+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: funnest thing

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    I am actually a huge Eddie Money fan and I am sure he is laughing all the way to the bank with the additional residuals he is making off of the show using his song as a theme.

But I think I would have been cooler - not to mention more fitting - if they used 'Guns & Roses' song "Paradise City" as a them song instead. Something about Axl Rose's screaming voice that just seems to be appropriate for this show.

Listed below are actual lyrics to one verse of the song. Tell me how truly these fit the theme of the show!:

"Rags to riches or so they say, you gotta-keep on pushin' for the fortune and fame -It's all a gamble when it's just a game, yet you treat it like a capital crime - and everybody's doing their time".

Wouldn't Welcome to the Jungle be more appropriate for this show?

"Do you know where you are? You're in the jungle baby! You're gonna diiiiieeeeeee"

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    This makes me feel old. It reminds me of the time I was talking to a co-worker about Top Gun and a teenager overheard us and wanted to know what Top Gun was.
    I feel the same way stargazer. I think I visibly shuddered when John posted the 1978 date of the song.... I was taking to someone that didn't know who Bo Derek was a little while back. I didn't think of myself as getting older until then.
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

Well, I was still a little one when the song first came out, but they were still playing it on the radio when I started getting interested in that kind of thing. I can't believe it was 1978 because they played it rather frequently during the 80's. I wonder if it had a second wave of popularity then?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by mischief4911
    I was taking to someone that didn't know who Bo Derek was a little while back. I didn't think of myself as getting older until then.
    Everyone knows who he is. He played football for the Oakland Raiders and baseball for the Chicago Whitesox. Bo Knows Reality TV. (Just kidding mischief4911 I know who Bo Derek is).

Everytime I think of Bo Derek I think of Rovelle's Bollero...Mmmmmmmm (there are probably only a very small handful of people who will get that reference so let me know if you want it explained LOL)

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mischief4911
    I feel the same way stargazer. I think I visibly shuddered when John posted the 1978 date of the song.... I was taking to someone that didn't know who Bo Derek was a little while back. I didn't think of myself as getting older until then.

I remember when the first episode started and that glorious song came on. My friend and I almost pissed our pants laughing. We knew then just how great this show was going to be. Sad thing is the kids are so young on the show they probably had no idea this was an eddie money song. I prefer the song take me home tonight and come to think of it, couldn't that also work for this shows theme song?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger
    Wouldn't Welcome to the Jungle be more appropriate for this show?

"Do you know where you are? You're in the jungle baby! You're gonna diiiiieeeeeee"
    Good suggestion Rog, and quite fitting.

But I was trying to stick to the theme of a song with the word "Paradise" in the title. You know how TV thinks that our brains are pea-sized and not capable of metaphorical thought.

FORT Newbie
    Everyone knows who he is. He played football for the Oakland Raiders and baseball for the Chicago Whitesox. Bo Knows Reality TV. (Just kidding mischief4911 I know who Bo Derek is).

Everytime I think of Bo Derek I think of Rovelle's Bollero...Mmmmmmmm (there are probably only a very small handful of people who will get that reference so let me know if you want it explained LOL)

Sorry, Bo Derek was in the movie 10 with Dudley Moore. The one with the braids who comes out of the water. You're thinking of Bo Jackson or Simpson? Cant remember.

On Hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I liked the way they did the arrangement of the song so it sounded really similar to the "Beverly Hills, 90210" theme song.
    That's so funny, because when I first watched the show, I kept thinking it WAS the 90210 theme. Dur.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...

My heart sank a little when I read your first paragraph

Im glad I continued to read before I called to schedule the nursing home tour...

Oh Yes , Bollero ........

I prefer "Take me home tonight" too. I always loved Eddie Money.....
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger
    Sorry, Bo Derek was in the movie 10 with Dudley Moore. The one with the braids who comes out of the water. You're thinking of Bo Jackson or Simpson? Cant remember.
    I guess I failed in my attempt at humor there Rog...

I know who Bo 'Derek' is and you see that is why after I made my joke about Bo 'Jackson' I added in parenthethis "Just kidding mischeif, I know who Bo Derek is...")

I then made the 'Rovelles Bollero' comment which is a reference to a scene out of the movie "10"
    Last edited by Daddio; 10-09-2003 at 11:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast