looks just like the guy who played Dr. Craig Wesley on "Days of our Lives".
    I thought he looked familiar. Hope he isn't as irritating as he is on Whammy or Hollywood Showdown.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Todd Newton

[IMG]images/img/todd_newton.jpg[/IMG]
    To top it off, he has been active in such antidrug programs as D.A.R.E and speaks regularly at schools on the importance of self-esteem and the effects of drug abuse. Didn't we say he was cool?
    He seems kindda cute...

Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    I thought he looked familiar. Hope he isn't as irritating as he is on Whammy or Hollywood Showdown.

He was....
    everybody has the right to speak their mind, so don't shoot me if I speak mine- ray davies

My husband and I thought maybe he was the guy from the ATT m-life commercials. Maybe they're trying to get away from the Ryan Seacrest host thing!
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast