+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Paradise Hotel to return for second season?

In the "supposed" warm south where it's been cold for weeks.

Re: Paradise Hotel to return for second season?

I checked out the website for MyNetwork TV and they have updated their site to include Paradise Hotel 2. Apparently it's showing at 1 a.m. on the east coast. It looks like they are going to have web episodes, so that's the only way I'll be able to watch. I wish they would get their act together. Anyway, the website has cast bios on there, a sneak peak video a message board and more once the show starts. Check it out if interested! Google MyNetwork to find the site.

Hey guys! You can probably move the discussion to the forum once the show starts, and there is an exclusive preview article up that you might be interested in.

FORT Newbie

I'm glad that E! will be airing this show in Canada. However, for those of you that have a digital box, it is available on it's regular date (Feb. 4 at 9 p.m.) in Canada. In the Toronto area, it will be on Channel 167 for those of you with a Rogers Digital Box.

Anybody watching? Where's Zack?
    Last edited by Unklescott; 02-04-2008 at 09:07 PM.

I'm going to watch at 10 here on Fox Reality Channel. It's supposedly more mature content but we'll see. I caught a minute of it on My Network Tv and felt a little sad watching Nate knowing he passed away.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2782660;
    I'm going to watch at 10 here on Fox Reality Channel. It's supposedly more mature content but we'll see. I caught a minute of it on My Network Tv and felt a little sad watching Nate knowing he passed away.
    oh really how sad what happened I missed it he seemed like a nice guy

See post #95 paridy. It is sad. Did anyone else think he might be a closet gay? When he first opened his mouth I thought, why is he on a singles show with women?
    Yup, with donuts!!

I noticed that Arthur Smith and Kent Weed aren't the executive producers on this one.

just barely noticed last nite the DVR picked it up, so far i have only watched the 1st 15 minutes or so

i will come back later and give my opinion on the new season

Paradise Hotel 2

I didn't see a thread for this... Is anyone else watching?
    Who-hoooooooooooo!!! I am so excited for this show!!
    I get to skankily live vicariously through these self-indulgent exhibitionists.

The girls are cute. The guys so far, eh. I'm glad the show will have guest "turnover" every episode so we'll get a new person every week.

To recap the premiere, we meet the ladies: Chelsea, from Los Angeles; Tawnya, also from the LA region (actresses?); 2 pretty girls from Atlanta (one is a model) Charte and Tidisha; a 22-year old blond virgin (!) hairdresser Krista from Phoenix; and one quieter girl, Lauren, from New Jersey. The guys are then introduced. Sorry, I didn't pay much attention to their names and where they were from because I was sort of wallowing in disappointment.

After initial drinks and time to mingle, a.k.a., mentally pick out in what order they are going to sleep with each other, the guys and girls are asked to get into bathing suits and have a swim party. Between all the wardrobe changing parties, the girls learn that by the end of the night each one of them will have to select one guy to have as their roommate. Because there is an extra girl, she will be tasked with breaking up one of the couples and getting the guy to move in with her in order to be "safe" and stay for another episode (Seriously).

The two LA girls apparently share the same taste in men. Both are interest in Mike, a man partial to facial hair, and a tall, blonde Houstonian named James, who says unless you look like Barbie doll you aren't getting his attention.

We get down to selection time:
    Chelsea (LA girl #1) who doesn't exactly look like Barbie, selects James based on his "personality."

Quiet girl Lauren, who Raheem said he'll have tonight, actually picks Ryan, also from Jersey and who shares a strong resemblance to Kurt Cobain.

Charte picks Nate, which we heard little from or about so far.

Bubbly virgin Krista picks Mike, the one that Chelsea and Tawnya said they were competing for,.

Tidisha, who had an earlier disagreement with Raheem, and informs us that he is a major, major player, picks Raheem. She obviously didn't want him and picks him strictly for strategy as to guarantee that she would not be without a roommate, she knows no one else in their right mind would pick the guy with the super-player attitude for this game, unless it was for survival.

Tawnya (LA girl #2) also selects James (the Barbie-seeker), deciding to battle it out with Chelsea to see who James picks and who will be rooming alone and tasked with breaking up another couple. James picks Chelsea.

Oh gee... another party; make that an underwear party. Hineys are slapped repeatedly.

The couples go back to their rooms. A little kissing entails in some rooms, not so much in others. Nate sleeps on the floor in his room with Charte which I find interesting because I think Charte is the most attractive girl in the group. The next morning over breakfast, Chelsea scolds the ladies for not getting dirtier with their roommates last night. Krista confesses her virgin status to the other ladies. Mike tells Chelsea he doesn't have much in common with his partner, Krista, and Chelsea tells Mike she feels the same about her partner, even though she was the one who picked him last night. Since then, she has developed a major thing for the Kurt Cobain ringer, Ryan.

After breakfast, guess what? Another party. What? This one is an all-day stripper party, threesome lapdances entail.

A big twist is revealed after the party... the host informs everyone that no one ever leaves Paradise Hotel without having a roommate, so the lone Krista will be safe AND gets two dates, each with a man of her choice before the next roommate selection. Chelsea is not happy. She complains that her partner will be picked. Another party. With the alcohol free-flowing, Chelsea makes her play for Ryan. They sneak outside for a little makeout session.

Previews for next week look like fun, the initial nice-ities are gone.

My favorite line during this episode... during a man-talk between all the guys, they discuss the pitfalls of getting in too deep with any one particular girl: "Sharing is caring," says Raheem. It is quite catchy as they all chant together: "sharing is caring"... "sharing is caring"...
    Last edited by miadora; 02-09-2008 at 06:59 PM.

I'm watching. Well...the first episode anyway. I've been anticipating the return of PH ever since the end of the first one. Now that it's here, it seems very anti-climatic. Season 2 got next to no promotion or publicity leading up to it, which seems to me to give it a D list feel big time. As well, bothers me that the host (Amanda is it?) and the male voice over repeats over and over and over again how the game is played and what's going to happen and what the contestants need to do and yada yada yada. They sure drag it out. Can't recall if that bugged me the first time, but I remember it and it bugs me now. Also, I don't find any of the women "hot". Nice looking, but not hot. Lauren was my pre-show fave, and still is.
    Anyway, thank god Survivor is back on. They still do it better than anyone and I'm glued.

Rant over.

+ Reply to Thread