+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2767686970717273747576777879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Paradizzle Finale Discussion *Spoilers *October 1

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Thank goodness! FINALLY someone agreeing with me. Thank you so muc karazidezi.

If it wasnt for Dave, Charla would have been gone by week 4 or 5 at the latest and slinging drinks and trying to stay warm in Minnesota.
    i got ur back daddio, haha...seriously tho, how did she feel that she was 'entitled' to the money??? charla was my 3rd FAV character (only behind dave and keith) before last night's episode, but how could she not see that she ONLY got the money cuz of the twist...thats it... without it, keith and tara would have gotten the votes...

Yes, she only got the money because of the twists. If she had stuck with Dave, she would have lost for sure. Then they both would have lost.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by krazidezi
    i got ur back daddio, haha...seriously tho, how did she feel that she was 'entitled' to the money???
    Why because she is "Charla the Barbie Princess" of course hahaha

If she didnt get the money she was going to be "like, you know, really 'super mad' and all..." and go back to her room and sulk, and stomp her foot and maybe even hold her breath or not eat until she got her way. She might even run away from home. That would show them, that would show them all.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ok. One of the people last night who REALLY pissed me off was Desiree. What a total asshole. She had NO RIGHT to even open her trap and spout things off... She's damn lucky she even got ANY air time. I must say, she's on the top of my list along with the others I royally dislike.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindful826
    hey take it easy on Charla! Dave almost cost her everything, she's like 21 and a waitress? She has college to worry about, she has a family to worry about, she still lives at home with mommy, she needs to buy a house... a 1/4 a million is a lot of money half of that isn't... PH and their friendships, imho, are pretend, make-believe a check for 250k is real life and it's plain stupid to give away money that will help you IRL to someone like Dave, who is by NO MEANS broke!

Look, Charla came into that hotel by herself and she walked away with her prize by herself... if it wasn't for Dave she might not have been there for long, granted, but he DID almost cause her to get diddly squat last night so I feel no sympathy for him. I would've taken the money too, I would've gave him something after the show, but surely not half... that's just stupid.
    125K err... 70K after taxes takes care of almost any 4 Year college, takes care of standard outstanding student loans and takes a huge dent out of any masters program. The only college it doesn't pay for is Ivy League or medical school or an overpriced non-state school. If you think 70K won't pay for college please get yourself in a state university.

Charla is not married nor settled in her carrier, a house is the last thing she needs and a huge time waster (Shopping for it... selling it etc.) It is not something a 21 year old needs. A condo would be more appropriate and put her into the domain of someone who has equity and a positive net worth, well a head of most 21 year olds.

Dave is his own person and it's not the injustice of him missing out on the money. What the worst injustice is that she made him out to be a looser in front of the biggest losers (the OG). What should have happened is that she should have given him the check and he should have given it back in front of the OG. I don't know if he could have done that but that's what should have happened. If not they should have figured out a way to go before the originals as both winners...

The real crime of this show was that the originals got to come back (Again) to drain their vial spleens all over DCKT, that the producers made DCKT beg them for a stupid vote, and that the originals got to see some of their vindictive damage inflicted on Dave. Last night was a disappointment.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Ok. One of the people last night who REALLY pissed me off was Desiree. What a total asshole. She had NO RIGHT to even open her trap and spout things off... She's damn lucky she even got ANY air time. I must say, she's on the top of my list along with the others I royally dislike.
    Yeah but you had the love the Aunt Esther hat. That and her unique ability to turn on the waterworks and the "why cant we all just get along" schpeel with the blink of an overly mascarrad eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzu's Daddy
    125K err... 70K after taxes takes care of almost any 4 Year college, takes care of standard outstanding student loans and takes a huge dent out of any masters program. The only college it doesn't pay for is Ivy League or medical school or an overpriced non-state school. If you think 70K won't pay for college please get yourself in a state university.

Charla is not married nor settled in her carrier, a house is the last thing she needs and a huge time waster (Shopping for it... selling it etc.) It is not something a 21 year old needs. A condo would be more appropriate and put her into the domain of someone who has equity and a positive net worth, well a head of most 21 year olds.
    Well, I sure hope she calls you to see if it is okay with you what college she goes to or what the square footage of her home should be. :rolleyes
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Well, I sure hope she calls you to see if it is okay with you what college she goes to or what the square footage of her home should be. :rolleyes
    The funny thing is that you guys actually believe her lame excuse that she is going to use the money to buy a house ? Dude.. that girl thinks about no body but herself.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    I'm not saying she's not entitled to the money she's earned/won. I'm just saying she doesn't "really need" it. That's an absurd justification. She's not in debt to the mob. She can't have run credit cards up THAT high. She's 21 and like all 21 year olds need to work for a living finding what she's best able to do and be unencombered. It's healthy.

Like Judas's 30 peices of silver this 250K is not enough to retire on. It's enough to buy a really nice car/charriot or a smaller piece of property. I just think it's really going to weigh on her and even if she gives it away/back/to dave. Just taking it has somehow already damaged her. Whatever she buys with it her critics will want to see her buried in.
    Last edited by Zuzu's Daddy; 10-02-2003 at 02:29 PM.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    The funny thing is that you guys actually believe her lame excuse that she is going to use the money to buy a house ? Dude.. that girl thinks about no body but herself.

Hmm...this is the honest truth.

When I win the California Lottery....I'm NOT going to share with ANYONE but my gf. Her and I, and that's it. Nothing wrong with thinking for yourself..imo.

EDIT: Oops. Dummy me.. forgot about my family.
    But that's it!!! No friends, no neighbors, NO co-workers and NOBODY that I've only known for 3 months.
    Last edited by Maveno; 10-02-2003 at 02:25 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread