+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 85 FirstFirst ... 266667686970717273747576777879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Paradizzle Finale Discussion *Spoilers *October 1

FORT Newbie
    To be perfectly honest, I was just happy that Keith and Charla won. They are the two I had been hoping would win for some time but didn't think it was possible. Thanks to the twists and turns of the producers, it became possible.

Charla was the reason I started watching the show. I didn't see it from the beginning. The first show I watched was around when Matt got voted in. I tuned back in because I was curious what was happening with this shy-so-not-what-I-associate-with-realitytv girl, Charla. I got hooked fast and hard, much to my own embarrassment. Then Keith got voted in, apparently by mistake, and the game started to really rock.

I wasn't really disappointed by the finale. I was surprised that Charla didn't share the money with Dave, but not disappointed. After all, I wanted her ~and~ Keith to win. It's funny, though, because I do think Keith made the right choice in sharing his money with Tara. Maybe it's not so odd because the Charla/Dave relationship is completely different than the Keith/Tara relationship.

As for Amy and Zach, I wish them the best of luck. I'm quite sure in real life we would not be friends. I would not like them and they would not like me. However, we only got to see what the editors showed us of their relationship. We only got to see under two hours (with commercials and recaps) of every week. So, if he makes her happy, I hope they can be happy together.

I don't think Toni is a bad person. She's just outspoken and aggressive. She acts impulsively. I didn't see a manipulative person when I saw her. Except maybe at the end. I think the talks between the girls with Charla and Alex with Keith was totally producer manipulated.

I think Scott is a good guy. If Charla and Keith hadn't won, I would have wanted Scott to win.

...I'm sure I could post more final thoughts on my summer's very guilty pleasure, but I have a head cold. Nothing is coming through. Nothing like finding a forum for your favorite guilty pleasure after it's over. Well, a forum that seems to be filled with adults rather than the high school set.

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phedre

I wasn't really disappointed by the finale. I was surprised that Charla didn't share the money with Dave, but not disappointed. After all, I wanted her ~and~ Keith to win. It's funny, though, because I do think Keith made the right choice in sharing his money with Tara. Maybe it's not so odd because the Charla/Dave relationship is completely different than the Keith/Tara relationship.
    Care to explain ?
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Well as we know, FOX spared no expense on this show as evidenced by the following:

* Stopped doing the via-satellite, new guest selection after the first couple of weeks. Too expensive to rent the hall, pay for the satellite feed, fly Hostess Amanda back and forth, put her up in a hotel, meals etc.

* Then they went to "Lets fly to people out to Paradise and have the hotel guests chose between them live and in person. We already are renting the whole hotel so it wont cost us any rooms".

* Well, then they decided that they didnt even want to pay for the extra air ticket to fly the one not chosen back home so they just decided to fly Tom & Smokey out to Paradise and said "Here is your new room mate - no questions asked".

* The above-mentioned "One scrapbook to share", heck, they didnt even pay for a photographer to take actual photos, those were all vid-caps printed out on a bubble-jet.

* Fruit Loops for breakfast on their last morning in Paradise. Guess they didnt want to spring for the normal breakfast buffet.

* It looked like they sent the rest of the staff home to - aside from Jorge of course, who doubled as official vote counter for the winners.

* The last hotel that the "Final Six" stayed at when they went on their "dates" with the members of the other teams didnt exactly look top of the line did it?

And of course, the "Ultimate" example of FOX's cheapness...drum roll please...the "Ultimate Prize" of $125,000 and some Quiznos coupons. (dont ya just love their commerical with the guy "Raised by Wolves" - though I notice that they have appeared to pull the one showing him suckling the mother wolf and replaced it with the one showing them just licking each other. The suckling one was pretty icky).
    Perhaps Amy and Kristin blew out the PH budget by eating too much cheesecake. Query, which of those two gained more weight while they were in the hotel?

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    As for Amy-Zach... once this toxic mushroom cloud that is PH dissipates- Zach is axing Amy- there is no way in hell that off camera he sticks with her. After all this blows over- he'll go back to being the old Zack-ass. This sticking with her was all a public image ploy!
    Having said that i do hope they stay together- if any 2 people are on earth were meant for each other... oh boy- and here's to hoping they find a nice out of the way shack in the middle of the Everglades to hide away in...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Phedre
    As for Amy and Zach, we only got to see what the editors showed us of their relationship. We only got to see under two hours (with commercials and recaps) of every week. So, if he makes her happy, I hope they can be happy together.
    This reminded me of when they were showing the recap of what had transpired since the beggining of the show and we were treated one more to Zach explaining to Acmy how "dissappointed" he was that he got "stuck with her" and that "the two girls that I wanted to pick me didnt" (obviously, these two un-named girls are great judges of charecter - even on first impression). After all, as Zack then pointed out "I'm better than those two other guys. I am the best looking guy here".

I actually felt sad for Acmy for the first time in months when she then replied "I'm sorry" and gave her trademark little 'head-tilt'. She was basically saying "I am sorry that I am so hideous and that I dont deserve to bask in the greatness that is Zack".

But of course my feelings of concern for her and her feelings were only temporary and were displaced with the first image of one of her many childish rants.

FORT Newbie
    Im very glad charla kept the money because tony was right she deserved and dave didnt. all he did was lie and stab people in the back to win and look what he got out of it. NOTHING!!!!!!lol

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    No way is Zack sticking with Amy. No way. Just wait. As his pathetic celebrity cloud begins to mushroom out and vapid and vain airheaded bimbos start crawling up his pantlegs, Amy will be out in a New York minute.
    ~*~ Maji *~

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by shadygurl12341
    Im very glad charla kept the money because tony was right she deserved and dave didnt. all he did was lie and stab people in the back to win and look what he got out of it. NOTHING!!!!!!lol
    u guys are forgetting the fact that she would NOT have gotten there without dave...

and on top of that, she wouldn't not have gotten ANYTHING if it weren't for the twist that switched partners...she got the money by luck, the least she coulda done was share it with the person who not only got her there (granted, she got him there too), but WOULD HAVE shared the money with her, no questions asked...

I don't know, I still say that Zack and Amy stumble into a wedding chapel on the Vegas trip.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by krazidezi
    u guys are forgetting the fact that she would NOT have gotten there without dave...

and on top of that, she wouldn't not have gotten ANYTHING if it weren't for the twist that switched partners...she got the money by luck, the least she coulda done was share it with the person who not only got her there (granted, she got him there too), but WOULD HAVE shared the money with her, no questions asked...

Thank goodness! FINALLY someone agreeing with me. Thank you so muc karazidezi.

If it wasnt for Dave, Charla would have been gone by week 4 or 5 at the latest and slinging drinks and trying to stay warm in Minnesota.

+ Reply to Thread