+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOX Opens 'Paradise Hotel' to Viewers

FOX Opens 'Paradise Hotel' to Viewers

FOX Opens 'Paradise Hotel' to Viewers

Thu, Apr 17, 2003 02:49 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Reality shows like "Big Brother" and "American Idol" let viewers have some say in determining what goes on in front of the camera. A show FOX is planning for summer will let them actually be in front of the camera.

The show is called "Paradise Hotel," and the network is promising that a different viewer will have the chance to check in each week. Conversely, the hotel guests will vote each week to send someone home.

There is no prize beyond getting to spend time at what FOX calls "the most exclusive resort ever created." The press release announcing the show makes a point, however, of noting that the 12 initial guests will be six single men and six single women, so FOX will no doubt welcome any steamy romance that might ensue.

The show is scheduled to premiere Monday, June 16 and will air Monday and Wednesday nights. The Monday shows will show the goings-on at the hotel, where guests will be pampered like movie stars. Wednesday nights will be devoted to game show-like proceedings to see who gets to check in next.

Viewers will be given a toll-free number to call for a chance to appear in studio on the Wednesday episodes. Once there, they'll compete in a game -- details of which are still in the works -- to get a chance to fly to the resort and spend time.

"Paradise Hotel" comes from Mentorn, a British company that has produced TNN's "Robot Wars" and the 2001 ABC special "Challenge America with Erin Brockovich."

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Um, what? I don't think I get the "draw".
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I see why people want to be on it...but I don't see why we would want to watch it.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I don't know. I just read in Daily Variety that Fox is pinning its summer hopes on this show, so I dug up some info on it. It's going to air twice a week.

Leo
    Premium Member
    They're expecting this to be their summer hope? Someone at Fox is on something.

Okay, I don't get this thing so far! Is there a prize to be won? What's the purpose of this?

There is no prize. It's a confusing premise for a show, I definitely agree.

Well, since it's on FOX, any idea how bad it will be? Just from the sound of it, I'll bet it doesn't do well.

Steelcurtain, Welcome to the FORT from a fellow SLCer.

It seems to me that Fox is just hurrying to get shows out before they think if it will be good or not.

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    The prize is camera time. They will probably have lots of young wanna be actors and modles looking for there 15 minutes. Plus alot of horney guys and gals looking to "hook" up for the camera.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast