+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 85 FirstFirst ... 296970717273747576777879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Paradizzle Finale Discussion *Spoilers *October 1

I just watched that part with Keith and Tara again. He bit her. He definitely bit her. And she said "ow..." I would have said "forget this stupid speech", then I would have turned around...kay. I better just stop right now.

These girls on Paradise Hotel just don't know how to treat Keith... First Charla turns away from all his kiss attemps (Do you want what I have in my teeth), then Tara writes a speech while Keith is biting her! He should definitely come to FORT for the loving he deserves!!!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

FORT Regular

Is this another example of reality tv proving men are nicer than women???

No doubt! Since the early days of Survivor I"ve felt men would win because male comraderie is stronger than women. Women bitch at each other and get jealous so easy. That's why women can't live together as roommates like guys can. I remember in the second survivor the guy totally let the woman win. And now this. The Keith fellow warm-heartedly gives the 125,000 away and Charla instead asks Dave what she should do (she already made up her mind that she was hogging it but concocted an ACT to pick on something he says so that she can say she was going to share but then decided not to). What a cheap stunt she pulled to make it look like she's not greedy but instead project it on Dave.

And then there were the other girls who went to Charla's room to convince her to hog the money. Why?

I would have the most respect for someone who with the following approach:

"The second 125,000 doesn't mean as much to me as it would to you, as it would be your first 125,000"--simple marginal distribution of wealth theory.

Not as good, but I can still respect is if she says:

"I'm sorry, but I want the money for myself. I played the game fair and square, I won. It's my decision, I've earned it, and I've decided to keep the cash."

Knowing that the latter would make her appear greedy she did the one thing I think is unacceptable!!!! She basically said: "I was going to give it to you but now you've said something I don't like and you made a facial expression that you always do when you're mad so I'm gonna keep it."

Stuff it!!!!!

But I think this is generally how it goes in reality T.V. shows. Men are either up front and rude, or outright generous. Women are either up front and rude, or SNEAKY and rude!!!!

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Anyway, Bravo to Keith for his generosity but I wouldn't have taken those grubby little preschoolers to Vegas for nothing. Beirut maybe (one way), but not Vegas and not with me.
    Yeah, i was just mulling that one over and was thinking about the fact that, generous and well-meaning as that offer was, there's gonna be a lot of pissed off losers in Vegas, with no cameras to chronicle their bad behavior. Could be a repeat of the Lord of the Original Flies. Hopefully Keith and Tara put the rooms in their names.

Quote Originally Posted by Yory Boy
    Knowing that the latter would make her appear greedy she did the one thing I think is unacceptable!!!! She basically said: "I was going to give it to you but now you've said something I don't like and you made a facial expression that you always do when you're mad so I'm gonna keep it."

Stuff it!!!!!

But I think this is generally how it goes in reality T.V. shows. Men are either up front and rude, or outright generous. Women are either up front and rude, or SNEAKY and rude!!!!

Thoughts?
    Maybe i misunderstood the interaction between Charla and Dave. I thought the only thing that would have made her give Dave the money was if he said her not giving it to him would affect their friendship. She basically put Dave in a "damned i do, damned if i don't situation." If he said he wanted the money, he was greedy and didn't really care about Charla, and maybe she would have given him the money but it would've risked the friendship, and if he said he didn't want the money, well, he would be out $125,000 (before taxes, of course).

As far as the male/female thing, i don't know if i completely agree with that. Assuming you're just talking about reality TV shows, and not reality, i think there are plenty of people that feel Dave was sneaky, at least towards the end (and i still like him-he proved himself to be a really caring guy more than once), and i don't think Tara was sneaky and rude at all (please don't bring up the Alex thing. She didn't make any promises to the guy)...i do think that guys are more "what you see is what you get" and that there's more under the surface with women...but there have been plenty of genuinely nice, giving women on these shows and plenty of nice-to-your-face guys who are really sneaky jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yory Boy
    No doubt! Since the early days of Survivor I"ve felt men would win because male comraderie is stronger than women.

Thoughts?
    Here's my thoughts. Take it for what its worth.

I don't think that the comraderie is stronger with men. When women have 'real' comraderie then it is just as strong. However, women as a general rule are big on drama. They are also programmed by society to be maternal and accomodating. Women are not encouraged to speak their mind and say what they think. Therefore, they gush about their 'sisters' and how much they 'LOOOVE' each other even when they don't feel that way at all. Unfortunately, if a woman really dislikes another, they can't keep this up forever.
    To men, women are giving the appearance of having relationships that they don't really have. Men, on the other hand, never play at being friends when they aren't. They either avoid the person they don't like or outright tell them that they are disliked. This is why women are sometimes perceived as sneaky and backstabbing by men when they are really just trying to make everyone happy when they first meet.
    This rule, of course, doesn't apply to all men or all women. Dave, for example, acted one way to the other men's faces and a different way behind their backs. Although typical for women, this behavior is not typical for men. This drew the wrath of the other men and Keith's staightforwardness (typical man behavior) drew the grudging respect of men who once hated him.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Here's my thoughts. Take it for what its worth.

I don't think that the comraderie is stronger with men. When women have 'real' comraderie then it is just as strong. However, women as a general rule are big on drama. They are also programmed by society to be maternal and accomodating. Women are not encouraged to speak their mind and say what they think. Therefore, they gush about their 'sisters' and how much they 'LOOOVE' each other even when they don't feel that way at all. Unfortunately, if a woman really dislikes another, they can't keep this up forever.
    To men, women are giving the appearance of having relationships that they don't really have. Men, on the other hand, never play at being friends when they aren't. They either avoid the person they don't like or outright tell them that they are disliked. This is why women are sometimes perceived as sneaky and backstabbing by men when they are really just trying to make everyone happy when they first meet.
    This rule, of course, doesn't apply to all men or all women. Dave, for example, acted one way to the other men's faces and a different way behind their backs. Although typical for women, this behavior is not typical for men. This drew the wrath of the other men and Keith's staightforwardness (typical man behavior) drew the grudging respect of men who once hated him.
    Interesting analysis, -gazer. I think you made a lot of good points.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Stargazer wise in the ways of humans. Now, let's get back to that bite...

Quote Originally Posted by onadime
    Stargazer wise in the ways of humans. Now, let's get back to that bite...
    Hehe, got off of our favorite subject of Keith's nibblings, didn't I?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Hehe, got off of our favorite subject of Keith's nibblings, didn't I?
    I am still hoping that someone will take your hint and find a screen cap of that moment!!!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

+ Reply to Thread