+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: funnest thing

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    It's so nice to be understood Daddio
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    As for Eddie Money, I hope he made a lot on this, because historically, he hasn't made much. He claims it's because his fans can't afford him, and they buy a CD and make copies for all their friends.
    Artists don't make much off CD/record sales. Most major artists rake up whenever they tour. I would argue allowing the music to be free helps the artist when he is touring since more people have heard his stuff and will go see the show, it only screws the record company.

As for the song, if anybody remembers they played a clip of it in the Simpsons episode where Homer wanted to go see the big football game. Homer was listening tot he radio and they played 2 tickets to paradise when he was wishing he could go see the game(he ends up going with Ned Flanders)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by mischief4911
    It's so nice to be understood Daddio
    ***sigh...what a wonderful world***

On Hiatus
    Ironically, last night, after having read the part of this thread about Eddie Money, I watched a re-run of King Of Queens with Eddie Money as a guest star. I kept thinking of him and his paradise song and hoping he'd sing it. He didn't.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by YCan'tAngieRead
    Ironically, last night, after having read the part of this thread about Eddie Money, I watched a re-run of King Of Queens with Eddie Money as a guest star. I kept thinking of him and his paradise song and hoping he'd sing it. He didn't.

I've never seen that episode but heard they play 2 tickets to paradise when he goes on some kind of spending spree. Am I right or is there another tribute to Eddie Money on a separate episode?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger
    I've never seen that episode but heard they play 2 tickets to paradise when he goes on some kind of spending spree. Am I right or is there another tribute to Eddie Money on a separate episode?
    Same episode Rog...I saw the same rerun the other night...Doug and Deacon win $5000 betting on a boxing match but Doug cant tell his wife as she had forbidden him from betting on the fight.

So they spend the day trying to spend the $5K in a few hours. Two Tix is playing over the montage of them blowing the money in various ways.

At one point they are in a fancy restaraunt and they see Eddie Money there. Doug hires Eddie and his guitarist to come and play a few songs in his living room. I think the only song that they show Eddie playing live at Doug's house is "Shakin".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234