+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FOX Opens 'Paradise Hotel' to Viewers

Thanks, dagwood! FOX generally goes to air with crappy stuff, and cancels the good shows. There's almost nothing on FOX anymore that I watch. Too bad too, they used to be good.

All things considered, I expect Paradise Hotel to flop.

What a (half developed) concept. So, I could apply, have a nice vacation for a week or two, and when I need to get back home, start acting like a major jerk. Although, I guess it could be an ultimate summer vacation for college students w/o a summer job, could develope to a major 'spring break'.

Originally posted by Leo
    They're expecting this to be their summer hope? Someone at Fox is on something.
    What else is new??

K

What is reality anyway? Hillary's Avatar
    Could be fun! Could be full of surprises, too!

We create our realities, don't we?

Hill
    HillRE

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    When I first read the premise of the show, I agreed with all of you - there's incentive to want to be ON the show, but why watch? Then I realized that the same thing could be said of Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, or any of the host of very successful game shows.

Who knows, it might actually work.

Just Discovered FORT briangrapes's Avatar
    I'm not really sure what I think of this show. I'll probably skip it and just hope it fails.
    Brian Grapes

What is reality anyway? Hillary's Avatar
    I wish the show success. No sour grapes here! Might be a great study in social interactions!

HillRE

LiL Mixed Cutie

does it matter what the contestants look like???

hi everyone. i noticed that all of the people who are on paradise hotel are all beautiful and look like super models or male models.
    if some one who was overweight or not too attractive were to try out for the show, would they get on? im sure there are people who dont go for the outside and only care about whats on the inside. i just would like to see a lady on there who weighs more than 200 pounds and see what happens. there are many overweight women who still get lots of attention from men...so why not do it? all of these realality shows are so the same thing...everyone on them is skinny and pretty...thats what makes me think they are fakes...i, myself am not overweight, im 5'3" and i weigh 118 pounds...but these realality shows are just too "same ole same ole." everyone on them pretending to be something they're not. i bet some of them starved themselves for weeks before getting on these shows. so, your next contestant should be an overweight woman in her 30s. it would seem more believeable.....
    :rolleyes:

lol_its_fun

Re: does it matter what the contestants look like???

Originally posted by LiL Mixed Cutie

hi everyone. i noticed that all of the people who are on paradise hotel are all beautiful and look like super models or male models.
    if some one who was overweight or not too attractive were to try out for the show, would they get on?
    You wish has come true! The new guest is not even average looking. He is below average.

And you are right. I think there are people who don't care about look. And chances that you can find these people are like 1 in 100,000. Still, the chance is much better than hitting the lottery right? Let face it, we are obesed with looks especially in North America. Just look around, how often do you see people with fake teeth, fake boobs, fake lips. Dentists and plastic surgeons in North America can make a lot more than those in Europe and Asia. Why? Because we are obsesd with looks. :beatup
    Last edited by lol_its_fun; 06-24-2003 at 01:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12