+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: funnest thing

Hug me!

funnest thing

I went to the gym yesterday and I walked by this cardio exercise class .. guess what song they were playing to work it up ??? Paradise Hotel theme song. blah blah blah... tickets to paradise.. I am like..
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Well, it is a fairly popular 80's song....

Hug me!
    Really ? I didn't know that.. I thought they wrote this song just for the show.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Two Tickets To Paradise
    by Eddie Money

Got a surprise especially for you,
    Something that both of us have always wanted to do.
    We've waited so long, waited so long.

I'm gonna take you on a trip so far from here,
    I've got two tickets in my pocket, now baby, we're gonna disappear.

I've got two tickets to paradise,
    Won't you pack your bags, we'll leave tonight,
    I've got two tickets to paradise.

I'm gonna take you on a trip so far from here,
    I've got two tickets in my pocket, now baby, we're gonna disappear. (You know why?)

Won't you pack your bags, we'll leave tonight,
    I've got two tickets to paradise.
    It reached a high of #22 on the Billboard chart in 1978, making it a Top 40 hit. I guess I was a couple of years off, though.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Well, it is a fairly popular 80's song....
    I am actually a huge Eddie Money fan and I am sure he is laughing all the way to the bank with the additional residuals he is making off of the show using his song as a theme.

But I think I would have been cooler - not to mention more fitting - if they used 'Guns & Roses' song "Paradise City" as a them song instead. Something about Axl Rose's screaming voice that just seems to be appropriate for this show.

Listed below are actual lyrics to one verse of the song. Tell me how truly these fit the theme of the show!:

"Rags to riches or so they say, you gotta-keep on pushin' for the fortune and fame -It's all a gamble when it's just a game, yet you treat it like a capital crime - and everybody's doing their time".

I liked the way they did the arrangement of the song so it sounded really similar to the "Beverly Hills, 90210" theme song.

As for Eddie Money, I hope he made a lot on this, because historically, he hasn't made much. He claims it's because his fans can't afford him, and they buy a CD and make copies for all their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenFan#205

This makes me feel old. It reminds me of the time I was talking to a co-worker about Top Gun and a teenager overheard us and wanted to know what Top Gun was.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    As for Eddie Money, I hope he made a lot on this, because historically, he hasn't made much. He claims it's because his fans can't afford him, and they buy a CD and make copies for all their friends.
    Ah so true. Eddie is a very blue collar sort of perfomer. I actually saw him in concert recently and - unfortunately - he is currently resigned to doing the "county fair/block party" type of circuit. I saw him play at a local fest outside of Chicago for about 1500 people.

But it was free and he and his band put on a smoking show. Afterwards he sat around and signed autographs, shook hands, looked you in the eye when he talked to you and genuinly seemed pleased that his music is still appreciated and not all of his fans have forgotten him.

He sold t-shirts and ball caps and stuff and all of the money went to his charity foundation which is set-up for terminally ill kids.

Throughout the show he continually cracked jokes at his own expense.

But I do think he will have another big surge in his career at some point. In the 80's/90's he had a number of pretty large hits which all still stood the test of time and sounded great in concert.

He is also a former New York City Policeman as was his father and his fathers father etc. His dad never really forgave him for leaving the force to pursue music and thus breaking the family tradition.

That is probably more that any of you ever wanted to know about Eddie Money isnt it? LOL I think he is very talented.

This could also go under the "Signs you're addicted to PH," but . . .

I first heard the Eddie Money song a few weeks ago when I was driving, and I had a bizzare Pavlov's dog experience. It was back around the "return of the originals," when it was physically painful to watch them all come back and threaten the Barbies. When I heard the song, my sympathetic nervous system went off, and I started getting all agitated -- heart rate went up, etc. It was so pathetic -- ding! Paradise hotel is on, time to get stressed out and throw things at Amy!

Thank god I can get back to my life now! Besides checking these boards every couple days . . .

FORT Newbie
    RubenFan#205 said:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, Ruben. That explains a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast