+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: P-Ho's on Mix96

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Perception is Reality

and obviously (we are still talking about it a week later) Charla's public perception isn't exactly being portrayed in a positive light... Great- she won the $$$, well played game... i think she would have been better served (and rewarded) if she had shown some class and shared the money.
    Can you imagine the possible endorsements or speaking engagements she would have been invited to had she exhibited an oz of humility.
    she made a fine game decision, but a poor business decision...

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    Perception is Reality

and obviously (we are still talking about it a week later) Charla's public perception isn't exactly being portrayed in a positive light... Great- she won the $$$, well played game... i think she would have been better served (and rewarded) if she had shown some class and shared the money.
    Can you imagine the possible endorsements or speaking engagements she would have been invited to had she exhibited an oz of humility.
    she made a fine game decision, but a poor business decision...
    I am still ambivalent as to the ethics of Charla's decision, but I lost respect for her intelligence level if nothing else. Although she got the Maxim shoot anyway, she stood to gain a lot more from possible promotions, particularly in dual promotions with Dave. Plus, like it or not, Dave is set to make it in the world, and it would probably be well worth the $125k to retain that conneciton. In sum, she should have seen the $125k she gave Dave in an investment in both future promotional ads and a permanent PR partnership with Dave. Of course, hindsight is 20/20, and Charla did not know how the show was being edited or if any of this would have been coming, but I thought she would have been shrewd enough to have taken that risk.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenFan#205
    yeah, let's move on. Let just hope your friend doesn't screw you the way that Charla screwed Dave.
    Whatever! It's funny how you overlook the fact that had Dave lost the game without the help of Charla.

Besides, if my friend's won money and didn't spread the joy, I would not be upset. Why? Because being their friend I would just be happy for their good fortune. And YES that includes if I had a hand in helping win the money. It would be seflish of me to expect some of the money.
    *smooches*

Besides, the only people that Charla should be concerned about as far as her decision goes is her friends (before PH) and her family. I'm sure she doesn't care what we all have to say, at least she shouldn't.
    *smooches*

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by fallsplendor
    Besides, the only people that Charla should be concerned about as far as her decision goes is her friends (before PH) and her family. I'm sure she doesn't care what we all have to say, at least she shouldn't.
    Of course.. dear.. because after PH, no body else would want to be her friend anymore. So she better treasures the one she got.. if she has any to begin with.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Quote Originally Posted by RubenFan#205
    Of course.. dear.. because after PH, no body else would want to be her friend anymore. So she better treasures the one she got.. if she has any to begin with.
    generalizations are nasty ruben I wouldnt stop being her friend because of anything on tv, if she was a true friend of mine to begin with that is
    "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, Art is knowing which ones to keep"

I posted this under the Charla thread but thought I'd put it here too

Charla's Interview (Alone)
    http://www.96x.ca/cgi-bin/more?categ...show&id=100450

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fallsplendor
    Exactly FallS. I'm sure she could care less what a bunch of strangers watching her on TV and talking about the show on the Internet think about her...I know I wouldn't.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Father Time lol
    Woohoo! 96X has posted Part ONE of the PH Final Four Reunion. Thank you, 96X! Enjoy!

BJ & Shannon Xperience Interview with PH Final Four -- Part One - Charla -- Transcript

--------------------------------------------------

BJ: Here we go! It's Charla from Paradise Hotel! Good morning, Charla!

Charla: Hi, how are you?

BJ: Great, how are you?

Shannon: (shouting) Good Morniiiiiiiiiinnnnggggggggg!

Charla: Good. I love the Toni intro, thank you!

[All laugh]

Shannon: Do you have any of those T-shirts that say "Yahtzee! Game On!" that are now flying around the Net?

Charla: No, I wish I did because I would totally wear it.

Shannon: Would ya?!

Charla: Ya!

Shannon: That's awesome!

BJ: Are you amazed at the incredible popularity, the stratospheric rise, of this show through the course of the summer?

Charla: Ya, I guess I still don't know how big it is. I still... People still want my autograph am I'm like, "Whyyy?! What are you gonna do with it?"

BJ: Oh because you're an introverted, kind of a shy person, that kinda freaks you out -- We know that from watching the show.

Charla: Well, I'm not shy at all. I'm just like, "It's reality TV, I'm just a regular person". I mean, everybody's a regular person but...

Shannon: So when you first got invited to be a part of this show then you thought, "Paradise Hotel, what's that? Is anyone gonna care about this?"

Charla: Oh yeah totally, I thought I was just gonna go there to have fun and make new friends and that didn't happen. [All laugh]

BJ: Now how does it feel to you to be the only person who survived from the very beginning to the very end?

Charla: Awesome. It makes me feel great, it makes me feel proud of myself, it was hard.

Shannon: Does it make you wanna go [Taunting] Na-na-na-boo-boo!?

Charla: Well you know that I wouldn't do that but I want to.

BJ: Let me play you a little clip from the show, Charla, if you don't mind. This is from the finale two nights ago.

[Plays clip of Charla commenting Dave saying how she learned a lot from him and wanting to get to know him better after the show. She says if it weren't for Dave, she wouldn't be there]

BJ: Y'know what the #1 question we want to ask you is...?

Charla: Why did I keep the money...?

BJ: MmmyaOK, that's the #1, let's go with that first. Why did you keep the money?

Charla: Ummm... I don't know... It was my decision. I just felt that's what I was supposed to do, I honestly did. It had nothing to do with Dave personally or anything like that. I'm getting a lot of heat for it right now but I stand by my decision 100%. I did think I did the right thing.

Shannon: Who's giving you heat? Do you have friends? Is your mom giving you heat?

Charla: Oh no! My family and my friends and everyone I know and who I have connections with is like, "Ya rock on! I'm proud of you".

BJ: And, "Can I get a loan"?

[All laugh]

Charla: No, after taxes I'm gonna have not very much.

BJ: Half.

Charla: Yeah, so...

Shannon: Did you spot the guy any money afterwards?

Charla: I don't have any of the money yet.

BJ: So you have not, at this point we have to understand, given or are you planning on giving anything to Dave at all?

Charla: I'm not supposed to talk about that.

Shannon: Oooh... Yes, that's very interesting, Charla.

BJ: Having watched the show you have no regrets about your decision about keeping the money?

Charla: No. I don't. I think I worked very hard for it and people say, "you wouldn't be there if it wasn't for Dave". But I could turn around and say the same thing about him. He could've been booted the first week, I coulda been like, "Andon, come to me tonight".

BJ: Do you think he would've given you half the money, had he won?

Charla: Umm... I don't know. I did it first and everyone I know says that he wouldn't but I don't care, that doesn't affect anything.

Shannon: That doesn't affect your decision...

Charla: No.

Shannon: That wasn't a part of you decision-making process.

Charla: Mm-mm (No).

Shannon: Did Toni affect your decision? Did you have the two devils in your ears as you were deciding? At one point were you undecided or did you know right away that if you got the money that (means) no sharing?

Charla: No, that was the hardest decision I have ever had to make in my whole life. Everyone says, "Oh I woulda given them the money, I woulda done this"... But you don't know, you have no idea what you'd decide if you were in my shoes the whole summer and then, "Hey you have a half-an-hour, do you wanna give someone $125,000?" That is a very, very hard decision to make.

Shannon: So did Toni help you make that decision?

Charla: She had influence, definitely.

BJ: In your mind, Charla, what was the pact? What was the understanding between you and Dave as you made your way through the game?

Charla: That we were always going to pick each other at elimination.

Shannon: What does that mean?

Charla: Like, every single elimination night, I would kick everyone off before him and same for me.

Shannon: But then when you got to the end, what kind of agreement did you guys have?

Charla: We never had a deal or anything like that about money or splitting it or anything. I thought I was going to lose because everyone was so mad at him and then we switched partners. I mean, I was like, "we're going to lose" because y'know...

BJ: So if you had lost would you completely blame it on Dave?

Charla: No. No.

BJ: There's a lot of people who are, as you know, in complete agreement like your family and friends and lots of fans of the show.

Shannon: And lots of people on the Net and lots of people on the message boards think you did the 100% right thing.

BJ: Yeah, what would you say to those people, excuse the word, to those who think you're a bitch? What would you say to those people?

Charla: Umm, there's some things I would say if I saw them in person but I can't say on radio. Umm, y'know, everyone has their own opinion and they can't, they have no idea what it's like. They're totally ignorant of anything that goes on on the show. All they know is they sit in front of the television and watch. They have no idea what it's like and they can't pretend like they know.

BJ: So you figure in the end that you screwed Dave? Or did Dave screw himself?

Charla: Umm... I don't think Dave screwed himself. I guess, if you want to say, I screwed him. I just looked out for #1, that's all.

Shannon: So, what kinda guys do you like, man?! What do other guys have that Dave doesn't? For the first three-quarters of this show, you're breaking everyone's heart.

Charla: What do you mean I'm breakin-- Oh because I don't want to be with Dave?

Shannon: Yeah! Everyone was rootin' for Dave! "Go Dave!... But Charla doesn't care..."

Charla: No, he's just my friend, I never led him on in any way. So, I always portayed friendship to him. He chose to feel that way and I'm always like, "we're friends Dave".

BJ: So, you were cognisant (having knowledge or understanding) to the fact he felt that way. Did it just kinda make you feel--

Charla: Not at first. Not at first and then he told me he was over it. Then I came home to watch the show and I was like, "He wasn't".

Shannon: So you didn't realize how deep Dave's big ol' crush on you was until you watched the show?

Charla: Yeah.

Shannon: Ooohh. I see. How did you feel then?

Charla: Funny.

Shannon: That would be really weird to come back and be like, "Oh my god! He had a bigger crush on me than I thought!"

Charla: Yeah. I just thought it was innocent in the beginning but I didn't know that... I mean it was like 3 months, y'know...

Shannon: A lot happens in 3 months, man. That's a long time to spend with a bunch of people.

Charla: Oh, it is.

BJ: Farewell my summer love... So what would you say to Dave if you were standing in front of him right now? I don't know whether you'd talk to him--

Shannon: Have you talked to him?

Charla: Oh I talked to him, often. I'd say, "Hi Dave! How are you?"

BJ: "Hey, how are ya?!"

Charla: Ya, I just talked to him on October 1st - it was his birthday - I said happy birthday.

Shannon: Oh right, it was his birthday! Oh! I totally forgot, you're right! It was a big day for him because it was the big show, the big finale, people are hatin' him and it's his birthday. That must've sucked!

BJ: What would you say to the fans that say nasty things about Dave?

Charla: Umm, nobody would say nasty things about Dave. But I always stook up for Dave. Dave is still my friend. I know people are like, "what?! you didn't give him the money" but money doesn't make a friendship. So, I'd say, "don't talk bad about Dave". He still supported me and look at how well and great, and how galantly he handled--

Shannon: Yeah he was pretty classy. He had a lot of class.

Charla: Yeah so how could you ever say anything bad about him, ever?

BJ: Alright. I've been practicing my Amanda (the hostess) all morning. Here it is; (In British accent) "No. I have an announcement. It wouldn't be a Paradise Hotel interview if there wasn't a twist". [Charla laughing] Charla, say hello to Dave! Hi Dave!

Charla: Hi Daaaave!

Dave: Hi, how are ya?

Charla: How are you?

Dave: OK. What's goin' on?

Charla: Nothin', I'm doing a little interview.

Dave: That's exciting. A little radio-interview-reunion!

Shannon: It is a reunion of sorts! We're waiting for Keith and Tara to call!

Dave: Well Keith and Tara had better call in already.

Shannon: I know!

Dave: We can have the whole "Fab Four" reunited here--

Shannon: I know! [Charla laughs]

--------------------------------------------------

Not a bad interview, much of what I'd expected. I'm hoping for the next part soon because it'll get juicy!
    Big Brother 10 - Dan, Memphis

You're the best LaZy!! Thanks sooooo soo sooo much for transcribing and sharing!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread