+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 85 FirstFirst ... 256566676869707172737475767778798081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Paradizzle Finale Discussion *Spoilers *October 1

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by YCan'tAngieRead
    Plus, it's been said that Charla is still considering sharing the money.
    Yes and OJ is still looking for Nicole's killer.

(sorry, I couldnt resist tossing that in YCan'tAngieRead - no offense to your post. It was well written, well thought out and very articulate).

FORT Newbie
    What a downer the finale was. But not because Dave got the shaft, and he did get the shaft. I never could bring myself to like Dave anyway, and he brought it all on himself. Disliked if not hated, while being distrusted, abused and insulted. Then his "bestest buddy" Charla decides not to give him any of the dough. What was it all for, Dave? Was it worth it? Maybe when you go to visit Charla, she'll let you cook and clean for her while she goes out on the town.

The finale started becoming a downer when the originals came back yet again, like a bad rash I had one time when I was allergic to a particular laundry detergent (I mean, that rash would not go away). Some other posters had mentioned that they'd be back as jury, but I held out hope that this would not be the case. Why give this howling wolfpack, this cult of the damned, yet another forum in which to spout all their hypocritical vitriol.

I wonder how it all would have gone down if the originals knew from the start that they were in a "last-couple-standing" competition and not there merely to party and act like idiots. There would have been so much backbiting and backstabbing that Dave would come off as a rank amateur.

And I guess Matthew gas been initiated into the coven now, since nobody is in unless they've torn into Dave at least once. Matt, Dave didn't do anything to you, and so you came off as a camp follower, a hanger-on, a wannabe . . .shut up.

My real problem with the two-hour finale was that, in one form or another, each of the remaining couples did some groveling for the returning pack of jackals. Even Keith, of all people. What was he getting choked up about? What was that about he needing to do some growing up? It's a sad thing to lose a hero. To quote a line from "Walking Tall": I always thought you walked tall, but it looks like you done learned how to crawl.

Their obsequiousness gave a form of validation to all of the childish,
    mean-spirited, vindictive behavior of the originals. And I don't mind that Dave got no dough, but when it seems that Toni had something to do with Charla's decision (and therefore gives her the last laugh), that's something else. Then it's all is forgiven, and we're off to Vegas. Oh brother. The finale was a real disappointment, anti-climactic, a letdown, unsatisfying, and with a very bad aftertaste.

On Hiatus
    The finale was a real disappointment, anti-climactic, a letdown, unsatisfying, and with a very bad aftertaste.
    Yeah. I COMPLETELY agree with this. I am so danged glad this show is over.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

I forgot to mention one of my favorite moments from last night's show ... Amanda saying "we WILL see" after one of the revealing one of the "twists." It was so a la Amy. Just stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by realitynut
    I forgot to mention one of my favorite moments from last night's show ... Amanda saying "we WILL see" after one of the revealing one of the "twists." It was so a la Amy. Just stellar.

I caught that, too. Too funny! We'll see. We will see. We WILL see.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    It doesn't matter how you get there, the object of the game is to get there. Charla did, and I think she did the right thing by not sharing. I certainly wouldn't have.

The game forces you to step on others to get to the end. So I'm not sure why Charla is being villified for stepping on Dave near the end.
    i agree to a point... like another poster mentioned earlier- in all other "reality" games- there is only one winner- and a trail of tears are left in their place...

I believe that the problem most of us here have is that after watching that finale, i feel like the Originals actually won something and that they now feel vindicated that the popular people do prevail in the end- which is a giant kick in the nads! I liked watching the Originals lose everything and balance out that social order they were representing... but now the Originals got in all of their stabs (at what cost?, nothing), they had a HUGE say in the outcome of the game, and they have to feel satisfied in preserving the status quo!

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    i agree to a point... like another poster mentioned earlier- in all other "reality" games- there is only one winner- and a trail of tears are left in their place...

I believe that the problem most of us here have is that after watching that finale, i feel like the Originals actually won something and that they now feel vindicated that the popular people do prevail in the end- which is a giant kick in the nads! I liked watching the Originals lose everything and balance out that social order they were representing... but now the Originals got in all of their stabs (at what cost?, nothing), they had a HUGE say in the outcome of the game, and they have to feel satisfied in preserving the status quo!
    I don't really get this.. In my opinion... the OGs did lose everything. I don't believe for one second that Toni influenced Charla to keep the money. She never listened to Toni before.. why would she start now ?? All I can say is.. ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORD. It just goes to show exactly the kind of people Charla really is. That's all.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

FORT Newbie
    I wish they would have all done what Keith suggested when he was in the pool with Tara. Line up in front of all the OG's and just say F**K You!!! The OG would still have to vote a couple to win!! I think that would have been great,and as far as I am concerned not one of the FAB4 owed any kind of explanation, apology or reason to win to the others!!!!

You know, I said last night (before watching the show, only having read the spoilers) that I thought Charla was really mean not to share the money. But after having watched it, I think of her a little better. After all, Dave did not win. Charla and Keith won, she really wasn't under any obligation to share. On survivor does anyone ever say, "well, since I never would have been here without my alliance, I'll split my money with you."
    I mean, I think it would have been really nice of Charla to share (the scene with Tara and Keith was soooo adorable!). But don't forget, this girl is 21 years old- and that is a lot of money.
    So, in conclusion; I take back my comment about Charla being a bisnatch.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by YCan'tAngieRead
    By the way, I like the cheap way that PHo producers segwayed (sp?) into flashback scenes using the scrapbooks. Nice. And cheap-they didn't even give each one of them a book-just one so they'd have to split it. Or have joint custody.
    Well as we know, FOX spared no expense on this show as evidenced by the following:

* Stopped doing the via-satellite, new guest selection after the first couple of weeks. Too expensive to rent the hall, pay for the satellite feed, fly Hostess Amanda back and forth, put her up in a hotel, meals etc.

* Then they went to "Lets fly two people out to Paradise and have the hotel guests chose between them live and in person. We already are renting the whole hotel so it wont cost us any rooms".

* Well, then they decided that they didnt even want to pay for the extra air ticket to fly the one not chosen back home so they just decided to fly Tom & Smokey out to Paradise and said "Here is your new room mate - no questions asked".

* The above-mentioned "One scrapbook to share", heck, they didnt even pay for a photographer to take actual photos, those were all vid-caps printed out on a bubble-jet.

* Fruit Loops for breakfast on their last morning in Paradise. Guess they didnt want to spring for the normal breakfast buffet.

* It looked like they sent the rest of the staff home to - aside from Jorge of course, who doubled as official vote counter for the winners.

* The last hotel that the "Final Six" stayed at when they went on their "dates" with the members of the other teams didnt exactly look top of the line did it?

And of course, the "Ultimate" example of FOX's cheapness...drum roll please...the "Ultimate Prize" of $125,000 and some Quiznos coupons. (dont ya just love their commerical with the guy "Raised by Wolves" - though I notice that they have appeared to pull the one showing him suckling the mother wolf and replaced it with the one showing them just licking each other. The suckling one was pretty icky).
    Last edited by Daddio; 10-02-2003 at 02:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread