+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Paradise Hotel to return for second season?

Paradise Hotel to return for second season?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds19758.html

'Paradise Hotel' to return for second season?
    Tuesday, March 8 2005, 21:09 GMT -- by Neil Wilkes

FOX is in discussions to bring back Paradise Hotel for a second season later this year, according to C21 today.

The show, which featured a group of singletons living a hedonistic lifestyle in a luxury location, was a cult hit for the network in summer 2003 but was marred by heavy criticism from conservative groups.

Despite the controversy, its popularity was enough to spawn a less raunchy follow-up the following year. Called Forever Eden, the new version was billed as the world's first "neverending" reality soap, but disappointing ratings soon ensured that it came to a swift and ironic end.

Now Mike Darnell, FOX's head of reality programming, is said to be looking at reviving the original for a new installment this summer.

"We're exploring the possibility of bringing it back," Charles Thompson, MD of UK-based producer Mentorn, told C21. "Mike has been impressed with the performance of the format in Sweden, despite the fact that it was produced for much lower budgets that the Fox original. Fox has always wanted to return to Hotel but it enraged the Christian lobby and that hit ad sales."

One sticking point may be the high production costs involved. A number of options are being considered, including sponsorship finance, Mentorn taking "a combination of reduced production fee, back-end and finished tape sales" or even bringing back the original cast.

bringing back the original cast

This show was such a trainwreck the first time around, but it sure was fun. I hate to say it, but I'd probably watch it. Shh, don't tell anyone.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Okay - I'll admit it:
    My name is ADKLove and I was a PH-ore. While the Survivor discussion and recaps and The Bachelor sleuthing first caught my attention, it was for PH that I first de-lurked and became FORTified. I'm sure if they bring it back, I will be watching *hangs head in shame*
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Count me as a closet PH junkie as well. I think a reunion with the originals prior to a new cast would be kind of cool - I would love to see what that bug-eyed psycho-chick* is up to now (sorry thankfully I don't remember her name!).

*Toni the bartender from Chicago, she was recycled from the other fox show Paradise Island.
    Last edited by Ana Bannana; 03-10-2005 at 10:57 AM.

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    This is great news! I think P-Ho is what got me on the reality addiction for the first time. Oh the Amy/Keith/Zach drama was so great the first time around. I can only pray and hope this is true.
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Madre
    This is great news! I think P-Ho is what got me on the reality addiction for the first time. Oh the Amy/Keith/Zach drama was so great the first time around. I can only pray and hope this is true.
    same here.....this show was the first one that sucked me in on the reality show bandwagon.

BRING IT!!! I wouldn't mind seeing a "reunion" show, where they bring back the original cast. Maybe, they could have the original cast pick the new cast from a pool of possibilities. And then they just keep bringing people from that pool in to replace the other P-ho guests that don't get chosen from week to week.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

interesting.... I still miss FE.. but this might do? I never saw the first one, but I know FE was a huge rip off of it, so if I liked it, I should, in theory, like this one...
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    Count me as a closet PH junkie as well. I think a reunion with the originals prior to a new cast would be kind of cool - I would love to see what that bug-eyed psycho-chick* is up to now (sorry thankfully I don't remember her name!).

*Toni the bartender from Chicago, she was recycled from the other fox show Paradise Island.
    I remembered her from the previous show. How can you forget those bug-outs? Every time she did that it reminded me of the truck driver in Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

Well, I did watch the first one, and it absolutely sickened me. So no, I won't be watching a second installment. But since y'all are so looking forward to it, I do hope this is true, if only for your benefit.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast