+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 327273747576777879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Paradizzle Finale Discussion *Spoilers *October 1

FORT Newbie
    After a night to think about this I find my feelings have not changed much. I'm still irate that their "privacy" included allowing former guests in give opinions and advice, under that pressure that's just AWFUL.

Here's some things I read I wanted to comment on:

Mindful826 said:
    "hey take it easy on Charla! Dave almost cost her everything, she's like 21 and a waitress? She has college to worry about, she has a family to worry about, she still lives at home with mommy, she needs to buy a house... [.....]
    ... if it wasn't for Dave she might not have been there for long, granted, but he DID almost cause her to get diddly squat last night so I feel no sympathy for him. I would've taken the money too, I would've gave him something after the show, but surely not half... that's just stupid."

Yes, that's right, no one else in the country has ever made it through waitressing and college without being given a quarter of a million dollars, so that's why she'd better take it. Much better than wasting all that time working, growing, and learning. Certainly much better than looking like a nice person and throwing half of it to someone who fed you in bed, held you when you bawled so hard you couldn't breathe, and loved you even in your robe and green face masque.

BTW, did Charla mention college? I thought she was worried about a house? It was funny that her family came into it too, because I believe what she said was that she wanted to buy herself a NICE house.

If Dave hadn't of been there, true, she would not have had the worry at the last couple of eleminations, because without Dave she would have been gone long before that, as you yourself pointed out.

The silliest part of the whole thing was that she could have given Dave half on the show and later said, Dave, I hate to do this, but I really think I may need some of that money. See, I want to do all these things, and after going over them with Charla Dave (who I feel wanted the gesture of her giving it, not the actual money) would have said "OK, I'll give you some of this money back."
    ------------------------

busvtech said:
    "I know Dave was "playing the game" and all but he didnt play the game fairly....If you are on a 4 some, you dont lie, cheat or backstab the people that are in your group...not until you are in the final four at least...Then its "game on".....Which it is, A game."

What is "fair" in a game? Was it stated in the rules one must follw certian codes and ethics? That one must behave in a mannerly and orderly fashion? True, in the end ethics and morals DID matter, because it was a jury vote, but they didn't know it would end that way, and we can't really attack Dave for playing in a manipulative way (as did many of the others) when he followed the rules that they did have and played to win the GAME. GAME, not DATING SHOW.

Remind me not to play monoply with you. I'd rather not play with someone who didn't understand why I took money from them everytime they landed on my property. It's part of the game. Ways to use Monopoly's rules may be easily found for us, because we know ho wthe game is played and how it is won, they were not told those things and Dave simply played assuming it would be "last couple standing". He was wrong. It doens't make the way he played the game wrong.
    -------------

darwin said:
    "Second, another berating fest, wasn't that great (not) I was glad to here charla say that they haven't seen the tapes and she was sure alot of other things went on, that seemed to put the jury in there place. (smart girl)"

Yeah, because if she HAD viewed the tapes she would have seen Dave standing up for her, fighting for her, saying wonderful complimentive things about her, and even crying over her.
    -------------------------

mmsavannah said:
    "I think sharing the money would have been going above and beyond. Every other reality game show makes alliances to get to the end but in the end the expectation is that only one will win."

This is NOT every other reality gane show. It was made CLEAR from the beginning that one COUPLE would win. They ASSUMED the COUPLE would be mates who had been together throughout the show. When one from EACH couple got the money that meant they could choose either to stay with what they had or split the prize with their other half of their original couple, like they thought they would have had to anywayz. The expectation was not that one individual would win. Note that what PH effectively did last night was NOT choose a couple TO win, but chose a couple OF winners. They picked two people and gave out two prizes, instead picking a couple and giving them one prize to split.

Ethics classes for years will have fun with this.
    -------------

Ycantangieread said:
    "And for those who think Keith's speech at the end was a bunch of crap-seriously, I think you should rethink that. I've seen a lot of fakeness in my life but this seemed really, honestly genuine."

Personally I thought it was funny. I actually believed he was taking a cheap shot at them and that they all bit the hook and swallowed the bait was hilarious. Then he came out with that claptrap about sending them all to Vegas. What?!

Now, if I had to select a couple to win the Paradise Hotel "game" based on their actions and how they played with the others (LOL), I would have granted the prizes to Keith and Scott. They played the game quietly and carefully without lying and backstabbing even when they were emotionally tense and frustrated as heck.

On Hiatus
    I guess the producers succeeded. No one can stop talking about Charla's decision.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

I'm suprised you didn't get the one of Keith coming out of the show :: gag ::
    Headlines Today

Charla Found To Be The New Anti-Christ

After not sharing her take of the prize of Fox's Paradise Hotel, Charla was found to be the new spawn of Satan, officially over throwing the past queen... erm king... erm... it... Toni.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mmsavannah
    This is my first post so be gentle....

I too am a little disappointed that Charla did not share the money but I don't fault her for it. I think sharing the money would have been going above and beyond. Every other reality game show makes alliances to get to the end but in the end the expectation is that only one will win. (alliances are almost a pre-requisite) I do beleive that Dave, Charla, Kieth, & Tara formed some geniune friendships so it was great that they had the opportunity to share and yes I wish she had but it does not make her evil because she did not. It makes her human.

Kieth on the otherhand proves to be more and more amazing.
    I'm a bit disappointed too. I think Dave and Charla helped each other get that far....they were both vulnerable at times. I think it's too bad that Charla doubted Dave in the end, but I think she was dismayed that he was willing to sell out their friends....even if it was partly for her. Her trust in him wavered because of his actions. I'm not sure what I would have done in her situation. If it had been more money I'm sure I would have given him half, but $125 isn't going to last that long.

need a lipgloss boost.. beezwax177's Avatar
    Charla did what was right. Dave doesn't need the money.

and whoever said that Charla doesn't "need" a house? I'm 22...I have a house...do I not "need" it either? What does age have to do with it?
    I see the dream and I see the nightmare, and I believe you can't have the dream without the nightmare. - Tori Amos

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    Thank you.. mischief4911.. for getting rid of your Keith and Charla's avator.
    Sure Rube , Now maybe you could change yours
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded Otaku
    I'm suprised you didn't get the one of Keith coming out of the show :: gag ::
    Actually I did try to find the shower one. I found all the scenes surrounding the shower bit (the ones of Tara slipping and falling ) but none of Keith coming out of the shower. But If I could have I certainly would have used it.

By the gag comment I take it that you don't like my AV.
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Wow, I'm way behind now. Having no internet access for two days sucks. Needless to say, no way in bloody Hades am I reading 41 pages of this thread.

All I have to say about the finale is, Zack apparently has Marine in him too.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    Wow, I'm way behind now. Having no internet access for two days sucks. Needless to say, no way in bloody Hades am I reading 41 pages of this thread.

All I have to say about the finale is, Zack apparently has Marine in him too.

Great to have you back! You know you are on here too much when you know who's missing. I was wondering about you yesterday.

Anyway, quick recap of the thread

"The OG's are mean." "No they aren't" "Keith is hot" "Charla is mean" "No she's not." "The twists were stupid" "The prize was lame"

That about sums it up
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Great to have you back! You know you are on here too much when you know who's missing. I was wondering about you yesterday.

Anyway, quick recap of the thread

"The OG's are mean." "No they aren't" "Keith is hot" "Charla is mean" "No she's not." "The twists were stupid" "The prize was lame"

That about sums it up
    Well my computer hard drive at work got fried and I'm still awaiting a replacement. I'm actually using someone else's for today.

Anyway, that's about what I expected, except throw in some "Zack is hot!" too for the few Original fans around here.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

+ Reply to Thread